1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lose Out?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Are we going to friggin lose out for the rest of the season? I mean damn we just got handled by the 2-10-1 Bengals who the Cowgirls just handled. Wtf? Our D still looks decent but they are out there all game long. We got Indy lose and the Browns another lose. Then we get into the playoffs anything can happen but it’s really hard to see them do anything at all. I don’t like being so pessimistic but how can I be optimistic when they play like that. Heck we should of lost to the Cowgirls and Ravens backup squad. 11-0 all for nothing. I’m just pissed!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We have a chance this week against colts. I would say 35 per cent chance of winning. 20% chance against browns the way they are plying and 10% at bills. So we are ending on a six game losing streak. Way to go tomlin

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Just watched Ben’s postgame and man does he seem defeated. If he doesn’t retire after this season I’ll be very surprised. So it’s 11-0 to losing to the Washington football team who were 4-7 at the time then the Bills who are a pretty good team a little overrated in my opinion then the 2-10-1 f*cking Bengals. Wow. Should of lost to the Ravens practice squad and the hapless Cowgirls. Just disappointing when you think they might have a chance at a SB then they just go in the tank at the worst time. All that said once we get in the playoffs anything can happen but I’m not counting on it.

4. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I think we're Tanking for Trevor.....oh.....wait.....never mind.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The defense plays well but can be exposed at ILB. Allen is too light to really fill the hole and Williamson is average at best. Highsmith is still learning and last night his inexperience showed.

They won't lose out on purpose but I would be surprised if they win again this season, it just does not seem likely the way the offense is playing. The first half was as bad a half of football as I have seen from the Steeler's in decades. It showed what you get when you don't ask your QB to practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I don’t think they will lose out on purpose either. I think they’ll try for sure but with that performance against the Bengals I don’t see any winning going on anytime soon. I mean Ben looks terrible. Completely different team from week four and five or whatever it was when we beat Tennessee and then Baltimore. I mean we are putting up scores in the 20s and 30s and now we can’t get past 20 points against putrid teams. Ben just looked old as hell out there last night. I’ll bet if I bye week didn’t get taken away from us he would’ve looked a lot fresher that’s for sure. Hopefully they can find some magic in the playoffs but it’s hard to see that happening because that’s when all the best teams are playing. I will say this Tomlin teams always play down to their competition and up to their competition who knows maybe they’ll make a run. It’s hard to say they don’t have a chance as a Steeler fan!

7. Tsrart

Tsrart Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Just saw this on PFT:

"The Colts, Browns, or Ravens could end up missing the seven-team AFC postseason with an 11-5 record. The situation has made the Ravens into Steelers fans; if Pittsburgh loses to both the Colts and Browns and the Ravens win their final two games, the Ravens could end up on the outside looking in with an 11-5 mark."

So at least if we end up losing out, the Ratbirds won't get in even with an 11-5 record. There's that.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The way they are playing I don't see how they are going to win any more games this season. Not enough time to fix what the problems are. They should of started the fixes after the Dallas game. Bad things did not get fixed and worse now then ever.

And that's why you never look ahead in sports and take it one game at a time until the end.

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Our only hope lies on #7 if he can find it again, we can win.

If he can't we are done.

QB play is 75-80% to what will guide you to winning a Championship.

The QB play of the last month is not it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Steelers are trying to move up in the draft , they sit at the 28th pick now, the goal is getting to the low 20's.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What exactly were they going to fix? There are no other options on the offensive line right now. The offense has been worse because Roethilsberger is playing horribly. There is no fix for that other than trying to somehow get him healthy.

The same is true of the defense. There is no adjustment to be made. The injuries at linebacker have devastated that unit. Williamson is mediocre at best and still seems to be struggling with the system. Allen is terrible. Gilbert is either terrible or not 100 percent because they are barely using him despite Allen being terrible. All they can really do is hope Williams returns this week and Spillane returns against the Browns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They had 40 yards of offense at the half.. that's as bad as u can get

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The "fix" is to coach to your strengths and away from your weaknesses. Our OC shows up! And our head coach shows up and watches the OC show up. Week after week, after week, after week, after week................

• Like Like x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Year after year after year after year...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am preparing mentally for the Steelers to lose out. If the Steelers win a game, I will be pleasantly surprised. It is up to Roethlisberger at this point. If he does not play well the team has no chance. In the first quarter Monday, it would have been better for the the Steelers to run the ball every down, take false starts between plays to eat clock, and keep the defense fresh.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I can’t believe I thought we would potentially go 19-0 and Ben would be super bowl mvp.

Man I’m an idiot lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben is performing like this so when he is successful again he proves that he is indeed MVP.

Hopefully you all have color monitors to see the green.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :smiley1:

23. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I think everyone is!

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This. We're down three of our four starting linebackers, with injuries to our depth players as well. The defense is still keeping us in games but Ben looked worse last week than Mason or Duck on their bad days last year. Receivers were getting open, he just wasn't hitting them, or seeing them.

25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    He sees them he just knows he can’t get it to them so it’s check down time. Like watching Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer play QB. Disgusting.