1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OL COACH THE MOST IMPORTANT HIRE.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You have to blame Surrat for some of these mistakes.
    Wis is currently playing for KC, started 2 games down the stretch for the chiefs.
    Not allowing Feiler to move back to RT when Banner went down.
    Keeping Dotson on the bench down the stetch.
    And, Chucks can't run block to save his life.

Gone are the days of pulling lineman, because the old regime is just to out of shape to get outside and make lead blocks.

Munch should have been promoted to OC when he was here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yes, I do not have a clue why you would not allow your new OC to hire his OL coach?

If these two coaches are not on the same page you will not be successful.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That's what I'm saying how many of these calls were his and how many were not his call?:cool:

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think we need an older experienced coach similar to Munchak for the position. Or even similar to what John Mitchell meant to the defensive line.

Someone that even the veterans are going to look up to, and not get complacent around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Marrone is out. Going back to college with Alabama.

6. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Just throwing this out there, what about Jeff Hartings? He always had good technique, and was well liked by the organization. He's currently a High School coach.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Harry Hiestand would be a good pickup. James Campen. < could team up with his old TE coach already here. Ben Wilkerson may be a thought too. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Whoever it maybe they are taking their time on in this hire.

9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Coaching isn't going to help much if the names on some of the backs of the jerseys aren't different. It's not a total rebuild on the O line, but there are some glaring weaknesses. Ahem, thanks for your service to your country and team 78, let me show you your parting gift.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we have always tried to go the cheapest route possible for o-linemen because we spent our money on ben and the couple of aged 1st rounders we have and had. our starters were futures picks and an udfa, as were most backups. now we are spending money on defense and having to purge some of the offensive cash to make that work. chuks is still under contract and a 3rd rounder, so i don't see any way that he is not a starter this year. they may even try to extend him so they can do it cheaper now then in the future. i seriously expect names like leglue, coyle and a few others to be on this roster come this season. we may draft a center but i doubt its in the first. they look all year for guys that they can bring along from these futures picks just like AV, fieler and banner. udfas like foster, bj finney, jc hassenauer. even hawkins was a 4th rounder brought back because he at least knew the system. wouldnt be surprised to see him offered a contract either on the cheap. :cool:

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Banner will probably be a starter, so does that mean Chuks is out LT then? I guess that is okay, but Chuks didn't give us anything in the run game either. Drafting a big time LT might be beneficial? But I'm all for just BPA at #24.

I am curious on what happened to DeCastro this year. His play fell off. Maybe he is done too.

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    High School to pro isn't a logical step.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Steelers talking to campen. :cool: