1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BEN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Kolbassi, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    stuck it in the naysayers asses!! Wooooooo

Why did they start throwing downfield? what is going on?

2. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Gutsy win Ben !!!! Here we go Steelers !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This is why you never give up on a hall of fame championship Quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger. Man was he good in that 2nd half. It at least gives this team some hope moving forward the way he played in that 2nd half and confidence is everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I wanted Ben benched based on the way he’s been playing as of late. I think that was fair. I normally wouldn’t call for something like that. I’m glad Tomlin stuck with him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    It wasn't just Ben playing bad for 3 1/2 games to me it was it was the his body signals the look in his eyes. I sont know what changed but thank God it did. What a second half of football. Also a big thanks to the oline for giving him time for the first time in forever and the WR making the hard and easy catches

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Agree, up to that point it was the same stuff. The last couple of plays in the first half he threw good (and of course time ran out), but other than that he just looked stale. IDK what lit the fire, maybe a text from from his wife saying she would handle the short balls if he completed the long balls?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    This game...Gives us " Hope "...After the last 4 games I'll admit, I thought we were done...

Ben looked shot, OL Horrific, WR's and TE couldn't catch RB's couldn't run ( still concerned with the short yardage always getting stuffed )

But Man...Ben made some throws,Deep throws...And it gives us " Hope "

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Must be the bud light causing my mispelled words lol. Anyways let's knock the browns out of the playoffs next week

• Like Like x 3
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Geritol at halftime. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  11. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Bench Ben? He's what keeps tomlins "never had a losing record" intact. When Ben hangs it up it will more than likely be a while before we get a suitable replacement. Organizations are lucky if they've had 2 or 3 superbowl winning hall of fame qbs in their entire existence. Stick with big Ben all day until the wheels fall off.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    still doesn't mean he shouldn't have sat out a week or two to heal the knee for the stretch run. We lost anyway, he would have been healed instead of keeping a 38 yo beat up qb struggling. That's on MT. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    That old bugger still has some life in him.

Go BB, Go Steelers!!!

14. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Possibly but all the dropped passes along with terribly predictable playcalling probably had him wondering who to throw to. I would lean more to that than injury.

15. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He will be icing his elbow until Friday and not practicing with the team until the walk through.

16. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess this now gives him until next week to ice his elbow. Coincidentally, he will continue icing his relationship with Mason Rudolph ahead of the Browns game.

17. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I honestly thought and said on here that he wasn't capable of throwing the deep ball. Wow did he ever prove me wrong. I know the Steelers don't come on here for advice but I did comment maybe last week that you don't have to throw it 50 or 60 yds to make it a long pass. He got the ball out quickly and lead Johnson perfectly for a 39 yd TD. The TD to JU JU was pure vintage Ben moving around a bit buying some time with the pump fake and then throwing a perfect pass to JU JU.

Did something change the offense looked completely different in the second half ,did someone duck tape Fichtner and stuff him in a locker for the second half.

If the pathetic offense the last 4 or 5 games previous was purely because of the scheme by Fichtner then he really is the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I said all along I wouldn't bench Ben, he gives them the best chance to win, you have to let him play through his struggles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    20 minutes doesn't erase the other 280 mins of poor performance. Not sure why things improved 2nd half but we go down 3 scores in post season it may turn out differently. Hope we see it again.

20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Would be funny if the NFCCG was the two oldest QB's, Brady and Brees and the AFCCG was the two oldest, Ben and ???? I think the others are all youngsters.

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Rivers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think the important thing though is it showed Ben's arm isn't shot. He can sling it if he has to.

Might have been some other factors. Coaches and probably all the injuries on the offensive line? Plus our WR's haven't been forged in the fire. They are inexperienced.

23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Agreed, but how long or what does it take for him to determine that he has to? WR's were doing fairly well, especially Claypool, up through our 1st 10 wins or so. Something else tripped a switch last game and would love to know who, what, how, it happened. Onward to Stainland.