1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The good old days

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Andy Russell

Andy Russell Active Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Younger members should also look up Jack Lambert throwing down Cliff Harris of the Cowboys in the 1976 Super Bowl. He would for sure been ejected for it today but at the time it was a game changing moment for the Steelers and helped solidify Lambert’s reputation as the toughest hombre in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The other play I distinctly remember but can't find footage of was Joe Green punching Denver's Paul Howard in the stomach hard enough to knock him down. Joe was mad because he was being held the whole game and Howard wasn't being flagged so Joe took care of it himself, lol. To your point, today, Joe would have been ejected, suspended and fined. He might have been ejected. I don't recall. Jack was the resident tough guy on a whole squad full of tough, angry men.

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Found it....Joe actually punched two guys. He got caught the second time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy Russell

Andy Russell Active Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Those old videos bring back some great memories. No one will ever convince me that our Steel Curtain defence in the 1970’s was not the greatest NFL defence of all time.

5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    It surprised me how frequently guys blocked defensive linemen and linebackers by going for their legs.

6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Some high schools that run the flexbone still do, same with the academies in cfb.