1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Now that I've calmed down.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Maybe this was the best thing that could've happened... Seriously, I think we all realize now that, that 11-0 record was a mirage..

Granted, Bush and Dupree were big losses...But Bush was gone early and I believe Bud was week 8 or 9...

Been a steady, downhill trainwreck since...1st and foremost TOMLIN...Same ole Mike, unprepared, stays the course,nothing changes, players run their mouths more than they do on the field...Still NO clue on clock management TO's , and when to go or not to go for it!

OL... HORRIFIC! Ben= Toast ( no one in the wings ) that's just imo...RB's= stink WR's = Ehhhh a bunch of average/ slightly better than average * sans Claypool ( who seems like a Diva already ) TE's * See OL and RB...DL, old and over-rated...LB's...Some good and great ones, and also bad ones...Get a pass because of injuries! DB's= Stink...Tackle like girls and a bunch of Pussies!
    Special teams= Stink... Assistant Coaches= stink, stank stunk...

There you have it...Smoke and Mirrors, This team NEEDED a slap in the face, and they sure as hell got one...

This team isn't CLOSE... There's not just " Hey, if we just fix this / that, we good....Nah, This team has many, multiple,glaring flaws...

As one analyst put it..." The worst 11-0 team in History " !

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If that is calmed down mode then perhaps you should take another Xanax.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Nah lol....Just putting things in MY perspective...The point I was trying to make was...and quoting the great Chuck Noll " We have problems and they are many )

Point being ( and the salary cap thing is a major reason )

We're much closer to really sucking , than being really good!

4. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I don't think the 11-0 stretch was luck, I think we were legitimately that good. We just had injuries start stacking up (and I'm assuming Ben's body started to break down too).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Worst loss I’ve experience but definitely not surprised. I felt uneasy going in.

We’ve always been on the other side of these and it seems lately it’s evening out.

6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yes we were legit and yes injuries do mount up but come playoff time that’s where the coaching starts making the difference. We need like 22 damn first rounders to be competitive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    "You are never as bad as they say you are. You are never as good as you think you are."

Bill Cowher

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    "One" analyst? I've heard that over and over from lots of talking heads.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The 11-0 stretch was legitimate. This was a damn good team.

Injuries started to mount and Ben's body fell apart at the worst possible time.

When adversity strikes, coaching needs to pull you through. Tomlin has failed miserably in this department year after year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben's rapid decline plus key injuries on defense doomed the season. In retrospect, after calming down, it shouldn't have been a huge surprise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know many have cited the early bye week. While a bye week does offer some advantage, I don't feel it can be used as an excuse. However, along the discussion of a bye week, we really did not have one. The team was preparing to face the Titans early on and were practicing for that game. The game was delayed, then finally postponed to the scheduled bye week with a juggle of the schedule to accommodate the Titans game. So with that said, the Steelers prepped for a game that was delayed, then rolled into prepping for another team, then going back to facing the Titans. So technically, there was no bye week as the team practiced with minimal days off. Yes, they still had a break from game hits that weekend, but still had not time to sit back, reboot and refresh. Still no excuse for the eventual collapse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Time to move on...

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hard to argue with any of this.

15. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    So what changed in a week? The prior week was effectively a playoff game for the browns and they barely won with us sitting guys, and playing others less. Yet, a week later, we fold like a cheap suit (i do not think they did anything much different or better).

What bugs/bugged me all year is any time things were going poorly all facial expressions seemed to be in 'oh well' mode. Not pissed or upset or focused or determined, just 'oh well'. I don't mean they should be fighting amongst themselves, but playing like crap should make them a bit upset with the situation and they should show some sort of effort to do better. Never saw it.

Just going back 2 days, blown snap, followed by stupid pick and is Ben on the sidelines looking to see what went wrong? or at least visibly bothered? or working with others on the sideline? No. They show him with the coat on looking very much like he's ambivalent about what's going on. Shots of the sideline in general don't show much difference either. That bothers me a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    They were good enough to be 11-0, but the weaknesses were glaring and those weaknesses overtook them injuries or not. The team was always pass happy, but in the last 6 weeks or so the O was throwing 83% of the time. The D was on the field for over 60 snaps per game, in a 16 week season that takes a toll. Plus in that last stretch we gave up way to many points and yardage in turnovers.

17. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    3 games in 13 days took a toll on us...

18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Calmed down you could probably storm a capital building...……. I'd hate to see you truly pissed off

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    No excuse for a season collapse from that lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, you missed Pouncey's reaction after the bad snap. He looked like he couldn't decide between wanting to break **** or cry.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well that didn’t happen.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hate the narrative that players don’t care. Ben, Pouncey and JuJu sure looked like they cared after the game.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    LMAO

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

:facepalm: Maybe he would just take the high road, burn down some cities and loot businesses. You know, Peacefully protest.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That triggered you? :facepalm:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1