1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It is all about the OLine

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelRaj, Dec 28, 2020.

1. SteelRaj

SteelRaj Active Member

Dec 7, 2020
    2nd half for Big Ben: 29 drop backs and hit 0 times. Hopefully they can keep it up. Gives us time to push it down the field and that will in turn open up the run a bit more. Then draft like 6 OL guys.

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I've always said that no matter how much football evolves, the game will always be won up front

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Who were the starters yesterday, was Dotson back?

4. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

Yes, Dotson started and did not give up a single sack or pressure

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Dotson looking very sharp at LG. Should have started the season there and maybe would have had he not had the pre season injury. Looking like a good pick. Like to see Feiler move back out to RT if/when he returns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I donot know if they will be able, but if they can keep either Banner or Felier (Banner might be more of an option), they draft a stud OT and this line is not far away. Yes the interior needs addressed as well, but one piece at a time.

7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    How...Pouncey and DD are their worst OL, And I'm serious! Well, Big Al stinks too

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Pro bowlers though :lolol:

9. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

DeCastro still has a good bit of tread on the tires...……. Pouncey, on the other hand, is nowhere near the player we drafted and is close to the end

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they tried to move Feiler as a cost saving measure. LG makes hell of a lot less than even a RT. It was a way to avoid having to pay AV big money, and then Feiler to keep him as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    The 3rd and shorts against the Colts they ran behind DD, and he got pushed 5 yards back...2 or 3 times...I remember in the 2nd half we had a couple similar 3rd and shorts, and ran behind Dotson...For nice long gains

12. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Can Feiler play LT? 2021...Banner at RT, Dotson at LG, Feiler at LT?

13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Can Feiler play LT? 2021...Banner at RT, Dotson at LG, Feiler at LT?

Someone has stated several times here that Chuks has been playing out of position and is a better suited at LT, Banner and Felier,and Al will all be FA's. Being injured Banner may be easier to sign on a short term 'prove it'deal, I just do not see us being able to keep both, Al is likely gone. I agree AL, Pouncey, and DD will all need replaced, but I do not think you can realistically place all your draft choices on the OL, we have other needs as well. That's why I said stud T in the first, able to start right away if needed, then look for G/C depth. If your future C is there in the 1st then possibly take him, either way you are looking at possibly the next 10 years to anchor the line. None of these are sexy picks, but a really good line can make a mid level RB and QB look much better than they are, just as a lousy line can make a good QB and RB look pretty lousy.

No doubt Disco all aspects of OL need addressed, as well as RB,and TE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Chuks should have been playing Left Tackle as his athleticism, quickness and length are better suited towards that position than requiring the power and strength a Right Tackle needs. Matt Feller could potentially come back but I would rather obtain an Offensive Tackle from this loaded 2021 class. Not on the same level as 2020 but Penei Sewell outrank all 2020 Offensive Tackles and it is not even close.

After Sewell?! Alex Leatherwood, Liam Eichenberg, Jalen Mayfield, Christian Darrishaw, Samuel Cosmi, Rashawn Slater and Jackson Carman would be my choices. Eichenberg is still my dream choice but I doubt he will last by the time we are on the clock. Mayfield and Carman though likely will be.

15. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Like him a lot, no idea who he was during draft, but looks like solid long time starter

Need 2 more like him in offseasons

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I saw a breakdown on Dotson's play against the Colts ( I might have started on BR and been re-directed to the Trib ) in the second half there are plays where he was against Buckner 1 on 1 and more than held his own.
    On some running plays he moved his man to his right and took out another DL.
    If Dotson stays healthy I can see him being the first brick in the wall the Steelers need to rebuild.
    Okorafor has looked like a traffic pylon some games , not maintaining his block long enough or completely missing.
    Some think he would make a better LT from what I have seen this year I would be worried if he is our starting LT.
    I agree DD has some time left but Pouncey is a shadow of what he was. Pouncey actually looks light I am just guessing but maybe he is having trouble keeping the weight on as he gets a little older.
    Please don't quote his weight from the Steelers roster, I think they post the height and weight from a players rookie year and never update it. Does anyone here believe snacks was 325 throughout his entire career.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Still like Josh Myers from Ohio state pick one. Pounceys replacement for the next 10 years. I do think we make an offer to Feiler. Hawkins as well. Coyle, Walton, Jones, Leglue also in the wings while they see where Banner is by then. Dotson was a fine pick. They won't give up on chuks either. Interior is the spot needed. Myers would be a good one. :cool:

18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I have been begging to address the OL for a few drafts now. I'd use at least 2 of the first 3 picks there. Thankfully Dotson is a keeper. We are going to have a new QB soon, and even if it's not a rookie, keeping him on his feet and being able to run the ball will be hugely important. I believe Clay/DJ/Wash will be a very good group going forward. I always want RBBC so I don't want a high pick there. Build a good, young OL and we should have a decent offense to go with a good defense.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes it really is going forward in the playoffs. Ben R will need to play much, much better.