1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Kolbassi, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    is hurt, I wondered why they went to the short passing game, he is throwing with his shoulder and pushing the ball. that is what teams figured out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Also his interior linemen are AWFUL.

He doesn't even have a chance to step into a throw.

Pouncey is done, DeCastro IMHO is hiding an injury, and they had a 3rd strong guy at the other Guard spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Also Ben is not moving in the pocket much and not dropping back very far like in earlier years. He looks tired and old, and that's why he is getting a lot of passes blocked at the line and he dosen't seem to have the arm strength to overcome this like Mahomes who can back pedal and still throw deep.

On top of all this we have an OC that cannot design plays that help the players weakness, this includes last year with our back up QB who also didn't have the arm strength, who did not step up in the pocket and did not run well, even the run game design is horrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm not convinced that his linemen are garbage.

I certainly am not qualified to bisect at the NFL level but I lean toward our coaching as the problem. I watched last night as the O-line repeatedly fired off to positions where they ended up standing by themselves; veterans don't do **** like that on their own!

Think about this......if you could pick an O-line from any players in the league, and put them in system that is FUBAR, they would look bad too.

5. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I like how we have all become knowledgeable about Ben's throwing mechanics and have diagnosed those issues for him. I dunno if anyone here knows enough to diagnose any of those issues. I have no clue why Ben isn't hitting passes he used to hit. If he can't throw deep or throw with enough velocity get cannoned armed Mason out there. ugh

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The season is all but over ..We will not make the changes needed to possibly win games..The OC can not be creative and Ben can not get a stronger arm we are sitting ducks every playoff Team is praying they get us the 1st. round its basically a bye...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He needs to retire at the end of the season.. don't want him for 2021

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Interior linemen are awful, have you seen Big Al, he is even worse. I never thought he was that good ever, but this year everyone is blowing pass him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OH Steeler Fan

Sep 14, 2019

I will give you 40 million reasons that no matter what happens, Ben isn't retiring.

10. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Ben is done, IMO. IF his play is due to injury, doesn't change my belief that they should move on from him - ol he gets the "injury" repaired, but with him essentially the OC, a substandard OL coach n talent n Fitch what will be different??

Need to move on, new OC n ol coach n go get a vet n draft a qb

11. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Dude has enough money

12. OH Steeler Fan

Sep 14, 2019
    No such thing, why is it rich people are always going to jail for stealing money? Ben isn't that rich where he is going to pass on 40 million.

13. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Oh I agree these ppl never have enough money. I'm just saying from a logical point of view him losing 40 mill shouldn't matter because he has enough but he'll limp his ass back onto the field next year to collect

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    He isnt Making 40+ million thats just his cap hit. He is scheduled to make about 19 million with the rest being from restructures and extensions. Dont get me wrong i would still want 19 million but still abig differences between 19 and 40.

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ben had 2 passing yards in the first quarter and completely underthrew an easy TD on the first play of the game. He should have been benched at the beginning of the second qtr. Clearly something is wrong and we have a HC who looks like he would rather be taking a nap than motivating his players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    .....is old, hurt, and needs to retire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Never was a fan of Ben as a person but that **** is none of my business. I respect all he did to get my team to 3 Super Bowls and keeping us in the mix for so many seasons. I don't know what it feels like to get pounded for so many years but it has to take a toll. I think he is done. I am pissed the front office doesn't feel this way and more pissed they think we have a QB on the bench that can keep us competitive. We don't and I feel we are going to be the doormat in AFC North real soon.

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So if we cut him he will cost us 40 Mil against the cap ?

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Aside from Bernie Madoff, how many rich people have actually gone to jail for stealing money?

20. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    No we would save about 19 mil and have 20+ million (not sure the exact number) in dead money.

21. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    There was a time where the FO had a knack of trading or cutting a player right before their play dropped off a cliff. I think those days are long gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Probably a function of some of us having watched football for a very long time snd having watched Ben recently, especially yesterday.

I think Cam Hayward could have had better form last night.

23. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Ben is either hurt or his arm is tired. He was in the discussion for MVP earlier this year and he was a leading candidate for Comeback Player of the Year. His arm strength was only an issue in the sense he was overthrowing the deep ball. Now he struggles to throw ten yards down field. It's either his knee or a sore arm/elbow. I think they should sit him this week and rest it. Then have him play against the Stains so he isn't rusty for the playoffs. Maybe with some down time he'll re-energize a bit.

24. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Ben doesn’t have the zip on the 5 yard outs. Those are getting defended easily. Just three years ago, he use to rifle those in. Now, he is compensating by throwing a little early and anticipating. As a result , he is inaccurate and people he’s throwing to may not be open. Father Time gets everyone. Ben’s arm is done. He shouldn’t be brought back next year. Just like Polamalu, thank you for the years, but now you are overstaying your welcome.

25. Timbrr

Timbrr Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    I've had a shoulder replacement. Bens throwing motion is just like mine. He's throws almost side arm. His shoulder is damaged. The shoulder won't allow him to throw the ball at shoulder height to the top of his head. No velocity and the ball wobbles. I'm one of guys has no faith in Mason or Duck. Plus we are cap strapped. I don't have any answers. Think I'll have a Jack and Coke and ponder this situation

• Like Like x 1