1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I AM TEAM JUJU

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I love Juju and the energy he brings to the team. Go dance on logos, dance in the end zone and do his thing. People point at his stats as a sign he isn't good or something, but if you watch replays, he is almost always double teamed, which has opened up the other receivers.

I also think that for whatever reason, Ben has just focused on DJ to the point that it feels like 75-80% of passes go to him. When given the opportunity, Juju steps up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey mcam.

Yeah I am not sure about the "true #1 wr" either. I have been stating the following since the Spring/Summer and still have not changed my position. That is, we have a terrific group of WRs on this this team that are really a strong group of #2s. And that is just fine. Because as I also stated, on any given day anyone of them can be "that guy" because they all are very talented; each with a unique skill-set.

IMO, on average, we should be scoring 30-40 PPG with this group.

Admittedly, none of our WRs, at least at this point in their careers are on AB's level (just an example). And again that is okay. We have "numbers" on our side. I will take five strong #2s (as listed below) over one AB.

• JuJu
    • Claypool
    • Johnson
    • Washington
    • Ebron (He is more like a WR IMO)

Anyone of the above can be a 10 Receptions/100+ yards/2 TD game person. This crew should be given fits to the opposing teams. Just too many quality receivers to account for. Too many to handle.

Also, I really want to see more of Vance in there. I like the way Heath was used down the middle seam. Those 10 -20 yard routes. Vance is a "Power-House". He is being underutilized IMO. I realize that Ebron has taken most of his "catches". Vance has been blocking mostly but he should be integrated in more of the Offensive Production. Give the opposing teams one more thing to worry about.

Hold nothing back. Hit them with the whole arsenal. Vance can also be that guy on any given day as described above.

Also, Conner was a thing of beauty to watch on the screens in the last game. We need more of that. As I stated, I do not care how the RBs get involved (Run vs. Pass) we just need their Skill-sets to be tapped into. Conner was chewing them up on the screens in the last game. Samuels is equally as capable. However, the only way the screen thing works is the longer passes have to be successful. This last game they were, thus the screen passes were successful.

Again, as I have been stating all season, the Pass is our strength. And to be our strength, the receivers have to catch the ball. That was the problem during our recent skid. We all saw that once Ben started connecting on the longer routes in this last game, we were able to successfully run the screens. The same will apply to running the ball.

Also, we have McCloud and Mcfarland who have been quiet lately. Nonetheless, they too can contribute. McCloud is a "burner". Tap into it more.

Overall, we have "numbers" in regards to talent and depth on the Offensive side of the ball.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    We have the best WR core in the league as a whole but they can't catch.

Kidding.. well kinda

What sets the Hines Wards and yes ABs of the world apart is they had sticky fingers. They not only had good hands but great ones.

I'm optimistic with this group. Great talent. So far Washington has had the best hands imo

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey mcam.

Happy New Year.

Yes, AB and Hines were very reliable. With this current group they will make some eye-popping catches as they did in the Colt's game, very athletic, and then they turn around and drop the easy ones. Yes, it happens every now and then but during this "skid" that we were (hopefully "were") on, it was very problematic and probably can be pinpointed as the main cause for losing the games that we did. Therefore, we now have to play in the first round when we really never should of had to.

Veering off a bit. I do not like the addition of another team into the playoffs. Soon it will most likely be eight as the NFL is following suit with the NBA and NHL. The NFL (goofdell) with its rule changes, reviews, play challenges, playoff expansion and other nonsense continues to "water-down" the product. "Disgusting" as I say around here from time to time.

Back to our guys. I like our WRs and TEs very much. We have the best depth in the league IMO. When the the "long-balls" are caught, this opens up the screen-passes and the run. This was so evidently clear in the second half of the Colt's game. Again, we are predominantly a Passing Team. It is imperative that these guys CATCH, THE, BALL!

Hopefully "The Drops" are a thing of the past. We were (are?) leading the league in this category. Not good. Not good at all. Fortunately, this seems to be a mental issue and not due to anyone dealing with an injury. Thus, this is more of an "easy-fix". Again, hopefully, this is out of everyone's system. The Tournament is ready to start and there is no time for this garbage. Everyone needs to do their job and earn their coin. Again, CATCH, THE, BALL!

Take care.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He'd get cut.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Nice new years wishes thanks and same to you.

I actually like this group of Wrs TEs very much and am routing for them to clean up the drops.

I'd love to keep Juju next year also but concerned we won't have the $$ to pay him at the expense of other needed positions.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Still catching in the clutch, they need to keep him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    JuJu has played 4 years in the league and just now turned 24. That’s a lot of experience under your belt and to be so young still.

He had 831 yards and 9 TD’s this season and believe he will continue to improve on those numbers as he learns to be the number 1 guy.

I have no idea if they can keep him but will be very happy if they can make it work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    He's a great slot receiver, not a #1 guy, and he's gonna want to get paid like one. I'm also done with his act, and I think Tomlin might be, too. They had to rush the 2-pt conversion because he was celebrating the TD.

The guy is all about himself and his brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    JuJu became a fan favorite because he was a talented WR, a good locker room guy, fun loving, great off the field, cool celebrations. A hard hitting blocking WR akin to Hines Ward.

What has changed??? Nothing!!!!

Except he danced on the logo Before the Game during warmups because of his Huge Social Media following!!! His fans loved it. If he had did it during the game it would be a whole different Story!!!

Im still a big JuJu Fan and truly hopes the Team can find a way to keep him!!!

As far as the threats go..... overblown empty threats by lowlifes!!! Hope they’re found and charged!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Agree with everything except number 1 guy...... I think Claypool has laid claim to that one.

Last year he was that guy without help in the other side he needed. This year his True Role has been better defined. Really hopes he is resigned !!!!

cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe someone pays him #1 money maybe they won’t, never can tell what a GM will do but his numbers the last 2 years don’t reflect #1 production so the Steelers have a shot at bringing him back if they want too.

I couldn’t care less about him building his brand and off field activities which by the way are largely charitable which I think is great.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    What about his coach getting in his face because he was excessively celebrating while they were trying to get lined up for a 2-pt conversion?

That's ON the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think its a good problem to have, DJ could lay claim to it too. Defenses are going to have to decide who gets the #1 treatment and the other 2 guys will kill them.

Washington is carving out a nice niche as well, usually comes up with a big catch a game.

Would be great if they can keep this group together but they do a good job drafting receivers so they may go that route and try to replace JuJu.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn’t see that play, do you have a link for it? But if we are getting down on receivers for celebrating, going to run out of guys quick.

Also, didn’t JuJu catch that TD? I’ll keep the clutch guys, thanks.

I think the JuJu hate is over the top but that’s just me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Come on man, I just rewatched it!!! They were in the huddle, broke the the huddle with 20 sec left on the play lock ..... hardly an “ on field issue”!!! Also Tomlin was saying something under his face covering and clapping his hands..... knowing him he was yelling let’s go!!!!! This was right before the onside attempt.

Stop injecting your thoughts into the unknown to support your opinions.

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I figured it was something like that.

18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    You must be on AB's interfail team. Does he pay them bills?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He became a fan favorite because he knocked the f outta burfict. Plain and simple

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    The sad part is that dumb f*** really tried to spell Schuster

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. TimesUp

TimesUp Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Juju will never match AB's talent on the field. Maybe at PS5 or tiktok, not at football. AB is right Juju is boo boo fumbling games away. Juju will always be WR2. Claypool is the man on this team now. Juju is boo boo doo doo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    AB can catch a ball, JuJu can use his brain. Nothing to see here folks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    kinda like what Hines Ward has done !!!!