1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers had the 4th easiest schedule in 2020

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Jan 18, 2021.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Notice the teams with the toughest schedule are the worst teams in the league and the teams with the easiest schedule are have the most wins.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Does anyone have a link to the actual w/l record?
    Without looking, I find it hard to believe that they had an easy schedule playing 8 of their 16 games against teams with 10 or more wins.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Injuries did have something to do with it, but the 2020 season won't be remembered for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    24, huh? The four finalists playing this weekend average 30+.

And the slow starts refer to not scoring in the first quarter.

5. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Bengals x 2, NFC Least, Jacksonville, Houston were the other 8.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And Baltimore, Cleveland played almost the same schedule :shrug:

8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Well we could all root for the Pirates to turn it around this year and get into the world series!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019

That’s great. TOMLIN is doing a lot of investigating this off-season.

10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, maybe, maybe not. The ONE Ratbird game I referred to was the one without Lamar Jackson, so they were not at their best then. Before we played the Titans I remember them not being right even though they were undefeated when we played them. The next game they lost to the Bungles as proof of my observation.

I stand by my remark. They had just ran in to a bad stretch when we played them. I think they lost 3 of 4 before they got going again.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You can only play what is put in front of you years ago in the making.

12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Not really concerned with other teams at the moment, just with a potential Steelers' philosophy of bringing back much of the same cast of characters who have failed for years, in the hopes that they'll finally break through against harder competition.

i.e., I fear the 2021 season will be over before it starts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    We're going nowhere until Ben is replaced. Period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Indeed. In fact, old-timer Steelers fans saw this firsthand with the Houston Run'N'Shoot offense. No running game was bound to doom us eventually.

15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerJJ.

My purpose on The Board here is not to try and convince anyone of anything. I make a point and try my best to substantiate it with solid research and rational thinking. Sports are emotional. It is a fandom thing and I get it. When you lose or fail, at anything in life, there are those that "dig" for the truth and then there are those that just let emotions get the best of them as to why.

I created that Thread last week about "Sticking up for Ben". The gist was that we failed this year because we had no running game to speak of because the O-Line was sub-par. In addition, Ben injured or not, could not carry this team. Again healing elbow or bionic elbow. It was not going to happen.

However, some here did not want to hear it. They stated: "Ben is washed up", "Ben is the root of all our problems", "Ben needs to ride off into the sunset", etc. I stand my ground. Ben had Major Reconstructive Surgery. Anyone who thought he was going to show up this season at "pre-injury form" was kidding themselves. Yes, he was good enough to play....with a supporting run game. However, not good enough to carry the team. And again, even if his elbow was fine it would still be too much to ask him to "carry" the team without a running game. This is more of a two-year recovery process. Some folks saw those videos of him throwing a tennis ball around in the off-season and got disillusioned.

IMO, Ben will be back, better, stronger but again we need an O-Line which ironically I saw an article stating that is our #1 priority and maybe RB as well. I say maybe an RB because we do not know what Conner can do behind a good O-Line. I would say he has to go to though. He is undependable from a health stand point. He has no vision, no instinct.

This team is a "Healthy" Ben and a decent O-line away from getting it done. Get Bush and Dupree back as well. Yes, Ben is not the player of ten years ago but he is way better than anyone else on this roster. He still has some mileage left. Look how he played in the second half of the Colts' game a few weeks ago. He still has it. He just needs to keep healing and rehabbing.

This is how I "Rationally" assess this team going forward.

STEELWINDS
    The East Side Kid

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1