1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Our defensive captain.. Casper Heyward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 11, 2021.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I like him as a person but this player is the biggest letdown for me. Yes, Ben wasn't perfect. Pouncey has been horrible for years. DJ couldn't catch covid in the Browns locker room. We had a lot of injuries. Tomlin couldn't X and O his way to a tic tac toe victory.

This dude was out of shape again!! It was the Jags playoff game all over again. I thought he learned his lesson last time but nope! Tomlin gives him the week off to prevent injury and he obviously does 0 conditioning. He has 2 tackles in his last 2 playoff games... That's it! Going up against some practice squad players last night. He's 1-5 in the playoffs.

Everybody gets on Juju but Cam can go on Twitter crying for pro bowl votes and about his Madden rating and not a peep. Watch tonight he will be celebrating OSU potential National Championship day after getting bounced in the playoffs to the Browns practice squad. He has all the makings for a great captain off the field but cant show up when it matters.

This is who shut our defensive captain down all game?

I hope they trade him. Great guy but average player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    None of the defense showed up. They got their ass handed to them.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It’s not like the talent just disappears...

gameplanning can go a long way. I saw a bit of mismatches and exploits against our over aggressiveness.

4. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Wow. Even the greatest players have off days. Heyward has been a great player for the Steelers, sorry he doesn't deserve this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No I think he does. The way the defense has changed over the years ... more is expected for our DE's.

Tuitt and Heyward were no shows....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's hard to blame the defense when they are put in horrible situations, short field, and on the field a lot. I agree they didn't play well. But I think this game was lost where the Jags game was. Browns were running all over them. You can't stop the run it's going to be a long day. Our "all pro" d-line was going up against practice squad players playing first career games with 0 practice and got no push and dominated. That's where the game was lost imo.

He's looked out of shape in last 2 playoff games. He has 2 tackles in those 2 games. He's 1-5 in playoffs. He deserves it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Heyward is overrated. He's good for most of the regular season, but disappears in playoff games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Watt didn’t do squat. Mink nothing. Tuitt nada. Almost like opposing teams are game planning or something lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly we get out Coached every playoff game ..This year we been out Coached since week 11 .. Team should have used Dobbs I would have started him and run zone read from under Center give , then zone read keep , then either Blast to RB or Blast Boot keep depending on yards needed.. See how they intended to deal with that set and at least we don't give them 7 on a bad snap and it sets the tone we intend to run the FB today...

10. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I know come playoff time I always think how are these teams doing this? How are they tricking us??

It’s just called coaching unfortunately the Steelers don’t do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    He's looked out of shape in last 2 playoff games. He has 2 tackles in those 2 games. THE STEELERS are 1-5 in the playoffs. He deserves it.[/QUOTE] Had to fix that for ya.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Where was this game lost in your opinion?

13. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Game planning...what is that? Must be a foreign concept I am not familiar with as a Steelers fan!:hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Lets be real. Heyward couldn't win against some guy playing his 1st professional game with 0 practice. They practiced on zoom. We lost to the Zoom All Stars. What type of game planning is going to get Casper to win his match-up?

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have never thought he was very good at the run. Only on passing downs. I still like him, but...well just my thoughts.

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Well, Tomlin called all the Defensive plays...Take that for what it's worth!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Let's see, we have guys who grade out as elite/ all-pro caliber players, but on the biggest stage, disappear.... could it be...THE COACHING STAFF???!!???? DUH DUH DUH!!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Alleyboyz2121

Alleyboyz2121 Active Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Yes he does he never show up in big games they have him ranked like Aaron Donald what do u think Aaron would’ve done to him

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    40+ points allowed back to back playoff games at home. Something has to change

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The Steeler defense was out muscled all night. The were also out coached. All game they were running on the opposite side of Watt, off tackle and between our tackle and outside linebacker. They just pushed our linebacker out of the way and the running back had huge holes. This happen even with Highsmith in the game and just got worse after he was gone.

We never adjusted until the late 3rd quarter. On top of that we had the worst tackling effort by Edmonds, who was just terrible. On top of that we had Spillane and Fieller who showed there were clearly not ready to come off IR and go right into the playoffs. Everybody knows that It take Ben at least a half to get back into the grove when he has a week off. This has been going on for years and everybody knows that except Tomlin. Everybody who was off the week before played terrible. Ben, Pouncey, Heyward, Watt, Edmonds. Spillane, Fieller.

Sorry, a lot of this is on the players but the coaches also have a lot to blame. This has gone on too long and if your satisfied with not have a loosing season so be it. But if you want better things to happen in playoff games some heads have to roll.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I want a nasty run game and run defense. New coaches too

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It all starts with the d-line. We couldn't stop the run in either game. All this money on the d-line and they think they are all pro talent then dominate and stop the run. Against the Browns our secondary wasn't horrible and we were missing our #1 corner.

That's why I'm calling out Heyward. He's the defensive captain and on the d-line. Both games were lost in not being able to stop the run. He has 2 tackles in 2 playoff games. He needs to be called out. Ben wasn't perfect but threw for 500 yards and 4 tds. Who else can we really blame for this loss?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There is a sh!tload of cap money tied up in Heyward and Tuitt. Steelers are not getting their money's worth, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers implode in the playoffs. Opposing teams don’t even need to try lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Next season.. Tuitt is 2nd highest paid and Heyward 5th. 2022.. Tuitt 1st and Heyward 2nd. They can't stop the run or dominate Zoom All Stars. What is their job exactly??? These two post season losers take all the blame imo. Horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1