1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers Haters Are Loud And Proud

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Steelers are currently 11-0, and I see and hear non Steelers and Steelers fans bashing the team. The Steelers have not made the playoffs since the 2017 season. In 2018 and 2019 the Steelers missed the playoffs. So the fact that the Steelers are the ONLY undefeated team in the league this season so far is great. People say the Steelers have played down to their competition, and won close games against teams they should have blown out (Broncos, Texans, Cowboys), but what about the Chiefs? They beat the Chargers by 3 points, beat the Panthers by 2 points and lost a game to the Raiders. For damn sure, the Panthers and the Chargers are not making the playoffs, and it's very likely that the Raiders may miss the playoffs as well. So did the Chiefs play down to their competiton? It's like the Steelers is the only team in the NFL that gets the spotlight thrown on them when they don't blow out bad teams. This is the NFL, blowing out teams in general is not an easy task. I do agree the Steelers have flaws. What NFL team don't have flaws? Every championship team in the history of the NFL had a flaw or flaws. People need to relax. To all my Steelers fans, let's appreciate what the Steelers are doing. Y'all don't have to be over critical over everything the Steelers do wrong. Once again, this team has flaws that I would love to see get fixed, but they are winning, and at the end of the day, winning is all that matters when you are talking about being a successful team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    While I do agree with what you’re saying, I also like being the dark horse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    At 11-0 they're not a dark horse, they're not under the radar.
    They are also not a team that has that Super Bowl look. Hell, they may win it, but I ain't bettin that way.

If the Balt Ravens were 11-0, with a string of unimpressive wins, that was outplayed by Pitt (in Game 1) but still won; that struggled to beat a short handed Pitt in game 2, with Ben, Connor, Snell out and Mason injured; this board would be caterwauling about how weak those undefeated frauds are. And you all know it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah there is some benefit to being written off, it may help to motivate the players.

I did not expect the team to be 11-0 but the team is what I thought they would be, a team with a great defence that can keep the score down along with a spotty ‘grind it out’ offence. It’s not especially entertaining for the neutral, they are not explosive like the Chiefs, and have relied on luck a bit more than you would expect an 11-0 team to. Ben was a bit rusty in the early games but he is improving week to week.

The big problem going forward is the losses on defence. I just think it may be too much to overcome.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers are not a team that has that Super Bowl look.

The Steelers also are not a team that has that 11-0 look.

But, the Steelers are 11-0.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That was too much to read. My attention span is limited. Spaced paragraphs would help.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I for one am enjoying this season. We do need to play better so we don’t slip up.
    We keep finding ways to win and until we don’t I’m not going to worry too much.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers do not look like an 11-0 team...but they look a lot better than our previous pretender at 13-3 in 2017. That team was a joke...even with Bell and Brown.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Not really. Steelers had players missing in that game also, but we all know regardless of who is playing for either side, the Ravens vs Steelers games are mostly close games. In my opinion it has been the best rivalry in the NFL for nearly 20 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    11-0 is pretty damn sweet. I'm glad they haven't been dominant just crushing teams. They've looked like crap for a couple games or halves of games but found a way to win. Finding those ways to pull through will be a huge benefit come the post season. They gained a lot of "we can do this" attitude to fall back on when they're in a playoff fight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm having fun watching this team this year. As far as what haters have to say, I could care less. There are concerns to be sure, but I refuse to grind on them about how it might affect the team moving forward. I'll just enjoy the ride week to week, or week and a half, depending on this damn virus.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    All I hear from my friends is "Wow-Your team is still undefeated". I then usually bring up all of the Steelers issues and they look at me like I'm from Mars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    It is getting old, run vs pass, we don’t look like an undefeated team we have flaws, people don’t like us, just go out Monday and beat the sh*t out of Redskins and shut everyone up. Yes that’s right I said the REDSKINS, like for the past 51 years of my life. Anyone doesn’t like it, here is an early Merry Christmas for you too. God this world.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Last year the Ratturds look like the team going places, omg who can hang with all that football prowness. :lolol:

The Saints are a lock to make the SB just about every year with Kamara, Thomas & mightymouse Brees.
    :beathorse:

Looks like the Steelers will get a shot at the Lombardi this year, kudos to everyone involved in the Steeler organization. Nice job playing to the standard, wins. Butler needs carried off the field for his contribution to 11-0. Ben wants to throw, let him. Screw the Chiefs, Titans, Russell Wilson, Belicheat, Ass Rod, Bills, even the WTF team. Steelers just need to get on a roll come January.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I respect not calling them by the former name,that said Snyder messed this up as he usually does. Should have been Washington Team in Football...or WTF!?

• Like Like x 3
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Burfict hates the Steelers and I just read he is going to jail.

Happy holiday gift. LOL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Hahaha. I saw that as well.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    We have a highlights TV show here in the UK / Ireland led by former NY Giants Osi Umenyiora and Jason Bell. Just watched tonight’s episode and they are completely writing off the Steelers, think they will be found out big time in the playoffs.

Not that that proves anything one way or the other but I was a little surprised at how emphatically they are down on the Steelers. Personally I think we can beat anybody at Heinz field but I could definitely see us getting caught cold against some of the better teams, say the Titans. The next couple of games will tell a lot.

19. Hearts / Steelers

Hearts / Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Similar to me.
    I'm well aware we haven't looked great at times but am not that insecure to not say it as I see it. Love where we are but have no illusions concerning our chances.

20. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    In 2005 we were 7-5 13 weeks into the season. We didn't look like Super Bowl Champions at that point either. It isn't about how we look now. It is about being in a good position and getting rolling at the right time. I find it encouraging that I don't think this team has peaked in any phase yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    People around me are pretty quiet. Any mention of Pittsburgh and I get angry emojis, or we are overrated. Then I show them this and more silence lol

2BC519AD-37F9-42EE-9E2C-747248BE07C4.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Getting tired of these Steelers are being disrespected threads.. Who gives a flying eff

23. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    This ^^ what happens from now until the end of the season is all that matters. Nobody believes in this team from what I have seen and heard over the past week. This is not necessarily a bad thing if the players respond in the right way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty well said overall, but the fans (mostly) who are being critical just want the Steelers to be more solid in the areas that they're struggling despite winning. Well, mostly. There are those who are way too overly critical, but I think too many fans expect perfection and don't give credit to other teams that the Steelers play.

I'm as happy as can be, and I love where things are, but I recognize that some areas need to improve if we want the Steelers to get to the big game. Here's to rooting for that to happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Like the Pats, but for different reasons, Steelers are a team people love to hate. Bad thing is, some of those people are Steeler fans.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2