1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could this be Ben's last game in a Steeler Uni?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Too much money out there for him not to comeback. I begged the Steelers that you would see
    another Eli Manning, with big money being owed and performance lacking. We have seen it unfold before our eyes.

2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    He gets $22,250,000 whether he comes back or is cut. Even if he retires, I doubt the organization would pursue a refund.

The fate of the other $19MM (salary and roster bonus) is in the Steelers’ hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I truly hope he retires. It's time. And it would be the best thing for him, his career, and the Steelers. Rudolf impressed me enough that I think he could be serviceable until our next QB is found.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think Ben has one more year left in him. I could see a scenario where he gets dinged up and Rudolph starts some games, then after the season is over he retires.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I personally don't think he retires unless the steelers cut him or force the issue. There is too much $ on the table. For that reason I would not be shocked to see Ben try to go the Manning, Brady, Farve, Montana route and see what he can do with another team. Seems like this how the nfl system works now days with veteran QB's.

I can see the steelers saying they don't want to pay Ben anymore. I'm not saying Ben is a likely goner...I'm just saying I think the odds of this happening are greater than they have ever been. Things change and this probably really depends on how the team feels about Mason. 1 game does not make Mason a starter. I liked what I saw from him, but that doesn't mean we will see that every week and against better opponents. The 1 red flag I see with Mason is his pocket awareness. Something Ben excels at , Mason struggles with. If he can't handle pressure well then it won't matter how good his arm or accuracy is. I suspect he can improve that aspect of his game but I do think Mason looks like he deserves a shot at winning the starting job next season.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    No offense but no one who follows the Steelers could possibly think this will be Ben's last game, save for a career ending injury.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do agree but I think the almighty dollar come into play. Not sure but if he retires I think he leaves millions on the table that maybe he would like his children to have.

8. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    The front office will restructure Ben's contract and he will play another three years.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    $19m is what he will earn next year. He has already earned over €200m in his career though, and at some point he may decide to put his body and his health first. I don’t think anybody could blame him for that. We will know soon enough.

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    That’s the most likely outcome, he’ll probably play for another year or two at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t see Ben playing for another 2 or 3 years, he can barely make it through this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben isn't going to another team, he would retire instead IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Probably last year for Brees. Ben will be back imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Can Brady be done too or do we gotta wait till he's 50?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Marsha is the next Farve. Can't wait to see him stumble in the playoffs.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    We can only hope. The NFC competition is suspect imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Dream scenario is he goes out a champ.

18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Fixed that for ya bbh.

19. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I initially thought Ben had to be hurt, but there’s no way he recovered miraculously. I have my suspicions, but even if Ben comes back health next year we may not ge a QB who’s all in. Think late career Favre.

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm confused by the Brady chatter, yeah Ben needs to catch Terry @bigbenhotness .

21. Fugitive60

Apr 21, 2016
    Ben's production this year ranks among the best in his career. He hasn't missed a down due to injury. How is that barely making it through?

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly. And if he develops even farther, all the better.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Health wise. After the Dallas game, he was playing terrible and reports were he injured his knees that game. Then came the report saying there was deep concern inside the organization that Bens knees are shot and won’t improve during the season.

24. Fugitive60

Apr 21, 2016
    Those reports have been refuted by both the team and Roethlisberger himself.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course they have but his play has been awful up until the second half of the Colts game.

Coincidence? I don’t think so. Guy is 38 and beat to hell, there is no chance he is playing 3 more years. He’ll try to play out his contract but I think that’s where his tenure ends.