1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bills stayed in the locker room for the National Anthem

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    So let me get this straight, the Bills stayed in the locker room all season long during the playing of the National Anthem, but they found JuJu dancing on their logo offensive?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    SMH

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I don’t know what so hard to understand. Stay in the locker room for the Anthem so players don’t have to decide (and piss each other off) about whether to kneel or not, in front of zero fans. Remember this was Tomlins compromise before the Bears game in’18. On the Bills part, it was I respect your opinion even if I don’t agree decision, that we don’t need to take public.

Jujus ass-clownitude was a direct disrespect to the Bills as a football team. And they took it that way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    BOO!!

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Both are disrespectful to many for varying reasons... Only one is an actual issue or media story anymore due to ever changing political and media driven narrative... THE TREND as they say.

Does it rile some folks up to have the national anthem serve as a stage for perceived anti police rhetoric? Yes it does. Does that not matter to some folks in the same spirit? No it does not. Those are personal feelings regardless of which side of the aisle you champion. I personally feel that the politicians and the league and the think tank groups formed around such issues see it as nothing more than a revenue maker. No change actually occurs when it is one sided injustice being portrayed. There are many legitimate injustices in society but if it's not gaining any traction due to lack of interest etc... It goes unnoticed. This particular brand of injustice with the anthem/ protests misses the mark. These acts are national news that are spotlighted given the preferred scenario and the same news stories/instances are negated if the scenario is flipped. It's agenda pushing to market on sectors of certain folks feelings in alignment with certain narratives being pushed by certain groups that almost always excite or incite rather vs upright or address the cause theyre supposedly addressing. Certain examples warrant certain causes. Many causes aren't thoroughly investigated. It's all knee jerk with no proof or watered down proof day in and day out basing headlines off of engineered footage/emotions. It's terrible but look at the league... Many names on helmets championing folks who weren't anchor points for good humans but they fit a current trend. Many nameless faces with legitimate exercised gripes that go the wayside. It's SAD!

Players throughout the ages have taken an angle of disrespect toward their logo, field, talent, etc... Yes even now when player to team loyalty is viewed at an all time low by fans, they still buy into the this is our house theory if even for a fleeting moment. To sh!t or make fun of someone's personal space actually causes their dander to raise especially when it becomes the soup du jour. but atleast the fleeting gripes are on the proper stage and based on proper context and handled under the proper umbrella. Pretty easy to base and get behind the perceived reactionary stuff yet still argue over a terrible towel being used to shine a Bengals cleat etc... It keeps it in house. The other stuff keeps it in mainstream and the sad part is with a meritous movement the challenge gets drowned out by dummies outdoing folks with no factual context... Just headline material.

Purely my opinion. Go steelers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I have no issue with it. High school teams don’t even come out for the anthem. It’s not a big deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Prior to 2009 teams routinely stayed in the locker room for the anthem.

Bills are cry babies, JuJu danced on our logo :cry:

They showed their true colors during loss to the Chiefs acting like a bunch of punks.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.