1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

12-4 a bad record

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Dec 4, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The one and only Cleveland Brown fan I know is pretty excited that his team could go 12-4 or 11-5. Although I think 10-6 is where they will end up.

Got me thinking, 12-4 is a great record in the NFL but it would suck for the 2020 Steelers. We all would be pissed off if the Steelers finish 12-4. 1-4 going into playoffs would have us dejected as hell.

Strange to think that way but as my 4 year old niece says, it's sure is a silly time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    It’s all relative. If a GM and head coach of the Stains didn’t waste a #1 draft choice on an alcoholic belligerent midget, and went one game over .500, they’d probably name streets and children in Cleveland for them and put up statues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    12-4 in most years would be a great year and while you would have a few around here complain, I think most fans would be very happy with 12-4. This year though, they already have 11 wins and 0 losses so losing 4 of the last 5 would not be how we want the team going into the play-offs. Imagine if the Steelers went 0-4 to start the year and ended 12-4, everyone would be pretty excited about that kind of turnaround.

As far as the Clowns go, it shows what kind of organization it is when a winning record is something to get excited about.

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Losing 4 of the last 5 would definitely be a huge disappointment for everyone. But if the steelers are 1-0 on February 7th, 2021 all will be right with the world.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If the Steelers don't win a SB I consider it a bad season. This year will be no different and may be an even bigger pill to swallow considering our current 11-0 start.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Reminds me of what a friend said, if Hitler would have died in 1939 Germany would have statues of him everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    They have a little problem coming up this weekend at the Titans. They've had a fairly easy schedule same as us and their last game was the first time Minefield threw a TD pass is like 8 quarters or something like that. Lets see if they can get by Tennessee before I take them seriously as they don't fair well against teams with winning records.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I look at this year differently with hitting milestones to judge overall years success:
    1. Start and finish 16 game season - On track
    2. Make the playoffs - On track
    3. Win Division - On track
    4. Get 1st round bye - On track
    5. Get to and win AFCCG - TBD
    6. Get to and win SB - TBD
    Depending on how many milestones we hit determines how pissed off I'll be. Right now, we're tracking good but ugly, which is good enough.

• Like Like x 2
  9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sounds like my first wife.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Of course, the standard is very different for the Browns. That pathetic franchise has made it to the playoffs once since the expansion team arrived. Even that was a disaster for them, blowing a big lead and losing to the Steelers in Pittsburgh. That was also nearly 18 years ago. In that context, an 8-3 start is reason for Browns fans to be excited. I think they will end up 11-5. They will beat the Jets and Giants. I expect them to lose two out of the other three, which are against Tennessee, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers drop a couple of games. Monday is going to be tough. They will be adjusting to the loss of Dupree. They will be without Conner and Pouncey. They might also be missing Tuitt and Nelson. That is a lot to overcome against a team that is playing very well lately after a brutal start.

11. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I just love that the Browns are having one of their best seasons in recent history while the Steelers are 11-0 and have a shot at actual NFL history. lmao

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Misplaced post..should go under good and and ugly, but hey we will let ir pass. LOL

13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    And more talk about the Browns, Josh G in Seattle, and a potential divorce between Tom and Bruce on sports radio today. I love it, less attention hopefully means more focus and less big heads in the locker toom.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
    Never make a pretty woman your wife
    So for my personal point of view
    Get an ugly girl to marry you…

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Didn’t the ‘09 Saints start 13-0 and finish 13-3 with a Super Bowl win?

With the Chiefs record, the best path to the super bowl this year is to be a home in the playoffs and win out.

Either way, it’s one game at a time.

Browns can do themselves a favor by beating the Titans and Ravens. If they don’t, of what use is making the playoffs? If I remember correctly, last time they made the playoffs they did fine for the first half or so. After that, they had the same frustration as ever. Losing to the Steelers.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife was married before me. I never met her first husband. Hmmm....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have a friend who literally lost $1 Billion in the tech crash. He was left with about $250 Million. He was disappointed.

It’s all relative.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't see them beating any of Baltimore, Tennessee or Pittsburgh - unless we enter the last week of the season with our seed set.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Titans lost to the Bengals. They are capable of losing to the Browns. I know the Steelers and Ravens both crushed the Browns the first time around. I'm not sure what happened against Baltimore, but that was a snowball game against Pittsburgh. The Steelers were at their absolute best and the Browns were at their worst. The Steelers also had Bush and Dupree for that game. They won't have that same defense Week 17.

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't really care what our record is as long as we get a bye.
    After that, it's SB or bust.