1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ravens and Titans were having daily positive tests.. rescheduled. 49ers had gone 3 days without a positive, so they played minus the players that were in the 10 day protocol. Denver has not had daily positive tests, so they play minus the players in protocol. That consistent protocol is why the Ravens players that tested positive, are still ineligible to play on Tuesday

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    This ends up being a net positive for the Ravens. Even if they have to play shorthanded on Tuesday.

They're getting the positives out of the way now. Most of the guys that are positive were banged up anyway. Get some real time off to heal up and hopefully no complications. Just might be in line for that extra play-off spot later with a full healthy team while other teams are likely to be experiencing mini breaks that take out their starters just in time for play-offs!

5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Well it’s too late anyway for the Ravens the way I see it. They chose to go to their facility tonight and do conditioning work when they weren’t supposed to be back in their building until tomorrow. So if they were able to do that tonight and Harbaugh and the league let it happen then they can play on Tuesday night game. That’s it no more talk or cancelling this game or pushing it back after this took place tonight with the Ravens team meeting and doing conditioning work.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I thought Harbaugh was the one who made the decision to shut down the facility?
    And if there’s more positive tests tomorrow why in hell would you want the Steelers playing against these guys and take the chance to get infected?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    In a way, this might be the best scenario. Come the last week, KC still needs to play to win try and get 1 seed. So do Steelers, but they play the Browns. Imagine if Browns already clinch a playoff spot, they’ll want to rest players.

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope the Steelers put up 50 on them. If that’s a positive for them, so be it. They have so many out, the Cowboys might even be able to beat them.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They got permission from the league to go back in, just for conditioning, no football practice.

If there are anymore positive tests tomorrow, I don’t see how the game isn’t cancelled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You missed the point. They may be getting their outbreak and loss of Personnel out of the way before they get into an extra play-off spot in time to make a run. While other teams might start to see some outbreaks closer to play-offs or even during.

At that point what does it matter how much they might have lost by in week 12 to the Steelers?

They have a team that was able to rest starters while losing a few games and still making the playoffs. Timing could be everything.

11. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    So what should happen here then. You can’t keep cancelling this game you already did it twice and can’t do it a 3rd time. They need to make a final decision by tomorrow afternoon or early evening whether this game will be played or not. I expect them to play.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not sure why you can’t understand that if there’s more positive cases too close to game time that the game is not going to be played on Tuesday. I don’t want the game rescheduled anymore than you, but we can’t risk infection to our team.
    Plus according to BF Harbaugh had permission to use the facility.

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, they can keep pushing the game back. They've already committed to pushing back the SB if necessary. They can do whatever they want, and so far they've shown that they want all games played.

They aren't going to make a final decision just to appease people that have no understanding why the game keeps getting postponed. It has nothing to do with the Ravens that are already positive. It has to do with who else might be positive. If players keep testing positive every day, then there's a very strong possibility that there's more positive cases that haven't surfaced yet. In that case, playing the game risks everyone on the field.

They are not going to play the game unless they believe the outbreak is over, but so far, there's no signs that it is. It's insane that you want 100+ people exposed to COVID just to see an NFL game happen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm just curious, where did you hear that?.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, what the Saints did was worse. It wasn't one coach screwing up. It was the team having a damn dance party in the locker room with no masks on. They got off too lightly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You do realize these predictions of doom don't mean much anymore, right? The Steelers have a much better defense than the Raiders, who beat the Chiefs once and nearly got them a second time. They have a much better pass defense than the Bucs, who only lost by three points today. (To be fair, the Chiefs left a lot of points on the field.)

The Chiefs would and should be favored in that matchup, but the Steelers have a shot against anybody.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, you didn't notice that Tampa's pass defense has been atrocious of late. Goff torched them Monday night, too.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Snead was the only positive test today. Andrews tested positive Saturday. I don't think Judon tested positive at all. I think he is on the COVID list due to close contact.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Can the Ravens actually field a team with up to 20 players out? I know that is not the Steelers problem but is there a chance they declare that they can’t fulfil the fixture?

20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Do you actually think that? The Chiefs barely escaped a meh Panthers team and nearly flubbed against a reeling Bucs team, whose defense is nowhere near the Steelers, btw. They’ve not been super strong recently.

Kansas City should and would be favored but it’s likely a close game. I’m not saying Pittsburgh is the best 10-0 of all time but they’re pretty damn good. Folks need to stop underrating the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Exactly the way I see it. KC is good but the Steelers are great. Bucs defense is no slouch but as you say they barely beat em. Our defense is better and offensively we are no slouch. Sick of reading crap about Ben as well.. Ben is top 5 in my books but the analysts never really show him the love. Crazy

22. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I think both teams are closer than people want to admit. Due to Mahomes, the Chief will be favored and I’m totally fine with that because it all starts with a great QB, but the Steelers are likely the best all-around team in football. They, along with the Saints, are sound in every category. If they can get a few stops early, they’ll be fine. On Ben, he’s doing exactly what he’s supposed to do and playing the system as he’s been asked. His arm strength is slowly returning but he’s really just not turned the ball over.

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yes so long as he can continue to do this he will be fine. Not turning the ball over is extremely important.

• Like Like x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's all about matchups. Steelers do not have an answer for Kelce. Steelers can whip any NFL team except the Chiefs.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Other teams didn't have an answer for him, either, but the Raiders beat them and the Panthers nearly got them already this season.