1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Season Ending Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Realistically, season fell apart after 11-0. Think we all knew it but just clinging to hope. They pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the Colts game but they were clearly a different team after 11 wins.

Injuries were too much to overcome, rolling out 3rd stringer out there. Bud was the last straw.

Ben should probably retire, let the team start looking for his replacement. He’s been sailing passes high ever since the Dallas game, he is clearly having problem with his knees that doesn’t allow him to step into his throws. At his age and history of being beat up, I have no faith in him going a full season without something else breaking on him.

A lot of people will be calling for Tomlins head and honestly, they probably should, get a new flavor in here but really, the injuries were too much and Ben’s play fell off a cliff. Tomlins playoff record is atrocious though and the buck stops with him. I would do it, shake things up. Fitcher definitely should be gone.

Oh well, time to start looking at the draft. Right @AskQuestionsLater!

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    You got that right my friend!!

In fact, fun fact! Notice how I stopped commenting after the first five mins of the game tonight. Guess what I was doing?!

That is right!! Write ups for my annual Top 32!! Have to wait to see how tomorrow plays out though. Going to be interesting no matter the result!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Fire Randy
    Fire Keith
    Fire Danny

4. SteelersFan1234

SteelersFan1234 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Congratulations to the Browns, Browns came to play and Browns deserved the win, Steelers have alot of work to do in the offseason

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    They have to purge players first. Ben, Pouncey, AV, Ebron, Juju, Bud, Conner at least. Let 2021 go and start working on '22.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Feels like just yesterday me and you were going back and forth about Tomlin, although it was probably 6-8 years ago now. I suspect he'll be back, and I suspect the Steelers are in for a number of very rough years until he does get fired. I don't believe he has the ability to coach up a team, just the opposite actually. We're going to have some serious down years and I believe Tomlin will make things worse, not better.

We need a whole new coaching staff. We need a ton of new players too. This is a team with a ton of holes. This was the year to go all in and a 1st round loss to the Browns is the best we could come up with. That's pathetic

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    The effort in the first half was miserable. The effort in the 3Q was admirable and showed fight. Watching football all day today Vrabel and Tomlin made the same mistake, they blinked. I am sure the analytics of going for it at that time we’re not great but if you make it and score and it becomes a one possession game the psychie of the Browns is melting at that time. The Steelers had all the momentum, the worm was starting to change and you didn’t have enough faith or guts to get 1 yard and extend the momentum. The comeback changed after that decision.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Fire:

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

Perhaps the acquisition of a QB or rather trading up for one might still be within play here?!

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    When I was better known as Tomlin_Era :lolol:

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    We know Tomlin ain't going anywhere. But both coordinators BOTH need replaced at a minimum.

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I seriously wonder if ownership is generally embarrassed or just oh well you can't win em all. I wish we had insight.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This team was done after the Bush and Dupree injuries, Watt disappears now without Bud on the other side. I was just hoping they could win a playoff game or two.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh I remember that name. Don't think I'll ever forget. Right or wrong, Tomlin has been a thorn in my side for a very long time. I've never liked him. I don't even think I liked him in 2010 when we went to the SB, but I definitely hated him in 2011 (that's when we lost to Tebow right?).

Going to be some interesting years coming up though.

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Here come the injury excuses. I wasn't aware Bush and Dupree played on offense.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Vince hasn't looked good since coming back from Covid, and Spillane was hot garbage tonight in his first game back from injury.

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What frustrates me is you have a nice shiny, beautiful revered franchise and you just waste it because you don't want to take chances or whatever.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I tried to warn you guys earlier in the season to stop worrying about facing Kansas City, the Steelers needed to take care of their business first, and they didn't :facepalm:.

20. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    It's pretty clear Art doesn't care.

21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    As long as TOMLIN is here this team will never sniff another SB.

Ben should retire he is washed up and too immobile.

Once Ben is go e TOMLIN will completely be exposed for the fraud most of us know he is.

22. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    it was falling apart before the 11-0 start - The Cowboys win - with another unknown QB tearing it up - was not pretty and the second Ravens win - with about half their team out - was very ugly.

Ben had one decent half of football in 6 games and should have never sat out the last game.....he should have at least played a quarter or half.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Injuries were clearly a problem, after losing Bud it was night and day on defense. How many people on defense do you think they can lose and keep playing at a high level. They had 3rd stringers out there. Injuries don’t matter is bs coach speak.

Oh, and Ben has been playing hurt since Dallas. That was painfully obvious, too.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually Highsmith seems to be the Dupree replacement going forward.

Also when he went down, is when the Browns started running on his replacement.

25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I thought Edmunds took 2 giant steps backwards tonight.