1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns coming here next week it looks like...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 3, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Like our chances with Ben, Pouncey, TJ and Cam back next week if Mason threw for 315 yards and held his own in this game with backups playing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My inner doom and gloom says, "It's a trap"

This board is going to be confident off of what happened today. A loss that felt good and gave hope to advancing in Playoffs.

Prediction: We play Browns next week, we will be sweating balls in the 4th quarter.

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I’ve typed in 100 different scenarios and all I can get is the browns as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    ItS aLmOsT ImPoSSiBlE tO bEaT a TeAm TWiCe In a RoW

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  5. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Division playoff games are usually always close imo. Tough playing within the division. But Browns don’t scare me.

6. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    They won their super bowl today, season's over for them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If Ben looks bad the first couple of series id be worried

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Any idea what day and time next week?

9. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    The day and time will be announced later tonight. The Steelers have to come out and start fast in this game next week. They cannot afford to start this game slow in the 1st quarter and go 3 and out their first 3 or 4 possessions. You do that kind of crap in the playoffs even if it’s to the Browns you are gonna have a very hard time winning.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone is 0-0. Let's rock!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    are you expecting an easy game?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, there were several games they won this year where he didn't look great, but came back and played well and won in the second half. Supposedly b/c Ben took over the offense instead of Fichtner in those 2nd halfs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    We don't need a slow start, this is now the Playoffs. Cannot give the Clowns any breaks. Need to come out kicking azz and keep the metal on the pedal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't feel good going up against a division opponent.

Steelers gave up too many rushing yards today, IMHO.

15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I am not over confident, I do think if Ben can throw like he did in the last game, a rested D, and enough of a running game that we had today we can control the game. Chubb had over a hundred, but 50 of that was on one play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Wednesday 5:30pm

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Only concern I have is being overconfident because our 2nd stringers could have beaten them playing for their lives. You would think this is a game we win.

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Browns don't scare me. Ben and Fitchner scare me. There's been something wrong with this team for several weeks now. One half of football doesn't erase that memory. I need to see that the 2nd half vs the Colts wasn't the exception but is going to be the norm moving forward.

We cannot win by throwing nothing but 3 yard passes all game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well be ok its playoff time baby!!!:herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  20. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree they gotta start fast this game and get a lead and make the Browns run game more of a non factor if they are behind. You can’t have 3 and outs on your first 3 or 4 possessions of thus game and expect to win. So Randy and Ben had better get their **** together and get it together fast. If Mayfield has to win this game by himself if the Browns fall behind like the 38-7 game in mid October then the Browns have no chance. I don’t think Baker Mayfield is good enough to single handily win this game by himself.

21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    OMG All the Turd fans:poopy: will be coming down to the Steel City to get their hearts ripped out!!!:nomnom::brownssuck:

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sure some fans will feel that way, but I doubt the coaches or players will have that problem. They will notice that the Browns seemed to be limiting Chubb's carries and Garrett's snaps today. I imagine that won't happen next week. They might also get Ward back from the COVID list, which would be a huge deal. Cleveland's corners were terrible today. Jackson's entire approach seems to be to grab the receiver before the ball arrives and hope the officials don't call it. He got away with it quite a bit.

The Steelers need to take some lessons from today's game, such as using Vance McDonald more and not giving up on the running game so easily. Conner needs to be a factor in the playoff game.

The other big positive I saw today was Highsmith. I thought that was his best game as a pro, and unlike last week, he did it against a starting left tackle. He needs to play like that again next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The other thing I would take from this game is, attack them downfield. Can Ben do it?

If Ward is back, that will make it a little tougher but I think the Steelers have the horses to win downfield, if Ben can get it to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Agree about Vance it was nice to see him involved. His physicality was a nice change up from Ebrons softness.

I have no faith our OLine can run block

Biggest advantage we have is Baker. He’s not it

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Baker did not really look like good today . mounting injuries for Browns coupled with the return of 7 players on the Steelers will make the difference. Browns go down again.