1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What took so long.........

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Dec 27, 2020.

1. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    My vote if for simply better execution.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The name slips me but an all pro offensive guard was being inducted into the HOF and during his speech he said that holding could be called on almost every play in the NFL.

3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    When the league wants more offense, this is what you get.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Sure, we've heard that before, and I'm all for fewer penalities and letting them play. When an infraction has a direct effect on the play though, you have to call it. I don't care if it's some poor backup getting repeatedly flagged. TJ was tackled, clotheslined, and blatantly held several times. He plays on the edge so it was in the OPEN for all to see. Can't ignore those. You just can't. It looks like favoritism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    I'm with you, TJ was holding both arms in the air screaming during the play and he still couldn't get a call. I guess choke holds are legal in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    It sure looked like a totally different offense yesterday in the second half. It's hard to imagine it was dropped passes that was holding them back most of the drops were 3 yd passes.
    Some how someone took the hand cuffs off of Ben and he let it rip, by attacking the defense downfield and down the middle. That was NOT part of the offense for at least 5 games.
    If it was purely the offensive scheme they were running why stay with it for so long when everyone could see what was coming.

Romo can be an idiot some days he was saying the box is stacked against the Steelers because they don't have a running game, wrong dumbass every team puts 8 in the box because the Steeler's had no threat at all of throwing the ball more than 5 yds.

If it was all Fichtner's play calling he should be gone right now, and if it was the play calling how the hell could Tomlin stand there and watch it and not see that it was not working, hasn't been working for weeks even before the losing streak.