1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns MUST beat the Steelers Sunday...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Write me down of absolutely hating the idea of Tomlin already coming out and declaring that our starters wouldn’t be playing next week. And the many reasons are to follow:

1) The offense.

Holy **** has it been throwup inducing to watch this **** show of an offense for the past month and a half. Somewhat due to inadequate play and a hell of a lot due to Fichtner and his god awful offensive plays and play calling. I want Ben and the offense to play simply for the fact to string performances together, get on the same page and knock off this short passing attack that literally hinders every other part of the offense because defenses know they can play 11 guys 7 yards off the ball.

2) Playoff seeding.

I don’t fear the Ravens nor should anyone here. Yes, they are probably the hardest team to play that will be a wildcard team. Wouldn’t it benefit the Steelers to try and avoid them if they are able to? Follow me here...

To already come out and say we are sitting guys is a horrible move by Tomlin and the FO. To just hand the Bills to second seed while still allowing them the opportunity to sit all of their starters is extremely dumb. Because once they see Mason at QB, they will instantly sit all of their big guys knowing they don’t have to play them and can lose and stay at 2nd.

To top it off, the Dolphins win against the Bills second string, the only thing preventing us from playing the Ravens first round would be for the Ravens to lose to the Bengals. Which would be ridiculously surprising at this point.

What I purpose the Steelers should do? Put it in the media that they are going all out. Everyone is playing to keep the Browns out of the playoffs and keep our offense in gear.

Hell, even go into the game and have everyone starting. Don’t just hand this **** to the Bills on a silver platter and let them not only waltz away with the 2nd seed but also giving their starters a bye week to top it off. Having a beat up Bills team would only benefit us because unless Ben goes down, there’s no way we play them again as hurt as we were the first time.

If we play our starters, that forces the Bills to play theirs and focus on beating the Dolphins to keep the second seed. If they don’t, win and take the second seed for ourselves. If they do play their starters, keep our game close and let the Bills get out to a lead and pull ours. That way we would ensure the Ravens getting the 5th seed and we would play the Browns/Colts first round.

I understand this entire idea goes up in flames once an important player happens to get hurt next week but shouldn’t we also be trying to position ourselves in the best possible position to win a super bowl?

Going through the Ravens, Bills, Chiefs and Packers/Saints, seems to be the hardest possible path by far. And doing something as simple as putting our starters out there as proxies for a quarter or two could solve the entire thing.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They won't win with those scrubs playing

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d rather have our key players healthy and as rested as possible than go all out to get or avoid a specific matchup that may not come to fruition anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    Nothing would be better than the Steelers knock the Brownies out of the playoffs with MR at QB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I want Mason to ball out, then the first round of the playoffs, watch how many start screaming for Mason when Ben starts his usual 3 and out strategy in the first half.

6. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    For all the mocking of the Browns, they are capable of winning at home, even if the Steelers use all their starters.

What would be much harder than letting the starters recover and then play Ravens/Bills/Chiefs/NFC,
    is to get the starters even more beat up and then play Browns/Ravens/Bills/Chiefs/NFC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Colts until they sat their starters.

2005 - 13-0
    2009 - 14-0

Edit: my bad, they wasn't entering the playoffs but they did sit their starters at the end of the season.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Jags & Colts are a division rivalry. Haven't the Jags locked up the 1st pick already even if they win?

9. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    id love to see Rudolph destroy the browns chances. Garrett probably go chase down Rudolph after losing.