1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Ingram...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 19, 2021.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    His phrase, not mine. He's trying to make it sound as if signing Ingram is a prudent choice. It's his job. I disagree with his take, unless he comes dirt cheap. Otherwise, I draft a RB 2nd or 3rd round and maybe look for a younger, cheaper FA or two that might have some upside.

Ingram is someone a team with cap room and a capable starter brings in as insurance. I'd hate like hell to see this team start signing broken down FA's that might help because Roethlisberger is coming back and they think a couple of stop gap moves makes them a playoff contender. I want to see them dump salary and start drafting to need.

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree, in fact the recent track record of most of those type of signings is dubious at best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Maybe, I have seen a few places that the center position is not strong this year as far as first rounders. Maybe we are both wrong and we go QB? He should help the running game.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Move up 14 spots? Yikes....

Only way he land Ingram is if no one else wants him and we get him on a good deal? Might be possible? Something similar to DeAngelo Williams acquisition?

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No..no...hell no...pass...no....

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Regarding Ingram, only if he comes dirt cheap. Running backs don't last long. He's 31 and he ended up a healthy scratch by the end of the season. I doubt there is much left in the tank.

7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    DeAngelo Williams was a better RB when he came to the Steelers than Ingram is now. Williams was expendable because of Jonathan Stewart, plus the o-line was good then.