1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben wants Juju Resigned

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DukeDukeDaDaDa, Jan 16, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's apparently a report out there that Ben says if he comes back he wants Juju to be resigned.

Don't know if true but if so, get lost Ben!

You are not elite you do not get to make demands anymore!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Neither is fine. AV, Pouncey and Conner can go with them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd welcome both of them back but there has to be major stipulations.

Ben has to work out more and practice his ass off. Just don't collect the biggest paycheck he ever will and still be lackluster when it comes for training for the season. Actually flipping do it. Give it 100% and not take Wednesdays off practice unless injured. Not just go through the motions but actually clear his head to be better than he ever has. The way that Brady dedicates himself and all the other great QB's do.

JUJU has to grow up and quit marketing himself. Do your job first and let the pieces fall into place later. Will have to take a Pittsburgh friendly deal but it could pay off in the long run. He needs to realize that. Steelers legends are cemented and he can be too only if he grows into that figure. The dude reminds me of Hines Ward with his toughness but also that of AB with his stupidity of immaturity and self promotion. He needs to also work harder and become better but the talent is there.

Matt Canada needs to tell Ben this is my offense now and you are going to run my schemes and it's not going to 80% shotgun.

Ben will be back for one year so I'm not sure JUJU will even sign a long term deal. Franchise tagging him may be the best option but if neither of them are in it to the fullest then everyone is wasting their time and ours.

MT will have to grow a spine as well.

4. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I didn't realize Ben cared. He has a funny way of showing it with all those forced throws to is DJ lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Four of your five stipulations will never happen (take your guess which ones). There's no sense kidding ourselves anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As I have stated in previous threads, JuJu has always been Ben R. man in the clutch. Whether the Steelers
    can afford him or not is to be determined. A large purge is coming.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As I stated in the other thread if going with Ben and the quick game JuJu , Claypool and Washington are the wrong types..If get the ball out fast is our Offense again we need get open fast with YAC potential...

8. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Don't know why The Steelers are playing Ben's game, if they are. He should retire because he is only a liability to the offense. If he comes back, next year will be a wasted effort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    They owe Ben a lot of money. Maybe they believe he can be better next season with a full offseason of recovery? He was coming off what appeared to be a major surgery for an athlete. I think Ben showed some good things this year. The consistency wasn't there in the intermediate and deep passing games to elevate the offense.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Bye Ben

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That was reported by Mike Garafalo of the NFL Network. Classic Roethlisberger, leak a story to the national media.

Ben may be a drama queen, but when it comes being passive-aggressive he's the king.

He won't come out and say it in public, but wants to put some heat on the front office, so he gives someone in the national media, meaning someone less likely to to be influenced by the Rooneys, a story to write. Now it's out there, but he can still play the whole "That's not my decision to make" person who knows his place role.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Is he willing to take a pay cut so such a signing can be possible???

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    For those who want to retain certain UFA good luck. Ben will suck every penny like a vampire drains blood.

I would rather the front office have the balls and release him out right and work with Rudolph and let the chips fall where they may. So what if we have a few down seasons this will propel a higher draft status and get us the next franchise QB. Plus Rudolph is a UFA after the 2021 season and how the hell are they going to find out if he can take the reins with a beat up whiny Ben coming back?

I can see trouble brewing already, but great, another 8-8 season will solidify Ol Popcorns regular season legacy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The biggest problem with Ben now is age. His knees and arms have been trough hell. Can't help watching Josh Allen with the Bills, he reminds me of a young Ben R. I'll take a QB like him all day long instead of a Lamar type QB. Josh can run when he has to, moves in the pocket decent, has a strong arm, and a tough hard nose QB. Similar to a young Ben R.

The QB from the Florida Gators, Kyle Trask is a similar type of QB, I'll would be ok with taking him 1st in the draft. After that then all lineman.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Regardless if Ben is here or not, they should resign JuJu if it’s an affordable contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ben can just f off at this point.. honestly tired of the drama that surrounds him

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Not sold on Trask. His bowl game was simply atrocious.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Would rather have Mason as the starter?

19. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Ben's living in fantasy world. FO can't afford JuJu and he's not going to accept a hometown discount.

20. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    East Side Kid still waiting for us to turn on a dime!

21. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    It should be football 101 that a QB coming off major surgery should not be throwing the ball sometimes 50 plus times a game. Figuring out this running game should have been a top priority during the season, knowing at some point it was gonna come back and bite us. They should have picked a healthy back [snell] and handed the ball off 20 times to him! Too many gadgets,to many backs in and out of the line up and too many excuses. Man up and beat the guy in front of you.

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This^

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Suck it Ben!! It is time for the Pittsburgh Steelers to start anew.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Agree but two things we can count on in life, death and that ain't happening. Although it's the right thing to do.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If Ben wants to campaign for a certain player, he should be campaigning for a running back who can break tackles and drag defenders into the end zone. That would be more valuable to this team than JuJu right now.