1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mahomes...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 29, 2020.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Why is this thread still on the Steelers forum?:eek:

Maybe Patricks girlfriends, cousins, step mom has a dog named Swann?:yawn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The conversation about Mahomes is Steelers related, because the discussion is about a potential matchup as in the AFCCG. The Steelers questions are can the offense control the time of possession to keep Mahomes on the sideline? Can the defense get pressure on Mahomes and slow down the Kansas City offense?

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    But it really isnt Steelers related, because we havent / dont know if we will play them yet in playoffs, .. people need to stope working their selves in a tizzy over Mahomes... Im sure KC has a fan page, if they wanna go confess their love/ fear of Mahomes over there

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    And the answer is No. hopefully someone else knocks them off just like NE on the SB years we had.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    After the last Jacksonville playoff debacle.... we can't assume Steelers will make it to the AFCCG. Over the past 10 years, Steelers tend to stink up the joint in the playoffs. I'll believe it when I see it. Steelers could be 16-0 or 12-4.... and still get beaten in divisional round. Record don't mean squat in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Manning and the Colts in 2005 were unbeatable. Someone remind me who hoisted the Lombardi that year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    But everyone assumes KC will be there?? lol, like you said anything can happen in playoffs,.. but here yall are talking abt Cpt Ketchup in a Steelers Forum:facepalm:

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Thank the football gods Broncos took out the Patriots. Yes, that was the best Colts team in history... better than the Colts team that won the Super Bowl the next year. Bettis about gave me a heart attack with the fumble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Look at all of the scared Steeler fans.. THis reminds me of years gone by This team is not the same time so stop your hand wringing folks. We can beat any team .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Kelce is Kelce, what I'm saying is Hill is on another level this year. He is getting targeted a lot. Where as in prior years I would say Kelce was the #1 receiver on the team.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You guys can’t stop asking why is this in the Steelers forum because we’re not moving it ;)

This is very likely our AFC conference matchup and nothing wrong with discussing it here.

TTF is going to need to hand out more hall monitor passes for you all, not sure Glemm wants the help though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m a one man show.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Not Steelers related at all. Hell we might as well talk about the potential match up we will eventually have with Trevor Lawrence...even though we so not know who will draft him and when we will play that team. There is a forum for general NFL talk, that is where this thread belongs, but it seems we live in a time where 'rules do not apply to me' run rampant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well the standard is the standard! So let's role the dice and and start talking about potential other PO match ups, individual players, and even potential SB match ups. I honestly do not care that much, but the inconsistent 'standard' makes it seem like Roger Goodell is the one setting that 'standard'. :)

15. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    To be the best you have to beat the best. But let’s take care of the Ravens first

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    We are 10-0 they are 10-1. I would say we are on a crash course. Obviously anything can happen such as Covid cancelling the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Remember when they were looking forward to the Patriots in the playoffs?

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You won’t even make a good hall monitor. You’re off the list.

20. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    As great as Mahomes is he does like to hold the ball to make plays down field. That could play right into our hands. He’s a great qb and has a ton of weapons but they’re definitely beatable.

They’ll have to be at the top of their game whichever path is laid out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Rush 4 play man attempt to keep them at 30 or under points plan on scoring more than 30 points.

Not a mystery on how to beat KC it's just hard to do.

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Chiefs are pretty much 11-1. They play the Broncos next.

Hell of a lot of replies for a thread about a QB on another team that could do to the Steelers during his career what Brady did to us.

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Tampa has a good defense and did put pressure on him after they went up by 17 yesterday. To be honest he didn't have a good game although he threw for about 1000 yards. The offense stalled and allowed Tampa to come back. Their defense can be exposed and the Steelers have the weapons.

Our Defense will have to be very disciplined and the secondary has to be focused. This kid can make things happen in a nanosecond.

I hope they get to meet them. To get to the top you have to face the best. None of this hope someone else takes them out crap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers won’t do it but they should let Ben call the plays the entire game if they face KC. One thing they can’t do is get into a hole with these slow starts they have and then Ben bails them out drawing plays up in the dirt. Hand him the reigns from the get go and they beat KC. I think the Steelers are the best team in the league with their defense, just can’t let the offense get bogged down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, plus Lev Bell is killing it... oh wait, nevermind...

• Like Like x 1