1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We get bent by everybody and nobody does a thing but echo Tomlin cliches.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Jackson tested positive last night. He’s not playing Tuesday.

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Like husbands with selective hearing, some of us tune out anything with "genius" and "@SDOT" in it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    When you get the result and when you initially test are two different things. If he tested on Wednesday and got the result on Thursday, the clock starts Wednesday. I tested on a Monday and didn't get my positive result until Friday. But my clock started, for good reason, on Monday. Not arguing with you, just concerned that there's more "unfairness" afoot.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    From everything I’ve heard these guys won’t be able to even play in the Thursday game against the Cowboys.
    You may be right, but I haven heard that anywhere else.
    I still think that anyone that was positive as of game time Thursday shouldn’t be allowed to play in any rescheduled game.

6. rcoplien

rcoplien Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Stupid speech to text:(

7. rcoplien

rcoplien Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    They can't that will be going against the covid protocol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's being reported that this strength and conditioning coach wasn't wearing his tracker which is complicating the contact tracing. Again I'm interested on if they were to ping the rest of the staff's trackers how many never left their office for the last 14 days.

9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I can get on board with that

10. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    ratbirds next game moved to monday national giving them 5 days between games and us only 4. Rooney has to say something and stop bending over!

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Just thinking the same thing. Why are we only getting 4 days between games when WE'RE the team inconvenienced?!?!?!

Oh, that's right...

12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I totally agree with you on that. But you know as well as I do that the NFL doesn't make decisions based on what is right and fair. Their agenda is nebulous and far-reaching.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember Baltimore getting a week 2 bye due to a hurricane in 2008 so I get that this stuff happens to other teams but the Tuesday followed by Sunday is ridiculous.

14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    What protocol? The one that says:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR
    Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

According to that, it all depends on their initial test date. Not the date they got the results or the date it was reported. It means that any player testing on Wednesday or before can play on Tuesday if they get two negative tests between now and Tuesday. Unless that isn't the current protocol.

15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I would like to add, however, that our Health Department in West Virginia has explained a strange scenario to myself and others testing positive. Maybe it is in line with other health departments. I can't confirm that. But according to the fine, upstanding, knowledgeable health officials here in WV, the following occurs:

Once you test positive, the virus remains in your system for up to 90 days. Once you get it, you've got it. You will test positive for up to 90 days after the onset of symptoms. After your 10-14 day isolation, you are no longer contagious and are able to go back to work or resume "normal" life...as long as you are symptom-free. If you carry symptoms, your isolation does not end. If you exhibit symptoms after being cleared, the process starts over again.

I'm not saying this is definitive, or even correct. Just saying that this is what the good state of WV is selling.

If they are even remotely correct, how are players who tested positive a few days ago able to get negative test results? Who should I believe? The state of WV or the NFL?

16. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This should be the last time it is postponed. They have a practice squad, get them ready and let’s play. Goodall couldn’t manage a rock fight.

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Remember in elementary school in the 80's when there would be outbreaks of chicken pox and parents would send their kids over to their friends who had it so they could get it over and done with. Reminds me of that.

18. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I have had to deal with this at work;

Origional CDC direction, months ago, if you test + you quarantine 14 days then need 2 consecutive -'s at least 24 hrs apart to be out of quarantine
    Now, if you test +, you quarantine 10 days if asymptomatic but 20 days if you have symptons, no retest till 90 days from the origional + test date
    I am unaware of the 5 day quarantine from date of + test
    We did have positives that tested - after 14 days, but we also had +'s that tested + for 90 days

19. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Hey, rock fights are more complicated than you are giving them credit for. You have to approve rocks for fighting. You have to establish protocols for sanitizing, covid 'en at. You have to establish a social media presence, because as we all know, the current rock fighting presence is lacking. You have to develop a rock fighting message board for fans to complain about fairness of schedule. You have to have the best litigation team and pr people for when rock fighters hit their girlfriends or kneel before the matches. I could go on, but you get the point. It's not as easy as you make it out to be.

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    In Scribes defense this guy should be fired.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm: :roflmao:

22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not even know if it is unfairness, except that they are trying to be to 'fair'. You made the rules after the last covid outbreak..now stick to them.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This sounds dumber every time you post it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s trolling. He doesn’t believe any of that nonsense. I’m on to him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Stop the season right now.
    Start again in a few weeks.

It’s going to get worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1