1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Alejandro Villanueva...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Daddymac10, Jan 3, 2021.

1. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Respectfully disagree, EVERY player is entitled to follow the money. No one makes up your lost $ if you have a career ending injury on your last game of your contract year. You can call the players greedy if you want, but they leave their blood, brains and ACLs on the field. They players aren’t the ones that shake down taxpayers for hundreds of millions of $. I begrudge the players nothing when they become FAs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019

Yeah Conner`s best move is to get 2 yards and turn his back to tackler and get an extra yard with leg press. That would be awesome strategy if he gained 5 in the beginning of carry.

3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m confused as to what you are disagreeing with? I said they are entitled to follow the money?

In Banners case I just don’t think the money will be there for him in free agency, his best chance is coming back to Pittsburgh to build on the momentum he had before his injury.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Does he look lighter/smaller to anyone this year?

He has been getting bull rushed pretty bad this year, which I find odd given his size. I don't remember it happening too much before?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    ok, my bad let me clarify. I read your post as saying Juju and Bud were entitled to $, as they were established players. Whereas a schmo like Banner was not. If I misunderstood, apologies. My main point is, if some billionaire wants to overpay Banner or anyone else, more power to the player.

6. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    No worries, reading back I can see how you may have taken that from what I wrote. I think we are on the same page.

Banner is likely going to have to prove himself all over again somewhere else, I think his best chance to establish himself as a starting tackle will be in Pittsburgh, especially given the Tackle situation here (AV leaving and Chuks struggling). If Zach Banner gets an offer he can’t refuse elsewhere he should take it, I just don’t see it however.

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    agree

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That acl will be a tough recovery for a 360 lb. guy. I'm not sure banner is the right guy to try to throw money at next year. He doesn't have the quickness or feet for the LT spot but as a road trading RT he had some worth but after his injury that may be questioned now. If we are going to throw money at anyone, I'd throw it at Feiler first. :cool:

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I wouldn’t mind seeing Feiler at tackle.

10. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Agree that Feiler is a much safer option at RT, I’ve no idea why they moved him in the first place.

I dont think anybody is suggesting throwing money at Banner, a one year prove it type deal might make sense for both parties however. He was well below 360lbs iirc by the time he got injured, lost a lot of weight in the off season, but point taken, it’s a serious injury for a big man like that.

11. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    I couldn't agree more. He may be the most overrated LT in football.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This. I would like to see him back for a cap friendly deal.

Thank you for your years as a Steeler Alejandro Villanueva but it's time to get on with your life's work as the great Chuck Noll said.
    A converted Defensive Tackle to Offensive Tackle by Mike Munchak. How I miss Mike Munchak.

Time to draft his replacement in the 1st.