1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you pick your jerseys?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Marvology, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    My system is one home jersey first, defensive player and usually someone who's a starter but not worn by a lot of other fans (e.g. Casey Hampton or Ryan Shazier).

If someone piques my interest on offense enough, I'll get an away jersey for that player.

Don't have a "guy" on the team right now. I'll probably go with TJ if we resign him.

Always stitched jerseys because I trash my clothes and the printed ones never survive long.

2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    at 66 I look silly in a game jersey. I do have a couple old ones my son bought me. A Lambert game jersey and a Joe Green game jersey

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Maybe it's me, but I can't wear another mans name on my back. I usually wear a Steeler hat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Usually it is player who exemplifies Steeler football to me, not others but to me. Guys like Heath Miller, Ward, Bettis, Hoge. Watt was just one of those guys who from his 1st preseason game I knew he had it and I ordered a #90 jersey right away. I got an away Conner and home Juju after they had solid seasons and showed some selfless attitudes after the end of the Bell/Brown era.

I'm looking at getting a couple of #91's for Greene and Smith in white because with all the Black and Yellow/Gold/Vegas Gold and Pirate yellow in my closet it is hard to see anything else.

I was also thinking of ordering the reverse retro Gin and Juice Pens jersey customized with my name and number.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I have been wearing my home Hines Ward this season. I will stick with that for the playoffs.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Been wearing my authentic Roethlisberger away jersey that my wife bought at a yard sale for me for $5.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    As I have gotten older, I’ve not worn jerseys. This year though on game days I’ve been wearing Frenchy Fuqua’s platform shoes with the clear heel that contains water and a tropical fish.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I have a couple generic steelers sweatshirts I wear once in a while. My wife on the other hand has a Roethlisberger, Watt, and a Tuitt jersey. She wears one of those for game day. She also has numerous steelers sweatshirts and hoodies along with things like underwear, pantyhose etc. She can really gear up for game day

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    oh man I bet your are just lovely!!!!! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I usually have a couple that represent players who I think have made a big difference to the team. When I was a kid, I always had Bradshaw jerseys that my parent bought me, despite my dad being a Browns fan (he knew how much I loved the Steelers even though he loved Cleveland). My dad bought me a Kordell Stewart jersey years ago just because he was the quarterback at the time. I still have it, but haven't worn it in many years.

The two that I have that I wear the most now are Ben and Troy. No matter what you think of Ben right now, it's a fact that he made a huge difference to the Steelers after the drought of the 80s and 90s. And Troy is one of my all-time favorite Steelers, so back before Troy retired, my wife bought me the on-field authentic version of his jersey. It's still my favorite.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I think "maaahvelous" is the word you're looking for :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    As mentioned on other threads, I've lost track of how many jerseys I own- 60? 70? maybe more, collected over the past 30+ years. I will say that if you name a player, I can tell you if I've got the jersey.

For current team members, if you make the Pro Bowl and/or have a 1000 yard season, I get the shirt. I need to get a Diontae Johnson, come to think of it. However, players I like, such as Mike Hilton, I get the shirt.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. WoodleyKick

WoodleyKick Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I haven't had many jerseys over the years, but it's just a feel. I had a Lambert jersey for a long time, but it doesn't fit anymore (LOL). My wife wears it to school (she's an elementary teacher) when it's "jersey day" just before the Super Bowl, so at least it's still being worn! I had a Woodson jersey back in the day. I've contemplated plenty of other guys: Batch, Bettis, the list goes on, but it's nothing more than I just never got around to getting one. Right now, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a TJ jersey. A while back, I sent some cheap trading cards down to Heinz Field to hopefully get some autographs. TJ's card was the only one that came back signed. So, that helped push me in his direction, too. :)
    (Note: I have had a Lloyd t-shirt and O'Donnell hat over the years, too!) Oh....I get all replica jerseys, too (even with hockey). LOL

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Do you have a Barry Foster? For some reason Foster just always stood out to me, maybe because he was the starter in Cowher's first year. I'd really like to get a Krieder jersey one day.

15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Sidenote to the jersey question but other than the messed up Thanksgiving day game where they wore the color rush jersey have they worn the 78 throwbacks this year?

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I only have a few jerseys. For me, it comes down to players that I really like, For instance, I ordered JuJu's jersey right after he laid out Burfict!

• Like Like x 3
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I so understand that. For years I walked around in a Steeler jersey on game day but now that I'm older it feels odd. It's a younger man thing. Also, I got tired of people coming up to me to talk football.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TimesUp

TimesUp Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    I try to pick someone not accused of multiple rapes. Someone that doesn't settle out of court after he says he'll fight to the end to clear his name. Someone who doesn't stiff local bars and restaurants out of their tabs. Someone who that's married admits he's a sex addict after being accused of multiple rapes. So I have a Troy jersey, Its a safe bet.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As I've said in other post...it's about how I feel they impact a team...mostly D....the only O jerseys I've owned have been, Terry's, Ben's, and Ward's....haven't gotten one in awhile...I was going 2 get Duprees just cause I won money picking him in the 1st round, but afraid we won't resign him...So...believe I'll get Tuitts

20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Blah, blah, blah Key wrd here is ACCUSED ,.....I bet you didnt have a problem with Kobe tho did ya , :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    I haven’t worn a jersey for years. When I was in high school I wore the Mitchell & ness throwbacks.

I’m probably the only guy who loved the Steelers bumblebee uniform though. If I grabbed a jersey again it would probably be one of those. Those jerseys are so bad I like it.

• Like Like x 2
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I have a Bettis and a Woodey , my son got me a Steelers customized one for fathers day that i wore everygame day , up untill we lost our first game .... i havnt wore the other 2 in months , if i was to get another it would prob be a Woodson ... IMO you cant go wrong with HOF'ers

23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Easy solution; get a custom jersey with your name on it. I believe they only let you get the number 00, but I always thought it would be kind of cool to have one of those.

24. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think that depends on where you are getting it from and the amount of money you are paying. I have two custom made Pens jerseys that have Barron and #58 not for Kris Letang but for obvious reasons Lambert. I ordered my Dad a Mark Barron #26 jersey last year because it was a way to get our last name on a Steelers jersey without having to pay a lot for customization. It was fairly cheap too.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    my custom jersy is # 68 the year of my birth, not sure where my son got it though

• Agree Agree x 1