1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pick up Haskins?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Dec 28, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Who knows?!

I am with the optimism Blast has. That would be highway robbery if Dwayne can develop into such a player. The talent is Top 5 Overall alone in any of the previous Five Drafts. That said, his experience level is unfortunately a late Day 2 at best when he was drafted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not a fan of the signing, if he sucks then just cut him.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Huge difference between Watson and Haskins.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    All makes sense now just read Haskins and Tomlin have the same agent!

also for those of you bashing me about him. Look at his stats for last year. First 4 games and rating of 29.4 the last 4 games was 4.1!

also benched for celebrating in the locker room after a 14 point loss to the ravens.

5. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Same agent as tomlin!!

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not saying there isn't....what I'm stating...is.......looks like Texans are looking 2 get rid of a Qb they just Drafted in the 1st round...not long ago....,but when Washington does the same...People say well if he's any good they wouldn't be getting rid of Someone they drafted in 1st round

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Steelers need to fill out their roster with cheap talent, they have twenty open roster spots and no real money to fill them. A cheap young player with his upside could turn out to be a good move and it means they don’t need to use a draft pick to replace Dobbs.

Ball is in his court, put in the effort on the field and behave off it and he might be able to turn his career around. Chances are he will fail on at least one count, but you never know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    No way would i mortgage the future like that for WATSON...JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I know of a Washington football fan who watched every game Haskins has played in the NFL. When he got released he told me that he was the stupidest QB he ever saw. He actually thinks he was illiterate and couldn't remember plays. He told me then I better hope he never signs with the Steelers.

If he was any good Urban Myer in Jax (I think he coached him at OSU) would of picked him up as a backup. Besides being dumb, he also said he is lazy, not good work ethics, and immature.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    But there's still a huge difference.

Watson wants out because hes tired of the Texans ineptitude.

Haskins was released due to poor play and disciplinary concerns.

The Texans didn't give up on Watson. Its vise versa.

11. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Because the Skins make genius football moves?.....I trust this front office WAY more than theirs!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok...not arguing, but NO organization gives up on a Qb that supposedly is top5 ...just cause he doesn't like it here....didn't stop him from signing that contract ....and If I was a team that was trying 2 trade away my Just signed, Supposedly top5 Qb....I wouldn't be tell anyone about any disciplinary problem I've been hiding.
    Also biggest difference...U ...Like one...and not the other...JMO. Me I don't like either...so my judgement is isn't clouded either way....., but since we signed Haskins....I sure hope I'm wrong , and he's Great. :dancing:

13. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I have seen accounts of his poor work ethic before, but at the end of the day the Steelers are just having a look with basically no risk attached at all. If he ever wants to start he will have to earn it the hard way.

You have to F up in spectacular fashion to get cut so soon as a first rounder. It does not bode well for him. This is a low probability roll of the dice for the Steelers. If he turns it around they might have a good player, if not, nothing lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Watson is a not a discipline problem. He has been a model citizen, and does a ton of stuff within the Houston community. People say he is a top 5 QB in the league, because he is.

Again, the two situations are in no way similar.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm also sure....and I don't know if Haskins will work out either way....but...Some Coaches...as I've seen from watching NFL 4 so long....like 2 have.....THEIR Guy...so guys already there don't get much leeway.....home example...Willie Parker.

16. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Your correct, there is a huge difference. But Watson would be very pricy. To mortgage the next few drafts for him would be downright foolish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok. Just so we understand...Ab was a model citizen...till his last year ....we got rid of him....and man....stuff I never heard of started 2 leak out.....but ok.

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Gotcha, I was just asking to see if we save any money since we are up against the cap if we keep him over Dobbs?

Anything we can do to free up room is a good thing.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Again guys, whether or not Haskins has the same agent as Mike Tomlin is by no means the deciding factor. Again, Colbert loves these types of signings as he is fan of acquiring players with First Round pedigree; Joe Haden and Tyson Alualu to name a few..... yet again. Furthermore, the only one QB now on the books in 2022 is Haskins now. Both Big Ben and Mason are off the books in 2022 and there really is not anyone else of note to acquire within the Steelers Cap currently. This all said, it will be interesting to see if the team does indeed intend to draft a QB as I doubt the arrival of Dwayne Haskins will have thrown a monkey wrench into the outlook between now and then.

Long story short?! Let us wait until we decide to pass judgement on him. As I stated already, I am skeptical about the hire. Within the same vein, I am also optimistic should Haskins pan out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Living in northern VA I get all the Washington games. Haskins has a heck of an arm but hasn't shown much else. However it isn't all just his immaturity. The whole team was a disaster in 2019. Then comes a new coach with another new offense... That rarely equates to success for a young QB with limited college starting experience. They should have basically red-shirted the guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    AB was a head case from the very beginning with a freakish work ethic and then his ego went into overdrive destroying nearly everything in it's way. A model citizen doesn't have all those baby momma's. JS

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some tweets welcoming Haskins. Sounds like maybe a little excitement among them going by Claypools comment.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The problem with your post is that you are assuming Washington got it right. That's a hell of an assumption.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ok so I just saw his college highlights and someone correct me if I’m wrong but does it seem like his balls sail for days? Lol

25. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    When did I say WFT makes genius football moves?