1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ronnie Harrison

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Browns starting Safety out Sunday with Covid...Wow

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    So I have not heard any news on this, but at what point does the NFL move the game? I know they want to to go on, but it the players and others continue positive and the facility cannot be opened, what is the timef rame?

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am not sure if the Browns are cursed, or the Steelers are. Everytime there is a Covid outbreak it affects the Steelers. They better not move this MnFing game!:mad:

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I guess moving it to Monday with subsequent game on Sunday could be justified by the league. Basically it would be the league saying “we don’t care about the Steelers”.

My vote would be to reward the Browns with making them forfeit. Thanks for making the playoffs after all this time, now try harder next year.

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    But, Moving if to Monday gets none of those guys back for the Browns

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    League have said all year that they won’t move games for competitive reasons, they’ll only move games if the feel there is an ongoing outbreak that compromises player and coach safety. There is no reason to change that now just because it’s the playoffs. Browns play with whoever is healthy unless there are several more positives between now and Sunday.

Yea they moved games for Tennessee, Baltimore and others but they were having alarming outbreaks and it simply wasn’t safe for either side or their opponents to play in those cases. This Browns outbreak is mild in comparison and is only making headlines because the HC is affected.

7. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    5 starters out for the Browns now.....................................I read a snipit earlier where Vegas has the Steelers scoring more points than any team this weekend,...... Might wana change yalls predictions..;)

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm all for moving this game to 4pm on Sunday but other than that no way should the game be moved. Standby though, they will probably make the game for Wednesday 10am. That way it gives the Stains enough time to be available and just enough time for our next possible match up on Saturday 1 pm, should we win.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wonder if any close contacts will be ruled out tomorrow

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If Baker loses this game...bad...or just loses. Do they pick up 5 year option?? It won't be his 5 , but don't they usually pick it up on the 4th year??

12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    After 2 decades of disastrous QB picks they will definitely keep Baker around awhile.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I think they have to, barring the Jest disaster (not his fault with top 4 wr and others out) he was statistically the 3rd best QB in the league for the last 6 or 7 weeks of the season. I am not advocating that he is something great, just that he has at least been stable for the Browns, that's saying a lot. Question is do they pony up big bucks before that 5th year, or let him play out and make the next step decision on a tag year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The real question will be, what will Progressive Insurance do? :shrug: ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I think Cleveland has to given the 2020 NFL Season's circumstances. Granted, much of the Browns success was far more tied to the likes of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. The rest of it was tied to Baker.

That said, do not be shocked if they do not. All that tells me is that they will likely be in play for a QB in 2021. Plenty to choose from the same. Question is who?!

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Archive those commercials for their big anniversary!!!!

..... whenever that is.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Why would they make it earlier?

18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I was being sarcastic. Just saying it's the only change that I would be interested in. Maybe I should have put that part of the comment in green font.

19. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Interesting take. If they do not pick up the option is the tag still in play (for a 5th year)? If so I could see some reasoning, without specific numbers I would think the tag. vs option would be negligible.(a few million difference?), yes they lose a year, but also do not have to guarantee the money for 2 years (assuming they picked up then tagged the 2nd year).
    Rethinking the option on what you said. It is the Browns so who knows, but the option for a top ten pick is a different measurement than the rest of the first round..fully guaranteed. It is likely cheaper than the tag, but still could save a lot in the short term. If they like what they see next year they can try and resign before the tag.or just use that and resign, or let him walk. They likely have an idea, and why invest heavily in 2 years when one year should show what you have at this point with the weapons and line he has.