1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Jan 14, 2021.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ron Mexico would be a better OC.

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I say this with all Honesty ..I would take any OC in our Conference over RF .. Heck the NFL is becoming HS ball from the 80's and 90's , it might not be a bad ideal to find a guy who was a OC in that era he has the future playbooks of the NFL in a box in the basement ...It is why the statue QB is all but a thing of the past ..Look at the 8 teams left only 2 of them have non mobile QB'S and both of those Teams use their BU QB'S in situational Football ..The QB doesn't have to run he has to be a threat to run if not your playing 10 on 11 and giving a huge advantage to the Defense...

The best thing the Steelers could have done is started Dobbs and showed that package that would have at least set the tone that we intended on running the ball and you best have a plan for it..Instead we blinked and they got pumped up knowing they could stop the dink and dunk and that Ben would be in the gun they had all kinds of tape on that ...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bring munchak in as OC. He could also coach the O line. Butler does double duty. Munch was the assistant running game coordinator his last two years here. He and Canada could work together.:cool:

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

He went back to Denver to be with the family, he isn't going anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Ben will eat Canada alive and Matt won't have get any backing from his boss. This is a waste of a hiring opportunity without a top down change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Saying a third string QB that was lucky to dress 1 game this year would have been the key our game planning strategy and winning is saying something right there. What is it that you know about him that no one in the entire Steelers organization doesn't know (or other teams that got rid of him)? I am not saying he is terrible, just not very good. Mason showed he is ions beyond Dobbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Mason is better than Dobbs as well, but Dobbs could have helped the running game and saved that bad snap because he would have been under center ...I think by not dressing him at least allowed the Browns to feel real comfortable to start the game... I think Conner would have had a big day had we set the tone....

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Dobbs would have saved that bad snap? Are you saying Dobbs would have started the game at QB?

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Seriously this obsession with Munchak is starting to get weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes a great OC who knew the OL not great who knew the other Team knew your playbook and route tree a Team always talking about fixing the run ,playing a Team that couldn't practice who had major problems stopping the Ravens running QB offense...Dobbs has has 2 seasons playing Lamar Jackson in practice 2 games a year...We had a real weapon and never used it....2 runners greater than 1 ...2 runners has a real chance to open up better hole for RB..

Again look at the Teams left all of them use running QB packages even the 2 Teams with statue QB'S will use bu's to employ the package..Last week the Browns had 2 CB'S out so they had to insert a extra DB so you force their hand and start with your best running set and yes that set meant Ben on the Bench to start the game ..Ben is always terrible to start anyawy so might as well attack.....Again I think Conners could have ran all over them and we had some proof ..We had a 4.3 YPC against them the week before using the Dobbs package and we decide a 4.3 YPC is not good enough to add to and try it again ? 2 things I would have threw the shovel passes out and the other added the Deep Ball off PA ...

Our OC was terrible not that the Dobbs package wouldn't work.. It did work it took us from a 3.0 YPC to a 4.3 so this proves to me it should have been used much earlier in the season and more often...