1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Heads need to roll...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I don’t really care what he says to the media, what’s important is what he says to the Rooney’s and what they say to him behind closed doors.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Absolutely and like I said if his seat isn’t turned up to 5 billion degrees after this loss and his job isn’t threatened going into next season then Art Rooney is completely clueless and will never part ways.

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    i think as fans though we need to take a step back and analyze what the expectations are for next year. You have an old team and they are 22 million over the cap and that doesn’t count the unrestricted free agents.

I think they are entering that 2 to 3 year period that Cowher had where they are going to have those losing seasons while this team rebuilds. Expectations should be low for next year.

As much as people like to lay the blame on Tomlin for everything, the cap isn’t on him....and frankly some star vets that stay beyond their usefulness might not be on him either as we learned with the Troy situation

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #7 threw four freaking interceptions. You don’t have to look any farther than that.

5. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Our season was summed up in the lack of effort to recover the garbage first snap. I don’t even know why Ben even ran to the ball. Made no effort to recover it or stop defenders. He looked like our DB’s trying to make a tackle.

6. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A few short years ago Harbaugh was on the hot seat. The talks were he was gone as Flacco was nose diving and they were struggling to win. Then the kid they drafted that no one thought could play in the NFL came in and turned everything around down the stretch. Saved the coach, sent the overpaid SB champ QB packing and started a whole new brand of football for the organization.
    So why should Tomlin not be on the hot seat?

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The entire team wasn't ready from the start. The gameplan was the same hot garbage we've seen for months. They only started moving the ball when they went off script and let Ben call the plays. The Steelers were flat and uninspired, the Browns were fired up and on point.

Turnovers are often a symptom, not a cause.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    We could have drafted that kid, too, but Tomlin chose his hometown favorite, Terrell Edmunds.

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You mean like the Ravens JV team?

10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The GM and his scouts have just as much say in who they draft as Tomlin, some suspect more.

also 31 teams passed in him....

11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Most of the Ravens starting defense played in that game.

12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

The game plan is thrown out the window when you go down 28-0 in the first quarter. The browns play soft for the second and a bunch of yahoos praise Ben. Ben is the problem. If not the entire problem the vast majority. You aren’t winning any games giving away the ball 5 times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    It’s not suspect. That’s the general manager’s job. Build the team. The coach has input, but it’s the general manager’s job. There’s one coach in the nfl that plays both roles.

14. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    The game plan led to 28-0. You've got the wrong end of the stick. They have one opening drive TD in the last two seasons.

Their plan always fails. What do they do all week?

15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Ah, here we go with the classic Tomlin defense.

"Defense stinks"

"Blame the DC"

"Offense stinks"

"Blame the OC"

"Talent stinks"

"Blame the GM"

"So what does Tomlin do exactly?"

"He just wins."

Tomlin is a cheerleading passenger, I guess, right?

16. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Tomlin is not blameless for that loss. The final product on that field is squarely on his shoulders.

the fact we have aging, underperforming vets and little depth behind them, and in cap hell is on the GM and scouts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Browns playing with a crippled secondary and offensive line. How do the Steelers attack? With a horizontal offense and no blitzing to overload areas of weakness on the OL.

"Line up and beat your man"

That's about all this simpleton of a coach can come up with.

18. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    They were blitzing in the 2nd half, a lot. The Browns pulled a Steelers and got rid of the ball as quick as Ben does.

there were points in that game that Watt was the only LB on the field that wasn’t on the practice squad 2 weeks ago.

19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yet everyone picked the Steelers to win because we had everything in our favor for the most part and we completed the Tomlinization of our season with a crash and burn disaster. There are no valid excuses. See a lot of ready made one's but that doesn't hold water and we're no different than other teams with personnel. Well, at least 12 of them.

20. WoodleyKick

WoodleyKick Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    For those that are old enough, I actually had the Benny Hill theme in my head. :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    we could have drafted that QB. But instead we took who? I won't even type his name.

22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Love Benny Hll!! I'm older than you :)

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This x 1,000. I couldn't agree more.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    These next few years are going to be a return to the mid 80's with some losing seasons. Steelers need to be drafting in the top 10 anyway. Watt will be the only free agent they will be able to keep and he won't be cheap. JuJu, Dupree, Haden, Conner will be gone in March. Pouncey, Roethlisberger and Heyward should retire. I don't see the Steelers competing with any team in the division... Browns, Bengals and Ravens will all be light years better than the Steelers for the next few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The GM and scouts must have a thing for Maryland players, since Pittsburgh is the only team that drafts them and Tomlin's son happens to play there. Virginia players no one has ever heard of too, I suspect.