1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulletin board material my ass

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Browns just hate the Steelers, naturally, since we’ve owned them for decades.

Sammy Watkins said this is amazing in regards to the Browns throttling the Steelers and someone commented, looks like you have some competition next week and Sammy said “I wouldn’t go that far”.

Bakers response?

“I have no problem with it to be honest with you, because if you don’t have confidence, you’re not going to have success,” Mayfield said. “And those guys have been doing it together for a few years now. They have a ton of confidence in each other and so people get mad when you put it out there, you put it up for bulletin-board material, but I don’t have a problem with it.”

They’re full of ****.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    WE will continue 2 own them, right now they ,and the Ravens are not paying real Qb money....oh but when they do...they won't be able 2 put teams like they have together now. We've seen it be4. With Flacco, & Dalton....people thought they were good till they got paid and couldn't keep team around them

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    So did Ben not get real QB money? Like it or not Ravens on the verge of advancing to the AFC Championship (hopefully not) so I would pump the brakes on predicting anybody's demise. Reminder we just got trounced by the frickin Browns.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't say anything about Ben.....So... I'm confused ...your saying?

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Winning teams don't necessarily need bulletin board material to be successful but when opposing teams offer it up you can be sure that they try and use it to their advantage. Disadvantaged teams, which I think the Browns were will use it as motivation more so. For instance, calling an entire team Nameless Gray Faces certainly gives that team extra motivation. It's hard for me to believe otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Didn't motivate Cleveland to prepare harder for a playoff game, maybe gave them some trashtalk material, though.

What it does illuminate, though, is the attitude of the Steelers. They thought that since they hung with the Browns while resting starters, this would be a piece of cake. They got caught flat-footed in all phases of the game, just like they did against the Jags.

It's literally a given in every game where they're heavily favored now. They just are lost in that spot.

7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And that's a reflection of the Head Coach...Not a redeeming trait! You would think after all the failures of underdogs beating him, He would learn!

• Agree Agree x 1