1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Dec 22, 2020.

1. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Patriots did versus falcons. Mahomes got behind against every team last year and won

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben is not Brady or Mahomes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Why hasn't anyone been fired yet!!? Maybe the nxt Rooney to run organization will have some balls

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Tomlin will never be fired by the Steelers and he knows it so why change his approach?

He gets to run one of the most respected franchises in all of sports, he gets to do whatever he wants, he gets to go on TV with his cliche`s every week, and he knows his seat will never get hot.

Nice gig!

5. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    The only way I could see a firing is if the Steelers lost 59 to 0 to the colts or some ridiculous number like that. Otherwise if it's a close win or close loss they may still keep all the coaches

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s his emotions speaking, no one is getting fired from a team that was 11-0 three weeks ago and the primary reason for losing is injuries.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

How do we know for sure it's injuries? The defense is only giving up 7 more points a game. But the offense is averaging 11 points less a game

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Or care more about football than politics!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They are getting gashed on the ground now and while not it confirmed, Ben is most likely playing injured.

You don’t suffer the amount of losses they have and not feel the effects.

Those 7 points would have resulted in a win against Washington.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Tomlin is under contract through 2021, with a 2022 joint option between the club and coach. I expect him back next year.

It will be interesting to see if they offer him an extension next year or ride it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This sounds dumber every time you post it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Injuries certainly play a part but if people can’t see a certain theme in the annual TOMLIN swoon they never will. Anyone can make a million excuses but at the end of the day you either overcome obstacles or you do not. I know which one a TOMLIN lead team will follow.

And I disagree about nobody getting fired. Finishing on a 6 game losing streak and the offense the way it looks RF and the oline coach will most likely both be gone. At least I’d hope so for gods sake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now is not the time to fire anyone. But, that time is not far away.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m talking about getting fired right now. Not happening.

The amount of injuries they have sustained isn’t an excuse, anything else is coach speak. Injuries matter. Spillane stepped up and did a good job and then they lost him too, nobody’s depth goes that deep to realistically expecting the next guy to step up. You’re lucky if the number 2 does. Losing Bud is a huge blow and the trickle down effect to Watt is being felt. The Oline is suffering from injuries, too. The biggest injury of all is the one that Ben is likely suffering from.

16. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    I don’t know you and don’t care to. I put fans in quotation marks because many of you don’t sound like real fans despite claiming to be.

I assume you don’t have an answer to my questions and that’s to no surprise.
    What’s the hate/loathing about though man? Even if you spin away/dismiss the facts to legitimately deny that Tomlin is a good coach and feel that he should be gone, why is it personal with you? Personally, I think that Ben has underachieved and is/has been overrated. I think that a lot of the blame put on Tomlin for the last decade of stagnation should be put on Ben. I honestly think that the team made a mistake designating him as a franchise qb.

Having said that, it has never been personal with me and my opinion of Ben. His play on the field could never make me hate/loathe him. Seems like your beef with Tomlin isn’t just about football.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I can’t argue with the amount of injuries and that clearly has downgraded this team but it’s far from the only problem. And if you think that you are only fooling yourself. Ben says he isn’t hurt I mean if he’s hurt that bad he shouldn’t be playing and or TOMLIN shouldn’t allow him to. Offensively I’m blaming much more on coaching schemes and execution than injuries. Defensively sure I said when Bud got hurt that killed any chance of us making a run. We are 0-3 since.

18. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Not sure why you have to pull that card it’s so weak. I cannot stand TOMLIN because I feel he is an extremely overrated HC and has cost this team chances to get a 3rd or 4th SB in the Ben era. Nothing more nothing less.

I cannot completely disagree with you in terms that Ben hasn’t always been clutch but he is 100 percent a franchise QB. When he retires a hard dose of reality is about to smack many of you square in the mouth.

19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Opting out especially with the recent struggles. I just do not get mentality. It was said DJ was working 3 hours straight before the game on passes, the difference between knowing you stink and working on it,and saying you stink and grabbing a beer to think about it.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’ll never know now. I love Ben, but at some point there has to be some accountability for how bad he was playing. They owe it to the team and the fans.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This just in. Chinese fire drill will now just be referred to as the fire drill

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Ok so were not real fans if we think the coach should be held accountable and not be a coach speak puppet. got it.

23. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Tomlin is supposed to be the Boss. With that said has he ever fired anybody during the season? Since Munch left this O line has been getting worse by the day. Sometimes the Boss needs to make a statement . This o line has got older, but damn have they fallen off a cliff. They get pushed around ,the scheme is bad and all they wanna do is out finesse you. Randy gets no free pass either. No creativeness ,no adjustments made to what defenses are now doing. You cant have your 38 year old QB throwing the ball 50 times a game.[EVEN IF HE WANTS TO]. Commit to running the damn ball with a single runner 25 times [ not 3 carries for you,2 carries for you ect.] and you'll find some of these issues will go away. Ultimately the Boss needs to make some tough choices. Thats why he runs sh*t ! Do your job Boss!!!!

24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben needs a leader not the best example of one, just my opinion. Great qb, football player but not a MJ type. He would have 4 SB wins with Noll type at the helm.

25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well this certainly isn't true in regard to coaches getting stale and players tuning them out. Where is the evidence?

I can provide one fact why you are wrong in your assumption. What you don't understand is that the majority of NFL rosters turnover every 4 or 5 seasons. The Steelers were not the same roster 4 or 5 years ago that they are today.