1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injuries ruined this season. 3 games in 12 days...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He just came out and said they can't win without a running game...seriously? How about not throwing a pick 6 and a second game ending INT?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Every team plays 3 games in 12 days at some point every year... that said yeah ours has been brutal because of unexpected schedule changes which effects practice and planning but lets stop pretending it is our biggest issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Not true. Last year Steelers played Thurs 11/14. Then 11/24. 12/1. 3 games in 18 days.

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    As always SDOT never fails to disappoint with a fun conspiracy theory. Do I smell a boycott?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger made a bad decision there. He saw Washington open too late and rushed the throw, so he didn’t get it far enough. That certainly wasn’t Washington’s fault. The the defender grabbed him before the ball arrived.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is a significant issue that contributed to the losses. It likely contributed to the injuries. Tired players are more likely to get hurt. Players out of their routine are more likely to get hurt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Last year we played 11/3-11/10-11/14
    That’s 3 games in 12 days.

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I will say.... the last minute schedule changes could have an affect on their ability to practice and game plan.... but their biggest problem has been execution. Our offense has sucked with dropped passes being a major factor. Our Oline is banged up, as with our defense, can’t even tell you the number of unrecognizable jerseys I see during these last few games.

Play calling of offense was abysmal last night too. Why keep forcing Conner to run?.. oh yeah.... because our wrs can’t catch.... it’s a horrible position to be in.

9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Everyone gets hung up with 3 games in 12 days because it’s an easy catch phrase. The real problem was that we had 4 days between the Ravens and WFT followed by 5 days between WFT and the Bills. No time to rest and heal

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Also known as '3 games in 12 days'.

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, I don`t get the 3 games in 12 days stuff. A team that plays on Sunday all the time plays 3 games every 14 days.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s just some sort of an excuse I guess that makes absolutely no sense.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm sold on that now but without the injuries to the D I think we had the speed to give them a game.

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Without your enlightenment I would have never realized that it does happen all the time. I was bitching and moaning about it until your post awhile ago made me realize, holy ****, it does happen every season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steelrules

May 12, 2013
    Yes but I’m sure the players would have been fine with this schedule rather then the one we slogged through this year

“Last year we played 11/3-11/10-11/14. That’s 3 games in 12 days.”

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    A complete lack of Offensive Coordinator ruined this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Everybody forgets the Week 4 bye that they practiced almost all week for. They never had a true bye week.

You weren't saying that the first few weeks when they were lighting it up. Yes, Fichtner sucks but what has changed? Ben is playing injured. O-line is banged up. Defense is decimated with injuries. This all happened after a Week 4 bye that was never a bye then playing 3 games in 12 days. AR2 got jerked around by the other owners and Goodell.

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yes I was.

You can make all the excuses in the world but if we had a legit OC, those excuses would be meaningless.

If you repeatedly cut yourself, you can make all the excuses in the world about the color of the bandaids, the stickiness of the bandaids, the shape of the bandaids, your thin blood, the doctors who treat you.....and on and on. Stop cutting yourself and all the excuses all fade away.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    The difference is the amount of days between games. If you play Sunday/Sunday/Thursday, yes that's 12 days but if you play Wednesday/Monday/Sunday, it's the same 12 day stretch but the rest in between is vastly different hence leading to missed practice time for veterans and potential injuries due to lack of recovery time between games. I am not making excuses just trying to show the difference and in today's NFL, it's obvious this this has affected this team not only on wins and losses but more important in terms of injuries.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    AR2 isn't his pops. He lets the owners and Goodell jerk him around. Had the best team in the league and now they are decimated with injuries due to rescheduling games because of other teams ****ing up. Such a joke.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We played on Wednesday then on Monday. That’s essentially 5 days between games. When you play on a Sunday and then have a Thursday game you essentially have four days between games. So we gained a day there.
    Then we played Sunday night essentially six days between games. So we lost a day there. So overall it was a wash.

look I get what you’re saying and I agree. We got hosed with the ravens and the whole Covid fiasco. We’re gonna play no we’re not gonna play, we’re gonna play no we’re not gonna play, we’re gonna play OK we’re gonna play.
    My point is people keep on saying oh my God we played three games in 12 days. So what everyone does that. That’s really irrelevant. What is relevant is the way we got hosed with our practice time and the changing schedule leading up to and within those 12 days.

22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Its actually 3 games in 11 days.
    Baltimore 12/2 then Buffalo 12/13

23. Steelrules

May 12, 2013
    Crap. Fieler is on IR for at least 3 weeks

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No that’s 12 days.

25. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    It really bothered me to see players and coaches complaining about 3 games in 12 days. All that does is become a built in excuse in your heads. However, more important EVERYONE gets a 3 in 12 stretch.

Sunday to Sunday is 8 days, Sunday-Thursday is 4 days, everyone who plays thursday gets a 3 in 12 stretch. So, it's not some unheard of thing that only we got saddled with. Sure, we were jacked around with delaying games all over the place because OTHERS couldn't handle their own business, but 3 in 12 is far from a unique occurrence. Not sure why so many are treating it so.