1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers did the right thing by losing yesterday, right?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That's the thing with this team,so frustrating...They can beat ANYBODY! Or lose to ANYBODY!

And both are possible!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    the Bills were favored going into y’day game, so a lot of people were betting $ that the Bills would beat Mia. So lots of people ‘saw this coming’.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As much as I realized a loss would (maybe) benefit us, no way I could root for that to happen. I wanted to go to OT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I just don't buy the conspiracy theory that the NFL wants certain teams to win so the refs slant it. If this were true, refs would have spoken out by now once they've retired, SOMETHING would have come out. There is just SO much money at stake and if something like that ever came out, it would destroy the league. And if that were true, why wouldn't the NFL want a team like the Steelers to win over the Browns? If it came down to ratings, the Steelers are a far bigger draw than the Browns so they should win easily. Teams like the Patriots, 49ers, Cowboys, Giants, Packers and Bears should also be winning all the time because of their fanbases are so large and the draw is pretty massive to have them be in the playoffs and Super Bowl. You don't think the NFL would have rather had the Giants in this year's playoffs instead of the WFT?

Now I do believe that some refs (Maybe even ref'ing crews) dislike or even favor certain teams, coaches and/or players and can make calls that reflect that. There is a huge difference though between a ref's bias and the NFL dictating wins and losses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Question for all of you who let the Ravens rent space in your heads, do you see Harbaugh's weird faces in there too?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    A win or loss would've done nothing for our playoff seeding...….. With covid restrictions in place, there really isn't any such thing this season as home field advantage...……… Furthermore, I could give a damn who we play.... all this Ravens fear is sickening to me...…. If another team beats them, then how much more dangerous is that other team????….. I say, whomever is set up in front of us needs to be knocked down period!!!!!!
    If you're worrying about who you match up with in the playoffs, then you don't deserve to be in the playoffs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I get it and agree the Eagles Coach showed his players their efforts are not worth his time, but have to laugh at the Giants fans. If you are relying on a 4 win team to get your lousy 6 win team into the playoffs you have nothing to complain about, especially when earlier in the year you lost to that same 4 win team by 2 pts. Take care of your own business and you won't have to rely on a your hated rival.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If they are afraid of the Ravens, they must be terrified of the Bills and Chiefs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I remember in '13 when Steelers fans got pissed at Ryan Succup for missing a field goal to get Steelers into the playoffs. That Steelers team didn't belong in the playoffs. Steelers lost to an inferior, warm weather Dolphins team while it was snowing at Heinz Field. :facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The Bills are riding momentum, are young and hungry...and good. I admire the way they went into that game, I think there is a difference in continuing to thrive in that and will make a difference in any physical rest a part of the team could get. The risk of injury is there, but that machine is moving very well right now.

11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Was it last year that the Bills needed the 'Gals to defeat someone to get into the PO's, then started sending thank you messages? If you have not been there for 2 decades I guess I could understand the frustration and emotions, and at least they can be proud of the team building on that this year.

12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I guess there is this pride thing that equates winning a game in the PO's as at least something, and I get it when the last time you won anything postseason as been a distant memory. I agree though that your mindset should be lace 'em up and play whoever comes our way.

13. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I think the only conspiracy is the NFL knows their refs suck and do not care. When you are in the battle and see it affect of course it looks personal, but the lack of consistency is blatant. You will always have the human factor and you cannot instant replay every decision, but where I take issue is the league handing down memos throughout the season highlighting which rules should be more or less enforced. They make rules changes in the off season, the preseason (granted none this year) is the place to work them out. To change the way refs are enforcing certain rules up to and including the PO's is bogus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I can agree that many of the leagues refs suck and aren't held accountable, I'm just not sure if the league KNOWS they suck. I think the refs in the NFL lack a lot of consistency you would expect from professional level refs. There isn't any system of holding them accountable. When is the last time a ref was fired? I wish the NFL would adopt the NCAA's instant replay rule and allow any play to be reviewed whether a challenge occurs or not. At the end of the day, I felt like the bowl games I watched over the last week had better officiating than most of the NFL games I watch. NCAA can do it, but the NFL can't? Pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s more than likely Trolling. My bet is he’s a Ravens fan.
    Exactly the same way that Real Steel posted most of the time.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We own him. Look at his stats against the Steelers. Hell he wouldn't have a win against us if they didn't knock Mason out last year, and still it took JuJu fumbling in overtime 4 him 2 get that win.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just hope they will call some holding, and some Pi against the Clowns this time

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    TJ Watt gets held 5 + times a game and usually only draws 1 flag. It's completely ridiculous how much they ignore the obvious penalty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Even if Pittsburgh won, they weren't going to play Baltimore :shrug:.

20. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I just wanted to see them play well and nobody get hurt. And for the most part they did. Both sides of the ball. Actually, I would've loved to see Bakers face if the Browns lost. But that's a separate issue.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The way they might have played Baltimore was if Buffalo sat its starters and lost to Miami. The Bills chose not to go that route and actually got themselves a tougher first-round game in the bargain. If they lose to the Dolphins, Miami finishes with the No. 5 seed and the Bills get the Browns instead of the Colts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I was at a restaurant sitting next to Browns fans. You could tell they were sweating bullets the last 10 minutes of the game. I was really hoping we could have beaten their starters with our 3rd and 4th stringers. It would have been priceless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers played to win. The big plays by the Browns hurt the Steelers defensively. The turnover by Mason hurt. The Steelers clean up those two issues and they will have a good chance to win in the playoff matchup.

24. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Why not? We are 9-1 against the Bungles/Ravens/Cleveland/Oilers (back when they were in our division) in the playoffs. Playing teams three times tends to work out for us.