1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Highway robbery

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Jan 30, 2021.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The Lions are trading Matt Stafford to the Rams for Jared Goff, 2 future 1st rounders and a 3rd....... Pretty sure this will cost the Rams GM his job

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    We now know what the Watson asking price is. A QB, plus 3 1st round picks and a 3rd rounder. As much as I would like to see Watson a Steeler, that is too much draft capital. But if you look at it from the view of 24th picks or later, it may be worth it. The problem is if Watson gets injured, those late round firsts may be come early round firsts.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I was going to post something about this. Just saw it. Stafford is good but, no where near good enough to command a former 1st round pick, 2 future 1st rounders and a 3rd round pick this year. Goff must have sinned pretty badly to deserve hell, errr, Detroit!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    It's really as if Goff has no value in this trade at all. Like they threw him in as a parting gift. Wow.

I honestly didn't know Goff's value was that low.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I made a comment in a different post that Matt Stafford
    was a big fish, I didn't think he was going to be this big of fish.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Surprise to me too.

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    You look a his stats and he is not awful, not even terrible...actually decent to pretty good. His TD to Int ratio could be improved, but his winning % some QB's would salivate over. Now the winning % ratio is often a over blown credit to QB's, as is a losing %. As it is though all of his guaranteed money is up after 2022, and they free up 14 million this year. They could stay at 7, move up, or drop back and acquire even more capitol. Now are they the same old Lions and mess this up, or do they do this right and build a foundation to compete? And in doing so Groff is really not a bad QB to hold fort while they transition. They really win here.

8. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    They’re stupid. They had most of their money tied up in three players.