1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeding in the playoffs...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 27, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Steelers with clinching the North today are guaranteed to be no worse then the 3 seed in the playoffs and can still move up and be the 2 seed over Buffalo if they win next week in Cleveland and the Bills lose to either the Patriots on Monday or to Miami next week. Plus, now we don’t know who is gonna be what seed in a few weeks when the playoffs start. The odds are the Steelers will probably play either the Browns Colts or Dolphins in the first round depending upon how the games turn out next week. So there is a lot to process still with the seeding but as of right now the Browns have not clinched a playoff spot and need to beat the Steelers to guarantee they will get in even if other teams lose next week. So for now I’m not resting anybody and I’m playing the starters for now and trying to improve my seeding next week in Cleveland.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm mixed. I'd like to try to continue to build on momentum we just got, but that could backfire. I'd lean toward resting guys for playoffs

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    They’re the team no one will want to face in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    No - they're going to get the Ravens if they lose the Cleveland next week, most likely.

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Here comes we cant beat the team we swept, in the playoff threads.... lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Wow

• Like Like x 1
  7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I don’t think they will get the Ravens because I think the Ravens are gonna win in Cincy and be the 5 seed and Miami will lose in Buffalo next week. That is the only way they can play the Ravens is if the Dolphins beat Buffalo if they stay the 3 seed. But if the Steelers win in Cleveland next week and that happens they would be the 2 seed and they would probably play the Colts who are most likely gonna beat the Jags next week.

If the Ravens beat the Bengals, Steelers lose to the Browns, Colts beat the Jags and the Bills beat Miami they will play the Browns who would be the 6 seed. I think their is a good chance the Ravens will not be the 6 or 7 seed looking at everybody’s schedule and how things set up. I’ll stick by the Steelers playing either the Browns Colts or Dolphins in that first playoff game here.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We beat Ravens 3 times in a season on way to SB victory. And that is all they talked about leading up to the 3rd game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    There is a chance 3 teams from AFC North make playoffs. It helped we all got to play the NFC Least this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    If the Browns and Ravens are tied, the Ravens win the tiebreaker.

The Bills win tomorrow and they use next week as their bye since they can't get to the 1 line.

Bills beat NE, lose to Miami - 2 seed
    Steelers lose to Browns - 3 seed (Browns have to win to get in, game is meaningless to Steelers)
    Titans or Colts - 4 seed (Titans only need 1 win to get 4 seed)
    Miami beats Bills - 5 seed
    Ravens beat Bengals - 6 seed
    Browns beat Steelers - 7 seed

Colts beat Jags - lose tiebreakers and finish out at 11-5

11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Right now, if Cleveland, Baltimore, Miami, and San Diego win next week, San Diego is odd man out.

12. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Don't care what the scenario is, rest the starters.. We haven't had a legit bye since week 4. Ben, Watt, Heyward, villanueva, Fitz, etc could all use a week off. In normal years, I don't like breaking up momentum, but this isn't a normal year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. leonartist

leonartist Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    we definitely need the rest

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers trying their best to send both teams to the golf course. You want Browns in or Ravens? I want the Ravens for the trifecta.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I wouldn't really count that second matchup against the Ravens JV squad.

16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I know everyone looks at what is a favored match up, but honestly I do not think it really matters, (well perhaps Miami with rookie QB and coming to cold weather). If this team plays like the first half (or the last several games) we lose...IF they can play a 60 min game like todays 2nd half (and other 30 minute days they have had this year) they can compete with anyone and win, yes even KC. That is a very big if (and so far unproven), rest 'em next week, regroup, and see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    I’d play the entire practice squad if I could next Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Those threads are a virtual LOCK !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Game in your own division are tougher. I hope we play someone outside our division.

20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think Ravens will play Titans

21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There hasn’t been a team from San Diego for a while. Perhaps you’re referring to their old QB, Philip STFU Rivers?

22. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    We didn't have a legitimate bye week. The team was practicing through Wednesday before the league announced that the game has been postponed.

23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Cowher also said if he was the coach he would rest his Steeler starters and the Bills starters next week.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Did you bet on the Colts this week?:lolol:

25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019

Big loss iron proved me wrong