1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bucs/Saints thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh you meant Andy Dalton.

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Remember before Mahomes got knocked out, he had some tyoe of foot injury.

Edit: now they’re saying it wasn’t a head hit, but being choked out.

3. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Naw, Belicheat is behind all of the wins. It's the coach not the player that wins games.

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Was thinking the same thing , he didn't get hit the guy had his arm around his neck

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. The jealousy on here disgusts me. What we're witnessing should be appreciated by true football fans. Yes, I want our Steelers to crush everyone in their path, including Brady. If that doesn't happen though, I love watching greatness. I don't care what the name is on the back of the jersey, but sports are made by guys like Brady, Jordan, Tiger, Lemieux, etc. What we're witnessing right now is something that may never happen again. So while I don't cheer for Brady, and typically cheer against his teams, when he does win, I appreciate what he has accomplished.

He's not the most talented QB out there. Far from it. Rodgers is better. Mahomes is better. Manning was better. Brees might be better. Somehow, this ****ing guy just keeps winning, even on a different team. I say good for him

• Like Like x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    God I hate Brady ... and frankly, I'm kinda shocked they beat the Saints tonight.

Bucs defense was on a whole other level tonight, which seems really odd. Certain guys on their D played some of the best games of their careers. How did Michael Thomas get shut out all game? I can't believe how lucky Brady gets sometimes?

Can't wait until he is gone, but the guy looks like he hasn't aged? Is he a vampire?

7. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I did bring that up in a thread on here, but I'm still not convinced. Sure, bending your neck a certain way can restrict blood flow which does result in someone quickly passing out, but not that quick. I've been choked out and have choked out others. At the very least it's a few seconds, and that's with a perfect choke hold. I'll be shocked if it wasn't a blow to the head that knocked him out.

Besides, if it was just him being choked out, why didn't he return to the game? He would have been perfectly fine after about 2-3 minutes.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I keep seeing them say that too, he wasn’t, his arm wasn’t even around his neck for more than a couple seconds.

His forearm came up under his face guard and hit him on the chin, looks like he caught him on the button. That’s how it seemed to me anyway.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Ok fine then stop referring to him as the GOAT then. The guy is a greedy POS. And greedy POS shouldn't be rewarded with more championships with this dream team he assembled. This isn't the NBA.

And not to mention AB, that guy doesn't deserve to win anything.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He's Joe Hardy

11. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Sounds like they have the script already to allow Mahomes to recover in one week from being knocked out and most likely concussed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It's a miracle!

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Tampa Bay must have great water and being a Laker fan somewhat I'm glad they don't have a BB team. Stanley Cup Champs, WS runner up and now this.

Hate him but kudos to Tom Brady, the guys AMAZING!! I am not and never was a Packer fan. My first ever game in the 60's they destroyed us and my dislike began.

Beat em Bucs!!! At least one teams with the nickname "Bucs" knows how to win.

14. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude grow up. You sound like a child with your whining.

15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I too am not a fan of Rodgers. I hate Brady from the Patriot days but I have to say this, I hope he beats the crap out of Rodgers and his Packers.

I fully understand why this board will be against me but if not the Bills I hope it's the Bucs winning the SB. I think one reason for my feelings is I'm shocked how the few Patriot fans I know have turned on Brady. They actually hate a guy who gave them the most amazing 20 years you could ask for in the NFL. If he could win it all it would be sticking in their face like they stuck the last 20 in mine.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They want to make sure he plays next week.

18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I understand your feelings and most board members would agree with you.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ?

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Waaaaaa Waaaaaa!

Sorry I don't like seeing people I can't stand succeed. This league is supposed to be about parity. Having one guy dominate it for almost two decades is not a good thing.

21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hope you don't follow the NBA. I really don't but it's obvious that the team who has the best big man wins the Championship. You sort of know who will win the title barring injury every season.

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I don't follow them regularly no but know enough what's going on there. You get a group of players that say hey let's all go to this team and win a bunch of championships. Obviously not nearly as bad in the NFL but with New England being in every single championship game it was close. And with TB assembling both Gronk and AB on top of the already good group of WRs there it's the same concept.

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Oh man I just googled some stuff about Brady just to disprove my point but no such luck. This guy is a grade A *******.

Breaking ping pong paddles when he loses a game.
    "I'm the best thing to happen to this franchise"
    "Bledsoe is never getting his f'ing job back"

24. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah, none of us here would ever turn on a former great player;)

I tend to agree though, if not the Bills or Chiefs I'd take the Bucs. I like Arians and I also would root for who I think has the better defense. Not proud of my jealousy, but some of these guys' arrogance is hard to stomach. It's not like Ben has been a stellar human being for much of his life either, but I ignored that when he was winning for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Nothing wrong with breaking paddles. I know many who have smashed golf clubs against trees. I am sure pros smash stuff all the time in anger. Never forget Tommy Lasorda throwing water cups all over the Dodger dugout in anger.

Little surprised he said that about Bledsoe. Huge young cocky egos in pro sports and he is the best thing to ever happen to that franchise. Johnny Bench said it best, you have to have some cockiness to play at that level but he said out of respect the Red machine played with a "Quiet Cocky".