1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

These guys are looking ahead already.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Ebron talking about when they get to the Super Bowl today.

I get you want to be confident, but it's week 12, worry about the Washington Footballers first.

They need to get these guys off Twitter with these "JV" team and Super Bowl posts! Especially when you drop as many passes as they dropped on Wednesday.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agreed, he will be luck to have an active roster spot if he keeps dropping balls like that.

I wonder if McDonald will get a couple more reps on passing downs against Washington?

3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I’m not a big fan of Ebron. He tends to run his mouth way too much and while he has made some plays and big catches this year he still drops a lot of balls at times and needs to be more consistent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Believing their own hype lol wait we don’t have hype since we are “overrated”.

Sounds like we need to get humbled... maybe next year after we win the championship.

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ebron would benefit from using the jugs machine more and tweeting less

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Ebron should just shut up and worry about catching his passes and play one game at a time. Heath Miller spoiled us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If Heath Miller still follows the Steelers he probably wants to smack him upside his head.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Why? Just shut the hell up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    He was asked a question about "if you make it to the Super Bowl", and he answered it.

We're DOOMED!!!! (apologies to hines)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Eric Ebron has far too much to say for himself. Just stfu and concentrate on the football.

That tweet that Stefan Tuitt sent out before the Ravens game was also ridiculous, why give your opponent something to pin up on the locker room wall!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Whats the big deal? I'm not having a problem with this.

What is it with Steelers fans? It's like. We are not happy unless we are miserable. And if there is no reason to be miserable....... Well then we will find one anyway.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That has always been his MO, and why we got him so cheap... He's athleic as Hell but, He can't block or catch very well

13. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    And he's soft. Never seen a man that big with momentum going forward always at a dead stop the moment he gets hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    And he's known for running his mouth.. We don't need another Mike Mitchell. Starting to feel like 2017 again

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Eric Ebron is a damn good Tight End coming off a bad game. This sure can be a fickle bunch.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    People really like to complain and I guess at 11-0 there isn't much legitimate too complain about so we get this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    So Ebron should go? Ben seems to like targeting him while moving the ball. Big target that hears too many footsteps but has been quite productive. Also not playing the injured card yet, why the Colts got rid of him.

SB talk is out of line until you get there, i agree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I like Ebron's athleticism, but he does remind me of Jeremy Stevens, the Seahawks tight end that Joey Porter called out as soft before Super Bowl XL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Several players from teams that were unbeaten late in the year and ultimately went to the SB were asked if losing a game actually helped them. I cannot remember the names as it was a quick bit while listening to the radio, however all of them said the loss (looking back) was actually a good thing. The pressure of being 'perfect' was gone, the realization of them actually losing brought more focus to the immediate and long term goal (my words).

This team is number 1 in takeaways, limiting points, and sacks...that is a healthy recipe going into the p/o's, 3 of their final games are on the road with a total travel (to and from) of just around 1000 miles (no travel fatigue there). The O still struggles (while still winning), yet at time has moved the ball at will going down the field.

The focus still needs to be...win the division, secure home field, work hard at correcting the deficiencies. Perfect season means nothing (unless needed to secure home field).

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There's a reason Colts fans hate Ebron, he does run his mouth too much on Twitter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yeah I saw that and was not impressed. Seems humility is lost on some players.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I like Ebron. He really likes playing in Pittsburgh and for the Steelers. He's been playing great this year too. With that said I wish he would stay off social media and watch what he talks about. Talking about Championships during the regular season has never worked for anybody. Also, I was wondering why fans of the dysfunctional Lions still hate and go after a TE that hasn't played on their team in 3 years. He does himself no favors on social media.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Nobody is looking for Ebron to get cut or anything like that, my issue is that this is just one of numerous times I’ve seen him in the media mouthing off. It adds nothing positive to the cause and can be a distraction.

Perhaps I’m overreacting and it’s harmless, IDK

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, posting dumb sh!t on the internet is very immature and... um, well, nevermind....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Because it makes the team overall look foolish. The Steelers have an MO of blowing it come playoff time and stuff like this doesn't help.