1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Heads need to roll...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 10, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    And I seriously would throw Tomlin into that conversation as well. This was a disgrace tonight. Plus, it’s another one and done playoff collapse which is the 2nd one in the last 4 years and giving up 40 plus points at home you’re last two playoff games. Art Rooney has to look at making coaching changes and shame on him if he doesn’t. Status quo is unacceptable after this debacle.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Another wasted season ...1 & done courtesy of the lowly Cleveland Browns

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    15F8DD38-8BF4-4315-B56F-84371783E479.jpeg

lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin needs to go. There is no excuse to have this team so unprepared for a playoff game. There is no way he could win another Championship anywhere. College coaches would even eat him up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    With an impending QB change, now would be the time to bring in a new coach with a new direction

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The defense is clueless against five wide sets and Cleveland just used Buffalo bills game film to pick us apart. Tackling was horrible tonight but it was not like we were doing anything anyway this year. We weee not a 11-0 team. Just had easy schedule. Glad we made playoffs but no one ever thought we were a super bowl contender.
    I would ditch Big Ben and cut Conner Juju. Dupree. Keep TJ and trade for a quarterback.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I hope Ben took another couple football with him into the locker room like he has done in other losses.
    It's about stats for him. Ben didn't want hit and so they got the ball out early and padded his stats and knew we didn't have an OL to run block and an every down back to take the pounding.

We need to get healthy on defense and find teams with early picks who need a couple receivers. We need a couple years off and collect picks and draft early. Honestly, I can watch an underdog team compete. They sure did last week? The rested offensive veterans need to be traded for picks. This is about winning the Super Bowl and not just being in the playoffs. I actually enjoyed watching the Steelers last year more than this year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Well to be fair when you don’t have Bush, Dupree, and then you lose the replacement with Hightower it becomes increasingly difficult to cover all of the WR and TE as well as two pass catching RB. It’s not like guys off the practice squad can just fill those shoes, there is a reason those guys start.

9. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Put more db in when the. Send five wide personnel in. It’s defensive coaching 101

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s time for a full purge. Tomlin needs to go, and then let the new coach start from scratch with a new staff, new QB, and several other new players. We’re in cap hell for 2021 anyway, so just let it go and start over.

11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Then they just run you over with the star running backs as they did when the Steelers went to more defensive backs. The Steelers did not have the depth at this point to counter what the browns have on offense, bottom line.

12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I also think Haden was out but I could be wrong on that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Heads need to roll.

But they won't.

The Standard is the standard. And that standard is regular season wins and endless mediocrity.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    They just asked Tomlin if he should be held accountable for the team continually falling apart at the end of the season.

He actually said "It is what it is. We don't run from that". And then gave a Tomlin look.

LMAO

15. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Start with getting our guys healthy and clean out the old coordinators who cannot make adjustments to the modern game. We obviously miss Munchak as well.
    The biggest problem is that nothing is going to change. So I am going to piss and moan and.........

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I legit would have probably punched him in the face as hard as I can if I was there. It's not cute anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That dude would whip your old ass Ray.

Obviously I’m just messing with you.

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, you're probably right. But I'd get one good shot in. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’d have your back. I’d like to put my foot up his ass.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    You put it exactly right though; It really isn't cute anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    That first quarter, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like that.
    And that first drive, Ben and Conner looking at each other assuming the other had it. We were the Bad News Bears tonight, literally! Can you hear the laughter?

Poor Discipline from coach of the year.

22. 68VWGhia

68VWGhia Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Exactly what I said a few weeks ago. Now is the time for a hc change. Let him come in and pick his qb, regardless of whether or not Ben come back.

23. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  24. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I mean this isn’t just a one time thing with these Mike Tomlin lead teams. This has been going on awhile now where they come out just flat as hell in these playoff games. I don’t expect Tomlin to be fired but I’ll say this much if Art Rooney doesn’t at least tell Tomlin today or whenever they meet. this week if this happens one more year like this where you collapse again next season or miss the playoffs or anything less then a long playoff run next year then come next year this time in January of 2022 you will no longer be coaching this team. You can’t come out if you are Art Rooney and be status quo with Mike Tomlin and this coaching staff after this embarrassment last night.

Coaches right now need fired on this staff currently and if Mike Tomlin isn’t one of them he sure as hell needs to be put on notice and his hot seat should be 5 billion degrees going into 2021 season.

25. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea he had an opportunity there to make himself accountable with that answer and him he said nothing and danced right around it. And I’m sorry after that performance last night to come out and say it is what it is when asked if you should be held accountable is 100 percent completely unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1