1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns MUST beat the Steelers Sunday...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 28, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Period or they aren’t making the playoffs. Too many unlikely things have to happen if they don’t win against the Steelers in order for them to make it and I don’t see it happening. Having gone through mostly every scenario possible on the ESPN playoff machine for the Browns the only way they can get in the playoffs if they lose this game Sunday to the Steelers is if the Colts lose once again to the Jags which is the only Jags win so far this season on the opening weekend of the year and I just don’t see that happening again. The Colts just aren’t gonna lose twice to the Jags at home with a playoff spot or potential division title still on the line in that game. The Ravens could lose to the Bengals, the Titans can lose to the Texans, and the Dolphins could lose to the Bills and all finish at 10-6 and the Browns still would not get in at 10-6 over those 3 teams if that happens as they would lose a 4 way tiebreaker.

So the Browns desperately need to win this game against the Steelers there is no other scenario they will make the playoffs if they lose this game even if the Ravens, Titans, and Dolphins all lose and finish 10-6 other then the Colts losing to the Jags which is just not gonna happen.

Losing that game to the Jets yesterday really screwed the Browns big time and it has put them in a nightmare scenario of having to beat their kryptonite in the Steelers to get into the playoffs. It’s a position if you’re a Browns fan I would just not want to be in.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Bills also play the Patriots tonight which I don’t think will be a slam dunk win for them either. But yea I still want to play for that 2 seed over the Bills if it’s in play. I want that extra home game fans or no fans if the Bills come here on divisional weekend if the chalk would hold. I think they have a better chance of beating the Bills at Heinz Field as opposed to playing that game again in that **** hole in Buffalo.
    So yea I want the 2 seed and if it’s in play I think the Steelers need to try and get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Will the Browns have all their receivers next week?

4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    They should. The Browns will come in and play hard and I'm guessing the Steelers rest at least a few guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Don't rest play and win

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Browns can still make the playoffs with a loss.

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    As Steel_Ben noted in the beginning, only if the Colts lose to the 1-14 Jags. At home. With the playoffs on the line.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Could you imagine Mason Rudolph coming in and knocking the Browns out of the playoffs. It would make my heart so full.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    This is where I struggle. I want the Steelers to rest a few guys that need it - some of these jokers are playing injured for sure - but I also want to beat the Browns and knock them out of the playoffs. For a ****ty franchise that consistently underachieves, they're way too confident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    We need to rest a few guys or play them early and take some out. Personally I would love to watch Mason go out and play pissed off and light them up, based on what happened last year.

11. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Rest Ben and the older vets, maybe Watt. Need to recharge before the playoffs.

12. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They don't underachieve they just always suck at everything they do

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph should get the start. I don't think a week's rest will help or hurt the Steelers offense. The Steelers offense will probably piss us off again in the playoffs... come out on fire in the first half and then turtle in the 2nd half... or vice versa. Seems to be the trend this season.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We should rest the old timers like Ben and Pouncey. We can risk the young guys like Claypool who would probably prefer to play anyway. Besides, Rudolph needs somebody to throw to. Can`t rest everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree. Rest Pouncey, Ben, DeCastro, Heyward, Haden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Anyone else feel the Brown's will play dirty? That's why I say rest them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Why not Mason? The Steelers are proof that lesser QB's can win. I'd like to see Mason get us some revenge for getting whipped by 3rd stringers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I would have both Mason and Dobbs ready, and make a game plan to use both of them.

This worked in 2004 against the Bills in a similar situation, in which Maddox started and St. Pierre came off the bench for the win in the 4th quarter.

19. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    They aren’t making it if they lose to the Steelers. The Colts aren’t gonna lose twice this year to the Jags especially at home with a playoff spot on the line. The Browns need to win this game. I hope the Steelers play everybody and don’t rest guys but it’s not there obligation to hurt or help the Browns get in the playoffs by either playing starters or resting them. The Steelers opened the door for the Browns numerous times the last 2-3 weeks to still win this division and they failed big time to take advantage of it. I think it would have been an injustice had the Browns somehow did win the division because they didn’t deserve too and didn’t earn it.

They lost to both the Steelers and Ravens 38-6 and 38-7 earlier in the year and let the Ravens win that game a few weeks ago in Cleveland that they should have won. They went 0-3 combined so far against both the Steelers and the Ravens and are right where they deserve to be in my opinion having to win this game against the Steelers to make the playoffs because the Colts aren’t losing to the Jags. Either the Browns win Sunday or they are out and that’s the way it should be.

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    It would be great if Steelers would use Dobbs like Saints use Hill. Have Rudolph start... but have Dobbs on the field, too for Wildcat packages. I don't see it happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I was thinking what Tomlin could do to motivate the backup team to play to win. How do you motivate these millionaires who are getting thrown to the wolves? You are not playing key people and are signaling you don`t need to win this game.

I say food. Get Mrs. Tomlin to make the biggest, best roast beef you ever tasted, then give the guys a little taste just before they go out to play. Tell them before they go they don`t get any more beef unless they win. LOL.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like I said the Browns can lose to the Steelers and still make the playoffs.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I know what he said.

24. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Best case scenario:

Offense starting and featuring: Mason (w/ Dobbs on option), Mcfarland, Deon Cane, Kevin Rader, Jerald Hawkins and J.C. Hassenauer

Defense starting and featuring: Cassius Marsh, Carlos Davis, Jayron Elliot, James Pierre, Justin Layne, Henry Mondeaux

and we get the win

(bye week for starters)

25. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t care if Browns make the playoffs or not.

I’d love to see a Steelers win. Prefer and expect Tomlin to rest a few starters.

Most important game next week is the Dolphins. If they beat the Bills, and Steelers win: Seeding will be:
    1 KC bye
    2 Steelers vs 7 Browns/Colts
    3 Bills vs 6 Ravens
    4 Titans vs 5 Dolphins

If Dolphins lose and Browns win:
    1 KC bye
    2 Bill vs 7 Dolphins/Colts
    3 Steelers vs 6 Browns
    4 Titans vs 5 Ravens

If Bills lose to NE, beat Dolphins, Steelers beat Browns:

1 KC bye
    2 Steelers vs 6 Browns/Colts
    3 Bills vs Dolphins
    4 Titans vs Ravens

I’m sure there are other scenarios and I got somethings wrong. But I’m not seeing a match up vs the Ravens. And if that’s the case, then I’ll be all for seeing them in the championship game.

My preference is to beat the Browns and Dolphins beat the Bills. If Ravens an Steelers advance, Ravens go to KC and Steelers get Titans/Dolphins