1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rank the collapses of the Mike Tomlin era

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Jan 11, 2021.

1. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Its time to dump tomlin.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Cowher 12-9 and tomlin 8-8

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    unnamed.jpg

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers officially cap off arguably the greatest level of underachieving in NFL History in a decade. I had to look back at the amount of assembled talent and ability the team had shortly after the game yesterday to see if I was missing anything. 2019 Really should not count as that season was by far Tomlin's best Coaching Season to date. 2017 and 2020 have the same issues; delaying the inevitable.

Like Ryan Shazier, losing both Bush Jr. and Dupree did not help things at all. Add the fact that the team has been unable to run the football since 2017 and the writing was on the wall come playoff time. I know this is going to sound comical but being matched up against Cleveland was possibly the worst matchup to have as they can easily control the clock. Having five turnovers all but ensured a loss.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    What bugs the hell out of me is how can this team be so inept and outcoached so many times yet Tomlin still not have a losing regular season in his career? It just doesn't line up. You would think this lack of preparedness would reflect itself during the regular season record statistically. And as luck would have it, he finds himself at an organization that very much tolerates this with no repercussions. He's the best and worst thing to happen to this franchise. Lucky us.

6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Cowher QBs: O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart, Graham the first 12 years of his coaching career

Tomlin: Hall of Fame QB his first 12 years of his coaching career.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If Big Ben is out next year, he will have his first next year.

8. Alleyboyz2121

Alleyboyz2121 Active Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Man stop blaming Tomlin he bad but the players are the one to blame just as much as Tomlin he didn’t throw 4 int or snap the ball over Ben head so just get over the dumb crap

9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Stop being delusional. He is a terrible coach. Never fixes ****.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Alleyboyz2121

Alleyboyz2121 Active Member

Jan 11, 2021
    I know he not a great coach but u can’t put all the blame on him be serious

11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers have won 3 playoff games in the last 11 seasons. Common denominator is Mike Tomlin's inability to have his teams prepared to play games that matter.

Losing to ****ty QBs. Defensive players constantly in bad positions. ****ty development of players. Ever wonder why the Steelers all of a sudden started getting so many busts in the draft? He is terrible at fixing deficiencies.

Ben has 2 batted balls every ****ing game. Still hasn't helped there. He is a god damn coach, help him fix it by opening up passing lanes better.

Terrible game management. 90% of his decisions never work. Not one ****ing 2 point conversion when it matters.

He is NOT a good coach. He just isn't. I've seen every game he has coached, he is average at best. Steelers have had more than a large sample size of Tomlin, its time to shop him around and go get some new blood. Someone who can adjust to game plans week to week not standard is the standard horse****. The standard has been losing the last decade when they should have won a couple super bowls with the talent they have had.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    For me, the Tebow loss and Jags loss were worse collapses than this year.

A lot of folks were suggesting we weren’t really an 11-0 team, we were getting lucky, we had an easy schedule etc. Those folks shouldn’t be shocked that it ended how it did.

Disappointed - hugely. Surprised - not really, given the games from Dallas onwards.

13. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I would take 2019 off the list for the sole reason there was no excuse for them to be 8-5 with Duck Hodges and a concussed Rudolph.

14. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Tomlin is not good for this team regardless of what his records are. He is not motivational to the team or the fans. Gives on sentence answer, does not know how to handle members of the team, AB situation got way out of hand along with Bell, Harrison and now we have JuJu who is still on social media bashing teams “ the Browns are the Browns and always will be”. They came in pissed off and kick our ass. He was supposed to talk to JuJu about that kind of behavior. We all see how that went. We are the only team that only has one cheerleader and that is him. He has embarrassed the Steelers franchise and the Steelers nation. Shame on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The Steelers were favored in their last 3 games.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Season was over in week 2........everything else was gravy.

17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I have a hard time putting Bell on Tomlin. Tomlin has nothing to do with contracts.

Also, I think it's still unclear who signed/wanted Harrison.

18. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You almost used to get 4 wins automatically from Bengals/Browns.
    Now that’s in jeopardy.

19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Here is the thing.......people want the Steelers to rebuild the roster AND they want Tomlin on the hot seat next year......you can't have it both ways.

Either you are going to rebuild the team and go through a couple of losing years while you turn the roster over OR you are going to expect a championship next year and double down by kicking the can down the road again on vet contracts.

• Agree Agree x 1