1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nelson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Dec 4, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It was reported Steve nelson was to have an MRI on his knee. I hope it is nothing major. We can't afford any more off this defense.:cool:

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Saw that as well. Hopefully it’s just a precaution. Need to be healthy going in to the postseason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nelson finished the game after the injury, so that is a good sign. It could be tough for him to be ready to go on the short week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Injuries are gonna kill us :( but yeah most teams have lost key players at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Good thing Hilton is back so Sutton can be valuable at CB if need be. Praying its just precautionary measures. Layne and Pierre are unknowns at this point
    I don't remember the play where Nelson got hurt, I must have still been yelling at our WRs to catch the ball :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well...

If it is to be feared the worst, now is the time to see what Justin Layne can do. Like most on the board, I do not like any of the circumstances set on the 2019 Class and never mind the 2020 one in terms of continual development. That said, having this "Aggressive Development" could be a blessing in disguise for Justin should he be able to perform well. He has done good in the limited snaps he has been called upon.

As I said before and I will say again; Justin Layne's development will play a bigger role come the 2021 Free Agency period. Joe Haden's Cap Hit is immense and he is unlikely to be retained. Even if he is retained, that just means both Hilton and Sutton are as good as gone. Of the two scenarios, having Justin Layne prove he is capable of starting as a Corner in the NFL will yield big dividends in terms of what the likes of Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert and Omar Kahn elect to procede.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    watching Pierre and Layne get their jerseys dirty on special teams = I would like to see more, they both look promising, but I was really starting to enjoy Steven Nelson (apologies to the haters) he has shown to me a lot of good qualities you want in a solid corner, he closes well and has good tackling technique

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I really hope we win it all this season, we need to. Then we can just relax next year and be optimistic with our future guys.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Neson?

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Justin Layne anyone? Layne?... Layne?... Layne?

Is it time to throw in the towel on this 3rd round pick from last year? 66th pick overall!

If you are wondering not a single pass defended in the past 2 years.

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Layne would have to be put on the field in order to defend a pass.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Steelers have a Datsun, now they have a Nissan.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    He has a very particular set of skills.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

He will find you

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Releasing Haden would save 7 mill but still pricy, could restructure to lower the hit. True that Hilton needs to be signed and I hope he will. I was unaware that Sutton was a UFA, yikes. They might be both gone Ask, they have upside that other teams might be willing to pay a bit more for. Saving on Dupree's departure could help in signings. If Haden is released that leaves a major hole on the outside and he has been playing above the line this season and even though he is aging I would retain him if possible.

I like Nelson. He is a steady force on the outside. Might have to sit him this week. He didn't practice yesterday and if he doesn't practice today I believe he will be out for Monday. Not good news. Listed as a knee injury but faint details of the extent. I would start Sutton opposite Haden.

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Or repeat

• Agree Agree x 1