1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu, Jr.?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Junebug, Jan 11, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I do have some concerns about him lately, he seems to be trying to get his name out there to build his brand, he was the one filming JuJu dancing on logo's and he said JuJu has been teaching him how to build his brand.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If they need bulletin board material to play harder in their first playoff appearance in 18 years they are in serious trouble.

They better hope KC gives them some extra motivation.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I posted that video further up in this thread, makes me think it’s even less of a big deal.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    There's no need to say what he said, they beat you two weeks in a row, lose with class. A rookie who has accomplished nothing, shouldn't be talking trash.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I don’t want to spoil anything for you if you haven’t seen it, but there was a Browns Steelers game played last November you should check out

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s overblown, the way he said it, come on.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    He is not a talking head. He is an NFL football player that happens to play for a team that just got their asses handed to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    I haven't seen it but read about it on yahoo ,so far i cannot confirm it.
    I turned the game off but if it's true let him walk

9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He started to do a little one second dance on the field right before the snap when it was 48-29.. he's a loser

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Browns bench was taunting him and he did a very short dance on the field as a FU.

To be fair to him he went for 150+ yards and a TD in the game. Juju is not the reason we lost. He did not snap the ball way over Bens head and didn’t throw four interceptions. If we are looking for scapegoats he should be a long way down the list quite honestly. He is a fierce competitor that has played well all season in a poor offence that doesn’t play to his strengths.

His ill advised comments last week appear to have irked the Browns and that is a fair criticism of him. I think MT should warn all of his players in future to be more careful about what they are saying in the media, journalists are watching everything and will spin anything you say in to a story. It’s not hard to keep it respectful and factual when discussing opponents, don’t give the media what they want. Claypool looks completely foolish after his comments Monday as well, just STFU, you lost. What does anybody gain from going on TikTok mouthing off about division opponents, nothing!

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    T
    Well I'm glad he gave a big FU to the browns by dancing instead of the scoreboard like the browns did to him.. juju def won this round.. fn joke

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Oh I agree. I think he is going to be gone but if he’s staying he needs to cut this crap out. The whole organisation just looks foolish right now. Juju did play great however, like I said this loss absolutely was not on him. I don’t think he could have done any more on the field.

I do think the Browns went a little OTT with the trolling, the Steelers are clearly living in their heads. This could go two ways for the Browns, this relative success goes to their heads and they are back to mediocre next season, or they use it as a platform to kick on. I think Stefanski is a proper coach and they are in a good place going forward. I fear that we will be battling the Browns for third place next year, although you just never know.

13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    What makes you think they don't get these opinions and feelings from Tomlin? Maybe he's not keeping it respectable when discussing opponents. JuJu referred to the Ravens as a JV team after they almost lost to them a few weeks ago. Whose term is that?

The Steelers don't all individually overlook teams they should kill, that attitude comes from the top. Remember, Tomlin is responsible for the team culture. That's what we always hear when things are going well, anyway.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    See Maddog78's response. Dead on...

15. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Fair point.

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What was the name of the Frank Zappa song? Dancin’ Fool.

for guys who are so wrapped up in the public image and brand, they sure know how to give a bad look.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Fat ass Madden had to give his stupid take :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

He signed with Jordan. He's building that brand alright. Mike is helping him too.

19. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Young man "Tis Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abe Lincoln or Mark Twain both get credit.
    JuJu and Chase are on the slippery Antonio Brown slope.

20. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Chase Claypool Continues Whining About Browns,

Calls Them Classless

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver doubled down on his comments about the Cleveland Browns in an interview with DAZN, calling them classless in how they won the game.

• In an interview with DAZN, Pittsburgh Steelers Chase Claypool stood by comments he made afteir loss to the Cleveland Browns, saying that the Kansas City Chiefs would beat them,, which made everything okay. He further doubled down, saying it was because the Browns were classless for what they said to teammate Juju Smith-Schuster during and after the game.

What Claypool seems to leave out is the fact that all of this started when Smith dismissed the Browns as an opponent and he was glad to be playing them.

"Nah, I think they're still the same Browns that I've played every year. I think they're nameless gray faces. They have a couple of good players on their team. But at the end of the day … the Browns are the Browns. It's AFC North football. They're a good team. I'm just happy we're playing them again."

The Browns didn't need added motivation to win the game. It was the playoffs after all, but they certainly didn't hesitate to grab onto the "Browns is the Browns" tagline, even mentioning it on the sideline during the game.

Is it possible that Browns players took it too far? Sure, but this comes off more as whining than anything else. Smith has been a provocateur of sorts this season and his own team asked him to stop engaging in some of the shenanigans that fired up opposing teams such as dancing on their logos for TikTok videos.

The Browns would certainly contest, rightly, that Smith did not respect the Browns and they were standing up for themselves as they won the game.

Claypool will be back with the Steelers next year but Smith is unlikely to be as the team faces the reality of a significant rebuild.

Sure, Clayool can say he was standing up for a teammate, as one does, by going on a livestream and picking the team's next opponent, then calling them classless days later. Really, it just seems like someone whining because they lost a playoff game and when that happens, it's easy to point to something like this and point to it rather than accept it and move on to the offseason.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Claypool needs to learn this, he's starting to become unlikeable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t ever want you guys in my foxhole. Browns are trashing JuJu and you have a problem with Claypool sticking up for him. Of course he is.

I’ve seen the Bills mocking JuJu, too.

JuJu elaborated further on his comments:

"I don't regret saying what I said," he said in a postgame Zoom call. "I said the Browns is the Browns. They came out and played a hell of a game. There's been games where you lose some, you win some, and today wasn't our night. Hopefully, the same Browns show up against the next opponent, and they go out there and do the same thing they did tonight and have a hell of a game."

JuJu and Claypool are both high character guys. Fandom is taking a weird turn. Screw the Browns and screw the Bills.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  23. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    “Today wasn’t our night.”

(Well, it was in Australia.)

24. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    [​IMG]

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe we can get some alter boys to live up to your standards.

• Disagree Disagree x 1