1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers had the 4th easiest schedule in 2020

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    It may take a 2-14 season to make real changes happen. We welcome that. We embrace that and we own it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    When you consider we played the Titans and a Ratbird game, among others, when they were not at their best, we had it as easy as you could hope for.

I had commented on this before during the early part of our season. The timing of WHEN we played a particular opponent was very favorable for us during the win streak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey BigBensBigBong.

Again with the asterisk (*) for every game when we went 11-0. Unbelievable.
    We were the ones that had to wait for the titans to get back to strength when we finally played them. In the first rat game, they had their team in tact. NEXT!

I respect you. We have have had many good chats over time. However, Uh, Uh. No. No.

Some here act as if all of our wins came with stipulations. That is complete nonsense.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    11-0 lead to the biggest collapse in NFL history. Great.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey groutbrook.

Yes, it was a big collapse. I am not sure about the biggest but not good for sure. Embarrassing and as I like to say "Disgusting".

However, some here were just as bad as many in the National Media all season. There always seemed to be a "stipulation" as to why we won during that 11-0 run. I talked about this throughout the season. In a strange way some people just are never content when "winning" both in football and in life. Always needing to find a reason (excuse) as to why we won. An excuse for "success".

I still hear crap from people that say we did not righteously beat Seattle in Super Bowl XL. LMAO! That is just one example. When you wear Steelers' gear you have a big "Bulls-Eye" on your back groutbrook. I would think you know/experienced this?

Some fans here, were no better than the National Media this season. Some here were just as bad. Again, some here, like most from the National Media, gave us no respect during that 11-0 run. Continuously moaning all season. No better the whole time along. We only won this game because of this or that. Just Wow!

Below: Some of our fans in summary as we were 11-0:

"The media gives us no respect. We are undefeated. Boo-Hoo-Hoo".

Then on the other hand, some here, did the same exact thing. We only won because..... Fill in the blank. UGH!

Do people know why this is? It is because, WE, are everyone's Super Bowl. Our long, rich and extensive tradition and history goes with the territory as being every team's "Litmus Test". Think about the Patriots, Forty-Niners and Cowboys. Do they get bashed like us from every media outlet on a year in and year out basis.

Answer: NO.

Yet, they have successful histories. Right?

Take note when we are having a "losing" season and a team beats us. They are jumping for joy. All over social media. It is envy. They make themselves look ridiculous. Why though? Again, because we are in everyone's head even when we are non-competitive.

We, The Pittsburgh Steelers, are the Gold Standard of sports. Not just football. Embrace it. People, including some of our fans, need to stop looking for "alternative" reasons to justify our success.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    'Easy' schedule notwithstanding, I do wonder if the late season collapse on offense was simply the Cowboys staff coming up with a way to stop the offense and everyone else saying, "Oh, so that's how you defense that."

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t agree. Minkah said everything changed after the Redskins game.

They exposed some things and this team never saw fit to adjust what they were doing, just going to do what we do and exert our will over you.

That didn’t work out so well. Add in the injuries and Bens play falling off a cliff, it’s not surprising our season spiraled out of control.

Need to address the line, pick up a RB, get some depth if they lose Bud, trade/FA or draft a DB, prefer not to draft one, they suck at it.

Don’t have to blow it up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey SteelerJJ.

I have been saying this all season. It was an "Imbalanced" Offense that lead to our demise. Too much pressure was put on the Passing Game that was not healthy (Ben's elbow) to carry this team. Even with a healthy elbow, we would still have been a one-dimensional Offense. We had no run game to speak of and that, in short, caught up with us. Yes, there were some secondary issues with the Team as a whole. However, it was the lack of a running game that doomed this Team in the end. This is why Tomlin has made our Offensive Line the Team's #1 priority for the off-season as it should be. Add in a dependable Running Back with that O-line. I like Conner but he is not dependable from a health standpoint and he just brings very little to the table when he is on the field.

STEELWINDS
    The East Side Kid

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What would you consider a bigger collapse? I can't think of another one that's even close.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Chase Young announced it after the WFT loss: "Baltimore exposed some things". Yet loss after bad loss, no changes were made.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    You never know how good other teams are gona be next season, , I swear some people on here just look for a reason to *****/panick... most on here predicted us to go 8-8 or less this season.. i look at nxt years schedual and see a 10-6. 11-5 season, and if it doesnt happen, it doesnt happen ...on to the nxt season :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I mean...

If anything needs changed within the Offense, the Offensive Line is a good place to start. Kevin Dotson is already a keeper as he has shown he is capable of playing very well as an NFL Guard. Big Al and likely Zach Banner will need replaced for a start. Need some interior depth too.

15. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There are no easy schedules in the NFL. I am not sure why some people want to diminish what this team accomplished this year.

Some people don't know how to appreciate winning anymore. Maybe what some members of this fans based needs is for this team to lose consistently to appreciate winning again?

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe we had the 4th easiest schedule because we won 12 games, giving about 9 teams a tougher schedule. We did beat 4 of the other 6 afc playoff qualifiers, how many other teams could say that? We beat the Bengals twice & we most likely are competing for the easiest schedule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No faith in Banner?

I think Dotson, DD and Banner will be fine, need the other pieces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Not that I do not have any. That has not been the issue. How the team affords him though is different.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh I don’t think there is any doubt they bring him back, he even alluded to that in his exit interview. Another 1 year deal shouldn’t be too hard to work out.

20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Banner is definitely coming back, hopefully he makes a good recovery, he is a great guy by all accounts.

Banner and Chuks might be the starting Tackles in 2021, if nobody falls to them in the draft they may have no choice but to go with them. With the right coaching appointment it may work out fine.

21. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    We lost to the Bengals once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Titans were 5-0 and at home, when the Steelers beat them, and the first Baltimore game they were at home at their best.

• Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And injuries didn't have anything to do with that?

25. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Good to see some logic being applied. BTW, next year we have the hardest schedule. Rats have the second hardest, Bengals have the fifth and Browns have the ninth. The AFC North of 2021 may turn out to be the NFC East of 2020.

• Like Like x 1