1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Announces Rudolph meanwhile

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    The Buffalo coach is not tipping his hand about who he will play or how much. Don’t worry TOMLIN already took care of the guessing game for you!

Little things like this could turn into a bigger situation I swear the man never learns basic logic.

Now we may not have had a chance to get the 2 seed regardless because I don’t see Mason beating Cleveland either does Vegas (Browns -10) But it could screw us having to play Baltimore Rd 1 if Buffalo sits everyone knowing we won’t win.

I don’t care what anyone says Baltimore is the last team we want rd 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :sleepy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020

Honestly like that Tomlin is direct and not trying to be coy about it. Also like that Tomlin couldn't care less about who their opponent is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Seriously, this as a top post. No really, the secret being out of the bag that Ben is not starting instead pf possibly playing a couple of series is bothering you that much?

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    FFS :facepalm: another we cant beat Balt thread:rolleyes: , ......Thank god som of yall dont play on the team, yall are afraid of Balt...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I could care less who rd1 is. Bring it on. Either we have a team behind us or we don't. Bring your A game and you beat anyone. Play like you did in the last 4 games with the exception of Colts your one and done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I know the Browns organization is stupid and all but I doubt their coach is dumb enough to think Ben would start and play more than a series or two.

He knows Rudolph is gonna be the one to game plan for. These guys aren't high school level coaches. I'll take half their salaries and can easily figure that out.

8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    plotthickens.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Of all the things to lose sleep over the choice is Tomlin confirming what everyone on the planet already knew.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I understand some of you think the Steelers will beat anyone anytime and that’s fine but if you look at the Ravens right now they are the epitome of a team peaking at the right time.

It’s just a matter of gamesmanship. Why did the Bills coach not tip his hand? Answer..... because he didn’t freaking have to.

And yea even if Ben was only going to play a half or whatever let Buffalo think that so they play to win.

For the record I think sitting Ben or any other injured starter is the right move just idiotic to announce it unnecessarily.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    We should absolutely start Ben and risk an injury to an old, hurting QB. That would be awesome.

12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers are going to face a quality team regardless of who they face.

It would probably be more beneficial for the Steelers to face the Ravens because they know them so well.

Fans shaking in their boats over the opposition lmao.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    That's me, shaking in my boat and eating caviar.

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Browns would have known that Big Ben wouldn't be playing regardless.

I think Mason will play a solid game. He's got a lot to prove, it's a big game for him in many ways.

Plus this guy has practiced with the 1st stringers for just about every Wednesday practice for the entire season.

If he takes care of the football doesn't throw INT's he will do just fine.

15. TimesUp

TimesUp Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Because he knows the Steelers are one & done.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Besides the second half of last week It’s hard to imagine a team playing much worse the last 4/5 games. Maybe Jax?

Still that comeback gave us a little boost but now we will rest up as we should and probably throw out any momentum going into the playoffs. I would imagine the first half of our playoff game will be brutal offensively. We will need the D to keep us in it and more than likely try to mount a comeback.

This team still cannot run the ball almost at all. The last two years averaged out we are THE WORST running team in the NFL. Ouch.

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It's a probability thing. The more you face an opponent especially in one season, the more likely your odds of losing. And if Ben gifts a couple INTs who knows what happens.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    How abt if Larmar gifts a couple of picks or even a pick six,, :hmm::hmm::hmm: Hmmmm seems like i have seen that somewhere b4, but no one wants to seem to mention that..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  19. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    If Ben gifts a couple interceptions against any team we are probably cooked. Our margin for error is almost nil since we cannot run the ball and sustain drives. Any turnovers like in the Cincy game mean our D will be on the field too much and become worn down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I never said they should start Ben I said TOMLIN shouldn’t have announced it Tuesday at a press conference.

Nice avatar btw :thumbs up:

21. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    TOMLIN also doesn’t live in his fears. Maybe that’s why he has won 3 playoff games in 10 years.....

22. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Once again it’s not about shaking in boots it’s about wanting the easiest route possible. So yea that route means avoiding Baltimore Buffalo and KC.

Don’t you pay attention to our most recent Super Bowl Wins? What team did we avoid that we could never beat in each of those seasons?

Vegas odds are out to win the AFC and I’ll give you a guess who the top three are??

Spoiler alert we are 4th.

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Hmm I can't think of the team you're referring to... Surely we still would have beaten them right?

24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Look for McDermott to play Allen for at least a half Jujubean. That's the hand he tipped. Tomlin has the Steelers focused on the Steelers, not what Vegas or C. Cowturd thinks of them.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Fat Andy is sitting the Superbowl MVP, the league MVP and the chosen one this weekend so as not to put him in harms way for a meaningless contest. What is with these coaches making this announcements days before the game i mean seriously its as if there was money riding on the outcome.