1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If the Steelers lose to the Browns Sunday...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 5, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Very good point. I never looked at it that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    A lot of people are now saying the great Belichick is not so great without Brady. Brady would make any Coach look good. As much as I despise the guy I'd have loved having him the last 5-6 years. I do believe he would have won a SB with the players we have/had. He would have never put up with the BS Tomlin let happen.

JuJu, AB and LB would have had a boot up their ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don Shula said football is all about luck. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.

And Ben is no Brady.

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    This whole thread is BLASPHEMY! Steelers aren’t losing to anyone, hush your mouth!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This argument will live on because it was a monumental failure all around, IMO.
    Who was favored to win this game?
    Who already got their butts kicked by the same team in our house and had game film to make adjustments?
    Who had a HOF QB leading their team and was playing against one that would soon get kicked off of their team?.
    Who had two weeks to rest up and game plan prior to this game?
    Who looked like a completely unprepared gaggle that let a team get up 21 pts in the 1st qtr?
    Who was able to out score this woulda, coulda, shoulds been SB winning teams higher scoring offense to close the gap to 3 points? (indicating we had the talent but the game plan sucked}
    Who let the coordinator that scored 40+ points go but not the coordinator that gave up more?

If you can't see why this argument gets repeated occasionally, then so be it. It lives on until we can do something about erasing that nightmare.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    As the 2nd seed, they were favored.
    But they were playing the 3rd seed, and (based on points scored) Jacksonville had a better offense AND a much better defense.
    Some fans got this fantasy in their heads that the Jags were still bottom feeders that season.
    The Jaguar were not scrubs like you are implying, and it was not a huge upset.

You ignored my point that Bortles had an average game (for that season) against the Steelers.
    It was their offense as a whole that helped beat the Steelers; it wasn't Bortles having a great game at the Steelers expense.
    The fact that Bortles had a good game next week against the Patriots (matching Brady) indicates that his terrible career stats does not reflect how he was playing at that time.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess you forgot that the Steelers HOF QB had 2 early turnovers, that put the team in a 14-0 hole.

8. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    RELAX!! Well be fine we got this!!! LETS ROLL!!:herewego!::herewego::brownssuck::butcher:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    :bowdown:
    Play smart games, win priceless prizes.

10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Jax most certainly didn't have the better offense. They scored 11 more points on the season than the Steelers, sure, but they also had 7 return TDs to the Steelers' 1. Football Outsiders had the Steelers ranked 3rd in offensive DVOA, the Jags 15th. Their defense was ranked 2nd, the Steelers 9th in DVOA. Their defense had 11 more takeaways than the Steelers, which helped their offense score points, too.

The problem with this game is that the Jags kicked the Steelers ass earlier in the year and the Steelers were STILL admittedly looking ahead to the Pats. They lost exactly the same way they lost the earlier matchup: TO's on offense, gashed by the run, not enough spalsh plays against Bortles.

They were a good team, but they had no business losing to them the way they did. IMO, Tomlin should have been dismissed after that, following up the Facebook Live fiasco the year before.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    What about that whippersnapper McDaniels? :lolol:

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It’s probably Toradol. Cheap, widely available , and works in minutes.

13. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    When did this place turn into A Patriots forum?

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Steelers got complacent watching the jags beat the weak Tyrod Taylor led Bills 10-3 in the WC game. The Jags were a speed bump on the way to revenge vs NE. Problem was the Jags were playing Pit, and Pit was plotting revenge against Brady.

God hates the sin of arrogance above all others. This is evidenced by the clever ways He punishes it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    My point is we should have won that game and we didn't. Kind of like the last Bungels game. Hard to forget these failures.

16. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I hate the idea it was all TB and not BB. Brady could see the decline and left to go to TB which is all in for this year. They have a good offensive line a great receiving core and a decent defense. If Brady was or is the GOAT he should be putting up 40 pts every game with the weapons he has.
    Just because Brady is in the playoffs and Bill is not does not prove anything Tampa has way more talent and the Patriots had a number of guys sit out this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    12 hours or so away from kickoff. Anything less then talking about playing the Bills next weekend is unacceptable. I feel pretty good about this game right now. As I stated to begin this thread heads should absolutely roll within this coaching staff if the Steelers don’t win this game tonight.

18. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Dang man! Not Windows 98! :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers lose & we move on to months of get rid of Ben, fire Tomlin then argue about team needs, what qb to take in the first round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    1 game down. Let's get this Saints Bears game over with. This day is taking forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree with you on the covid. Don’t like seeing any teams having to deal with it, especially in the playoffs. However with their head coach and some key players out, Browns will play this game as if they having nothing to lose. That in and of itself is arguably worrisome. GO STEELERS !!

22. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Patience Grasshopper.

• Like Like x 1
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yippie!! We have reached the 4 hours to go mark.

I've changed my mind yet again and have the Ravens coming to the Burgh for AFCCG.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I believe it was eight Patriots who sat out this season, including some key starters like Hightower and Chung on defense.

The Bucs are loaded with weapons on offense, and they did good work in the offseason to solidify what had been a weak offensive line. Evans is a stud No. 1 receiver. Godwin is a very good No. 2 despite his lousy performance yesterday. Gronkowski can still play. Brate is a very solid tight end. Getting Brown and Fournette for nothing has helped. It took a while to get all the pieces to fit, but that offense is going to be tough to stop, and they have arguably the league's best rushing defense. The secondary is a weakness, but what team in the playoffs doesn't have a weak spot?

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I like the Ravens' chances against the Chiefs a lot more than the Steelers against the Bills, but I'm trying not to think too much about all that. I just want to see the Steelers take out the Browns tonight.