1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph to start Week 17 against Browns

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    But...We wouldn't have used it! No way in hell your THIRD string QB would play the 1st game of the playoffs ! Wtf are you talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    What is the over under on CBS showing the Mason and Garrett footage from last season during the broadcast.

3. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Yeah...my wife came home at lunch after picking up our sandwiches. I must have leftNFL radio on the car radio. She looks at me and says WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THIS WEEK. I tried to explain to her the steelers already clinched the division. She said Mason has no talent. I'm typing this from my gun room

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes you use it ..Use it situationally as a change of pace,,to improve short yardage chances..And hope the DC of the other Team thought like you.. Oh and the big 1 just one hit away after you showed the mobile QB stuff to thats what you now have to defend..So of course any DC worth a crap would prepare for it..

NO has had a package for their 3rd. string QB for years.. The point being use every tool the problem is our OC is a Tool...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    100% chance. And probably over and over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He claimed “most” of the other startes will be playing. I got to believe even if this is true, Tomlin won’t have them playing more than a half

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just being able to rest starters and not be relying on other teams is a great feeling.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Isn’t anyone else curious to see what both Dobbs and Mason can do in a real game situation? I would think the Organization wants to know what exactly do we have backing up a 38 year old veteran going into the playoffs.

• Like Like x 3
  9. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely.

10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    1 guy with no chance to win if called on and another that the OC has no clue how to or when to use.. So the answer is basically we have nothing..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    we've pretty much seen what Mason has to offer as well as Dobbs. So no thank you. But we'll get your wish this week! Can't wait

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think we have a good idea what Mason can (and can’t) do, but there’s not much regular season tape on Dobbs. His limited regular season exposure vs. the Raiders in 2018 was not good, but the same can be said for many star QBs’ first quarter and a half of real game experience.

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Our OC is a tool, He sucks! But the NO situation is different...I agree with you, It WOULD have been nice to run some gadget stuff with Dobbs but, But if Fitchner hasn't used it all year, He's not going to use it now

That idiot doesn't even know how to use misdirection, jet sweeps ( he did try one last week ) half back pass... Anything out of the ordinary...He sure as Hell wouldn't do anything remotely close to this!

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I understand the move. I don't understand announcing it now. Why not play it off as a game-time decision? Rest Roethlisberger in practice, but remind everyone that he played just fine with no practice in the first game against the Bengals.

This basically tells the Bills they can sit all their guys Sunday because that game is meaningless. That pretty much guarantees the Dolphins will win, and the Steelers will be facing the Ravens in the first round of the playoffs. Baltimore might get 300 yards on the ground in that one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    All I know is Mason better have his chin strap tight, Garrett vs Rudolph II. This may be a pay per view event. Dobbs may be in the game sooner than we think.

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm so glad I'll get to watch this game. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mason does. Maybe it's our turn to win with a back up QB since a few have whipped us this season.

17. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015

He did it against PITT when at OSU. Wait, your comment is still correct, sorry.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. RBloodworth1

RBloodworth1 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I swear, if losing this game to the Stains leads to us getting the ****ing Ratbirds in the first round, I’m going to break something. You might as well just end the season now if that ends up being the case.

19. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Could have done that last week lol

20. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Idk why coach comes out and says this.. make the browns think Ben could start to give them something else to prepare for and not be able to focus there full attention on Rudolph

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    More I think about it the more Sunday can't get here soon enough. Who knows, we could be watching our starting QB and RB (Snell) for next season.;+)

I think a few years back on New Years Day we had a meaningless game week 17 against the Browns and we won it with a back up QB. Damn if I can remember his name at the moment.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Clearly they want the browns to get in

23. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    It's not the dumbest move it's the smartest move. Ben has been injured and a week off should do him good. The only chance the Steelers have is to go into the playoffs with a healthy QB.

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Incompetent, lazy take your pick.

• Like Like x 1
  25. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Im stoked!

Go Mason!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011
    2019 Rudolph 8 starts:

5-3 record 1765 yards 13 TD's 9 INT's 82.0 rating.

We have seen worse from young QB's.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1