1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada new OC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Jan 16, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Can’t wait for him to get fired when we lose 45-56 in the first round lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Understood, but every system is not fit for every QB. This year we saw Ben trying to be Tom Bradyesque, which worked (and works) with the right balance, but nothing will work if Ben has to (or wants to) stand in the shot gun and throw 83% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Here is hoping that Matt Canada will have the full controls of the Offense. Need to have some balance within the Offense to win games. That said, rebuilding that Offensive Line is critical.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Schottenheimer, Kafka, Hamilton, Caldwell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Thanks for taking the time. Are you happy with this pick? Maybe he was held back?

6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Maybe, but it could be just the opposite. The team had some early success running some of Canada's sets, then nearly abandoned them. I honestly do not think they had the line or talent to run his scheme, but nothing suggests to this point Ben was on board or close to Canada. Maybe he was in on this hire, or just the opposite...management said this is our guy, period.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I agree. I actually don't see how his offense fits with Ben. Ben of 5-10 years ago, definitely. Now, not so much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm wait and see. If Ben goes along with Canada's offense, then Ill be exited. If Ben calls whatever he wants, then it'll be more of the same. It'll be dependent of Tomlin really. If Mason was the QB next season, I'd be more excited.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Wow, nobody saw this coming.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The last dump I took was more creative than Fichtner.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Something like this doesn't interest the local media as much as Ben crying after the Browns game or JuJu dancing on other team's logos.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    This hire surprises no one, deep down we all knew who it would be...... Someone needs to make a pole asking who is for and who is against this hire lol ................Now the ? becomes which assistant to the assistant are the Roonies gonna promote to offensive line coach :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It's like Finchtner was playing Madden and every play he would hit the Ask Madden button.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    I just saw your clip on his background. Does he like a Bell cow feature back which os becoming more the exception than the rule? Just want to see more balance to get the play action going.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Danny Smith new O-line coach.

16. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I hope you are right!!!! I really do.

17. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Where do you think Randy got his inspiration? Watching most of his play selections this year was like watching the Amish spread manure over the fields here in Lancaster county. Interesting side note, they use jackasses to pull the wagons. Further proof where Randy go his offence.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    "Like a fart in a skillet"

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm don't object to the hire and I wonder if this might push Ben to retire/be released? They can't roll out this dink and dunk crap anymore. This finesse crap. The O Line needs to get back to being physical, need a strong North and South young gun in the draft, utilize play action, work from under center more then 10% if that. I don't feel this is Ben anymore. He is afraid to get hit and is not the young Ben shedding linebackers and making the play.

Canada had to get some reassurance that he can implement his style offense. We will see.

20. WoodleyKick

WoodleyKick Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    "The Steelers were the first NFL stop for Canada. His unique offense is built around pre-snap motion and jet sweeps...."

21. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I mostly agree with those. I think they went with familiarity so Ben doesn’t have to learn a new offense for 1 season.

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm tired of doing what Ben wants. Cut his ass loose already. Even if we have a losing season with Mason we're not winning anything with Ben so what difference does it make?

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Yeah. This is where I am confused. I don't expect bloody broken nose Ben but he publicly stated he is not allowed to call plays for the QB sneak?

I know they need him not to take risks but I dont remember a QB getting killed trying to get a foot.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think people saying Ben is still in control don’t know enough about Canada. He’s a bit of a hard ass and they moved away from the plays he was injecting into the offense probably because Ben didn’t like it.

This actually may signal Ben isn’t coming back but if he does stay, I don’t think you will see Ben throwing 60 times a game.

Also, for people saying they didn’t do their due diligence, I’m fairly certain Canada was hired last year for this purpose.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not sure about this.

• Agree Agree x 1