1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watt Skipped End Of Year Exit Meeting

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dexter402, Jan 25, 2021.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Steelers insider Mark Kaboly confirms T.J. Watt did go through exit interviews with who needed to, adds it wouldn't be a big deal even if he didn't.:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mark Madden should stick to Hockey only, he has no clue what he is talking about
    in any other sport. I am local, I am not sure how he has stayed employed this long.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Read my post more carefully. I left open the possibility of both options.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Does he really know what he is talking about in hockey?

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    let me say hockey is his only sport that he is competent in.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not that it's any skin off my back, but glad 2 hear he went. I'd hate 2 see a player that I like or respect act like that.

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Did anyone listen to Madden today? He said last night at 3PM today there would be more coming...then an hours ago said he was done talking about it...so that's Mark, you make a claim and refuse to either back it up, or apologize?

I knew you were pathetic, but this is beyond that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Mark Madden should just stick to wrestling and strip clubs. He ain't even good at talking hawkey. Hes just good for unintentional humour.

10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey PWP.

This is fun (smile).

Excellent insightful response. Okay, so we know this is a game of Chess. Right? So, where do you start first per se?

Maybe at first is not the best choice of words as the the 11-Man Defensive Unit has to work in "Unison".

Obviously, we need to have the "Right" Personnel to make it work. So what this means, to me, is we need much stronger and aggressive CBs that can "Hold"/"Jam"/"Mug" the WRs longer within the allotted 5-Yard "Acceptance" Zone for an extended period of time without getting a penalty.

Next ("Simultaneously") we have to get pressure on the QB. We have to disrupt everything about him. We seem (were) to have been getting pressure when Bush and Dupree were in there. Getting about five sacks a game and "Man" (Excitement) were we constantly in the opposing teams' backfields. I loved it!

That is the one thing that I really noticed when our Defense was intact before Bush and Dupree went down. Again, we were "Fast". Really "Fast". Again, I know I am a broken record here but were were back there so often having "lunch dates" with the opposing teams in their backfields. It was a true joy to watch.

I think we were okay until the injuries hit Bush and Dupree. Not prefect but it was really starting to work.

We know, that no Defense is perfect and you have to have "Set" personnel to run a specific scheme. Again for me, first (if I am choosing "order") for the Cover-2, is again:

"Hold"/"Jam"/"Mug" the WRs longer within the allotted 5-Yard "Acceptance" Zone for an extended period of time without getting a penalty. To do this we need Big, Strong, Physical and Aggressive Defensive Backs. Then while they are "Jamming" the opposing WRs for "Extensive" time we must be having those "lunch dates" in the opposing teams' backfields like we were before the Bush and Dupree went down.

Do we have such DBs?

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Thank you for subjecting yourself to his how to share this with us. It's not surprising at all. Madden is an embarrassment.

12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I was actually asking because I cannot get the show, thankfully lol. I do not even have twitter, but googled his name and found the tweets, said Kanobly has his sources, he has his own and they do not agree...then says he is through with the subject. I get that some of these goofs get bad or incomplete info, but he make a declaration that more was coming today on his show. That is what the store rags do, it this is how this guy has been over the years, then why does he still have credentials? I only know him as a blow hard.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I used to work in the business and I have a hard time understanding why he still gets work in the business. He makes actual journalists look bad because people don't know the difference between a fraud like him and guys who actually do the work like Kaboly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Kaboly is a great reporter. I remember interacting with him a plethora of times at Clairton football games when he was with the Mckeesport Daily News with Josh Yohe. He practically covered Tyler Boyd from Clairton to Pitt and now as an opponent of the Steelers. Great human as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yes he does.

16. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't need a lesson in reading comprehension. You know damn well he wasn't attacking journalists in general. So save your patented blend of condescension and general irritability for someone else.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    People that can think for themselves do know the difference. Madden is journalistic professional wrestling. He's entertainment first, content second. I listen to him primarily because he enjoys talking about hockey and he can be very funny. He does have interesting opinions on other Pittsburgh sports topics. And, he isn't constrained like some of the beat writers or those that have ties to affiliates that carry Pitt, Pirates and Steelers broadcasts. Do I hold him in the same regard as Gene Collier or Jim O'Brien? No. Hell no.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Guy doesn’t know ****. He’s not entertainment, he’s just a ahole.

He made a fool out of himself with this story and tried to double down.

I’m glad Kaboly blew him up.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Years ago he said something's about The Bus. In that moment I decided that he was in it 4 shock value. Haven't paid attention 2 him since. I Shouldn't have given this much thought on what came out his mouth this time

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I'm open to the possibility that he was talking about journalists in general, who seem to have quite a few haters on this board.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I also met him when he was at the McKeesport Daily News. He was just a good guy and even then, you could see he put in the work.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I also enjoyed that, obviously. I found it through Dunlap's Twitter, which also made me chuckle. I'd love to hear Dunlap and Madden live. They can both be blowhards, but I would be not-so-secretly hoping Dunlap would flatten Madden.

• Like Like x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    When we had that extra speed at the LB then we could cover 1 of the big holes in the Cover 2 zone ..Dupree gave us another pass rusher who could get home fast,thus not allowing Receiving targets to make double moves and find soft spots as the zone stretches.. Meaning the longer a play goes on the more Defenders have moved from their zones whether by route runners or the QB moving them with his eyes or his mobility this is when the holes get big and easy to take advantage of...

I am not sure we have the DB'S to play press as we never really see it .IMO Haden,Minkah can play it Edmunds should be able to press , but it would have to be a man/zone where he could press and then release and play the short flats and he would have force in the run game....If we have a LB on a TE/WR/TE press would have to be best I would expect the LB'S to out physical those guys again release and have the short zones meaning they also have force on the run..

So if you see what Is going on above lots of Force and press using your stronger types to press and force allow your best coverage guys to press and stay in man ....I have been screaming this for years but maybe after this breakdown people might get it ... What is missing is the uber fast take the whole back of the field Safety this allows you to have that extra guy in the box as a extra press guy as a extra guy to fill a zone as a extra blitz guy.... At this point the Defensive scheme has the advantage on the run game and the short pass game ,if you take those 2 away more often then pressure gets home a lot more often....

All that deep Safety needs to do is be able to Cover sideline to sideline and bat down deep sideline throws and make open field tackles ....Speed, Speed, and more Speed...My take is Single high has many more Chess moves than Cover 2 and would be a great tool to have in the bag...

24. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Not living in the Pittsburgh area, I looked up who Mark Madden is. Looks like he’s a buffoon. Surprised ESPN hasn’t hired him yet.

25. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't blame him a bit. This is one screwed up franchise and it certainly isn't the one Mr. Rooney set up years ago. Over the past few years it has gone down hill and now the snowball is really getting big and fast. This team has a lot of issues and they do not have the right people in charge to fix them.