1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If the Steelers lose to the Browns Sunday...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 5, 2021.

1. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    We have the Browns' number in our home whether it was Three Rivers or Heinz. They'll be without their head coach, a couple of assistant coaches, and some players.

No reason nor excuse why we cannot beat them this weekend.

However, I do hate to see anybody go through COVID, including people on rival teams.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The crazy thing about life is we in fact can lose, we shouldn’t but we definitely can and maybe will if the football gods want to make us suffer haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    In all due respect, I'm not sure how you could make that speculation. This article even states how Ben has used injections to get thru pain on game days.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14564481/how-nfl-players-play-pain

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn’t mean it as an insult, I wouldn’t blame him. I’m sure he wants to enjoy life after football and not be a cripple.

I heard those injections can be bad, that’s what’s I’m basing the speculation on.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That the Steelers nearly squeaked out a victory Sunday has absolutely nothing to do with what will happen in the playoff game. The Browns were limiting plays for key guys and they were without their best defensive back, Ward, who will likely be back Sunday night.

Garrett will play a lot more on defense. Chubb will get the ball a lot more on offense. Both of those things are big trouble for the Steelers.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You're joking, right? The Patriots were headed for this for a while. Brady jumped ship ahead of the downturn. The secret sauce was the combination of both Brady and Belichick, and even that wouldn't have been enough this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think the NFL uses cortisone anymore. I'm pretty sure it's Toradol these days, which also has side effects but not as bad as cortisone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I dont think I was burying him but ok lol. Merely stating the obvious. BB is not the coach everyone thought he was. He is not a football god. People use to ride his nut sack like he could take any player of any caliber and make them great. Well he cant and he wont.

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If you had the choice of having BB or MT as your head coach for the last few years or next year, who would you choose?

10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Put down the crack pipe. Last 2 seasons 30 other defenses were worse than us. "Yes he has had 2 really good years 19-20 but look at the players they have.".... Congrats might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read here.

Butler took over the defense 5 years ago I think? He took over an aging unit that badly needing an overhaul. The secondary was a disaster and we were weak up the middle. The 3-4 cannot excel without good talent in the middle. (NT, ILB, SS) After bringing in Alualu, Haden and Fitzpatrick we instantly turned around a defense lacking talent. Watt's play making ability made us great. It took a couple years for Butler to rebuild this defense into one of the best in the league. All good units have good players. Let's also not forget the success he had as a LB coach.

If you want to criticize the team for scouting and drafting talent...have at it. Late 1st round draft picks do not equate to instant pro bowlers. That has nothing to do with Butler's coaching of our defense. Our drafting of secondary players has been a disaster for the most part. I'd argue that we are better than most teams drafting but apparently some like you have higher expectations.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    wow People are awfully quick to write off a coach with more rings than anyone. Maybe Brady deserves all the credit but I doubt it. BB had a few years without Brady and did fine. 1 bad season doesn't make BB a fraud. Teams/Coaches occasionally need to rebuild.

He's clearly the best coach in the NFL..he has rings to prove it. Give a great coach a great QB and they'll win SB's. The butt whoopings he has handed Tomlin over the years were laughable. BB has made Tomlin look like a fool in most of the matchups. Brady wasn't the only good QB on the field in those games either. This is why I've been saying Tomlin is an average coach at best. Last 10 years we can't win playoff games with a great QB. He's not TB but he's better than 90% of the QB's that have played in this league the last 20 years. I'm hoping this year is different. Everyone can learn from mistakes. Tomlin now needs to win with a QB that's not playing his best ball so he has had no choice but to change.

If BB is back in the playoffs next season everyone will change their tune real quick. I sure the hell would not bet against him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

MT all day

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    If the Steelers lose to the Browns Sunday... it will be because the Steelers didn't stop the run, and Steeler receivers dropped a bunch of passes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yes I have higher expectations I guess. Jarvis Jones? T.Edmonds? 2 awful 1st rounders that come to mind, Edmonds is a 2nd at best on physical ability alone but we reach. First round picks should be starters and good ones not just average players, I don’t care if they are picking later than most there more than 32 college football players a year that can start and be very good pros. Yes they have done a good job rebuilding a aging defense and because of the 8 first round picks is why Butler is looking so good. He’s avg just like Tomlin the studs we have make him better than he is. Don’t forget they gave up 45 to Blake Bortles, we lose to lesser teams all the time (given it’s usually the offense that does not show up) but if they don’t score they can’t win. Again he’s not the biggest problem but if we lose no one should be safe is what I was saying.

15. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Butler is posting the a top 5 defense back to back years and with no help from the offense. HTF is that average like Tomlin? Tomlin is the HC w/ a HOF QB in in prime since 2010 and basically has 1 or 2 playoff wins to show for it. Butler has actually rebuilt a crap defense into one of the best in the league...and Watt is the only guy on the team that has any chance of a HOF career. Butler doesn't do the drafting. That's on our scouts and the HC. You are absolutely bonkers to think Butler deserves to be fired. It's laughable.

16. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Nick Wright already saying it will be Baker Mayfield signature win. Guy needs to shut it already.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Actually, that's good because these azzhats are wrong more than they are right so here we go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t want the season to end Sunday lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Belichick. This team lacks discipline, attention to detail, and careful game planning. BB would bring all of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    As I said there are others that should go first but if we lose was the question. So if we lose especially now with all the Rona in Cle no one should be safe. In my opinion 75-80% of the DCs in the league can put up top 5 numbers with the talent we have. You can keep calling me crazy all you want but those are my thoughts and from reading here some agree.

• Like Like x 1
  21. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Sorry to vent on you, but I'm tired of hearing that argument.

The Jaguars had a higher scoring offense than the Steelers, and the 2nd best defense in the league.
    They beat the Ravens 44-7, which kept Baltimore out of the playoffs.

In the AFC Championship game, Bortles played better than he did in the Steelers game, and matched/outplayed Brady in Foxboro. They were 2 minutes away from going to the Super Bowl. If their defense didn't play so poorly (botched coverages on several pass plays), they would have won.

Yet somehow the Steelers should be shamed for losing by 3 points?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Please be like the 2015 Broncos

• Like Like x 1
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Steelers are still in the big dance until the fat lady sings, everyone is acting like we already lost and we need to trade everyone away!!!?!????

Believe!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    LOL that made me laugh out loud. I would fire that idiot for looking like a moron on the sidelines. Our special teams have sucked for years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I like to think they have made us suffer enough but then looking at other NFL organizations we really can't complain but complain we will.:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1