1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1, 2, and 3 OL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Jan 17, 2021.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We need to draft offensive linemen with the first 3 picks this year. Center, guard, and a tackle. unless there is a game changer (QB or CB), we need to beef up our offensive line.

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Running Back is the biggest need on this team. I would go Etienne with the 1st pick.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Are you nuts?

• Like Like x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Doubt this will happen. Very seldom has Pittsburgh drafted three straight times on one side of the ball. You have to go back to 2016; all Defense. Before that, 2003; Defense again.

Offensively?! Last time the team drafted three straight Offensive Players was back in 1995.

1.) Mark Bruener

2.) Kordell Stewart

2.) Brandon Stai

Last time the team took two Offenisve Lineman back to back?! 1988 with Dermontti Dawson and Chuck Lanza.

Pittsburgh really does not like to focus on one side of the ball in either Free Agency or the Draft. Very seldom do they ever. That said, let us not forget that both Cameron Sutton and Mike Hilton may not be retained unless they cut ties with Joe Haden.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Read my post below yours good friend!!! :drinks:

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Chaz Surratt inside linebacker. Former QB turned LB. Has had two good reasons in doing so and is a smart athletic player. North Carolina.

Josh Myers center Ohio state rd. 2.

Shamar Mean-Charles CB App. St.

Teven Jenkins OT Okla. St.:cool:

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What good is that if they don't fix the OL?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They need to draft linemen, but they don't need to do it with first 3 picks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In 1981, 49ers drafted DBs #1 Ronnie Lott, #2 Eric Wright, and #3 Carlton Williamson and won the Super Bowl. It can happen.

10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Just pick 3 starters in one draft? Sure...

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    1974 Steelers draft!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    3 OL in the first three rounds will never happen.
    I would like to see 3 in the first 6.
    Dotson looks like the real deal and was one of the highest rated guards in the NFL when he replaced Fieler and he was drafted in the fourth rd.

13. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    3 in the 1st 5 would be cool.
    alot depends on who we retain or lose this off season

14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am curious to see what happens in free agency.

Definitely see an OL in the first. Probably a C/G with the best OT's off the board early.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Prioritising OLine and ignoring every other position is just going to create issues elsewhere down the road. Yes OLine is a big area of need but you have to have some balance in the draft. It’s not like the team is stacked elsewhere, they only have 35 players signed for 2021, they need everything!

Id argue that finding a top class offensive line coach is nearly as important as the draft in any case. You can get great production from late round or even undrafted offensive linemen with the right coaching. Wyatt Teller was the best guard in the league this year according to PFF and other experts for example, he was a fourth round pick that didn’t make it at his first team and was traded away. It’s probably the position group where coaching and continuity matters most. They have to get the right guy in that role.

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think you see Steelers shift Chuks to LT, who knows maybe he will play better at LT.

Banner coms back and gets re-singed moved to RT.

Not sure if Pouncey retires or comes back, if he retires JC probably takes that, unless the draft a center.

Dotson will start, DeCastro will be back hopefully he finds football fun again.
    DeCastro seemed not be having any fun at all.

As far as O-Line you will see a few drafted for sure. Hopefully they nail another Dotson type pick in the later rounds like they did this past year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey francobettis.

This is what my entire thread was about last week: "Sticking up for Ben". Even Tomlin said as much as the Offensive Line being the #1 priority this off-season. IMO, Ben will be fine. AGAIN this was Major Reconstructive Surgery. Some her (more like many) think this was little boo-boo that you put a band aid on a he was going to return to pre-injury form. WRONG!

His injury is still healing. The Offensive Line was sub-par. Thus ,we had no running game to speak of. In turn Ben and his arm were asked to do way more that physically possible along the timeline of the arm's healing process. He was asked to Offensively carry this team. We have the WRs/TEs to do it but ben has to get them the ball.

Now Many here disagree with me. That is okay. I am looking at this from a medical standpoint. This is a two-year healing process for this type of injury. Maybe it never gets back to 100%. However, I think we will see a much, much better Ben next year. No disrespect to anyone here. However, some (many) here are either too emotional and/or not knowledgeable enough to understand the nature of his injury. It is fandom. Sure, some of Ben's physical skills have declined. However, look how he played in the second half of the Colt's game. That is all I needed to see that he is moving in the right direction.

Again, like Tomlin stated, the O-Line is the number one priority this off-season. He sees it. He is the Head Coach like him or not.

Get a balanced Offensive Attack. Healing elbow or not. We still need a running game to balance this offense. We get that, and I say watch out. Come on folks, we all know how this works. Balanced Attack. Again, I know i am a broken record, but there are some in this post that "get it". We need to fix the Offensive Line first and foremost to move this team forward.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey troybellringer55

You get it. O-Line PRIORITY. See my post above.

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey blake duerden

20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey TuRnDoWnForWaTT.

You get it. O-Line PRIORITY and yes RB with that. The two go hand in hand. See my post above.

21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey steelersrule6.

23. fearthesteel

fearthesteel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    najee harris if available. no brainer

24. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Trey Sermon in the 4th?

• Like Like x 2
  25. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    for sure. having an oline in place to help balance the offence, protect ben and the future qb is the way to go.